What is the largest console pig farm ?

The Dude

Re: What is the largest console pig farm ?

Post by The Dude »

Been running a piggy operation on the Sosnova map, currently about 9000 pigs and I say about because they are reproducing quickly πŸ˜€
At this size it's a 2 man operation and both guys have to hustle and that's on normal time. Also no pig food all field feed and manual cleaning. The auto cleaner just gets overwhelmed and ends up on top of a heap. Besides your talking about thousands of pounds to be cleaned so a front end loader works well for that.
At this size storing food really doesn't happen, it from field to troth directly. If anything is stored it's in a tipper waiting to dump and Sugar Beets being the only item
I don't play with seasons either, to hard to keep up as I need more growing turns than a season mod allows to keep up.
Basically the entire west of the map is Almost all corn. And then enough supporting fields to make the mix with one Sugar Beet field used about every 3rd planting cycle.
I don't use the Mother Bin, using the 70K tipper trailers in tandem from the haverster to the troth and return.
What's neat is the volume of the troth. Hundreds of thousands of pounds in total.
Straw gets dumped by the tipper. Have 2 lofts to hold excess.
The Sosanova pig farm located right next to the BGA which is nice as you have to dump both the slurry and manure every couple of hours if you hope to stay in front of it. Big slurry tankers x 2 and 70K tipper with conveyors for the manure, the same in the BGA, pile it in the grass next to the dump point and then conveyors to the dump point itself.
I don't play it all of the time, but it's fun to get into the farm hustle from time to time πŸ˜€
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I love these stories *thumbsup*
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

VMB-TAN wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 pm If there only would be an auto palletloader...

Sweeper? You mean that red-white robot thing? Why doesn't that work? Too much spillage?
Thefisherj wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm He means a thing that deletes loose material
Exactly. As I wrote before: I'd lose too much crop. Like hundreds of thousands of liters. That's a no-go. Belt system, as much as I resisted it (I can hear you, Rodha :-) ), does a pretty neat job except the one-in-a-year situation when I fill the trough full for 20 000 pigs and then sell them to 15 000, for example.
Patrick73 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm Masterplan did you start off from scratch with your monster pig farm? When you say you don’t sell crops has that always been the case or are all those pigs just from reproduction?
Well I got 525 hours on Lawfolds. So yes, I started from scratch, no cheating whatsoever. Though I play on normal difficulty, so the prices are quite amazing. I've no idea how many pigs I bought in the beggining, but I'd look into 100-300 area. Definitelly not more. They reproduce as fast as hell. :)
I can't remember, if I sold some crops in the very beggining, I probably did sell some soya beans. But I made a fortune on silage plus bought cows immediatelly - they pay a lot in milk. And also sheep pay quite well in wool, if you like to torture yourself with palettes. Oh and I also made some serious money on woodchips. The "small" forest on the south-east end of the map is totally annihilated and now replaced with I don't even know how many windmills. Perhaps 20?
AP_Oddity7 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:28 pm
vicarofdeeath wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm Hello i currently have a console based pig farm which has automated feeding and cleaning. it is over 111k and growing fast. what si the biggest pig farm out there on console ?
I saw that in your stream this morning, now you're at 111K have you any targets in mind? or just go until it breaks?
If it's all automated - what's the point? Where's the fun in that? You just turn your game on and go to a pub and the game plays itself?
VMB-TAN wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 am I love these stories *thumbsup*
That's the fun in that. :-) Btw. is there was a more logical system to sell pigs, and I mean not having to click the X button like an ydyot for each and every pig, I might have attempted a record. To see how many of them I can have. But now I think I might settle somewhere around 18 000 as a stable stock, selling a couple of hundreds every now and then. That, together with 2600+ cows, could give me a sufficient amount of manure and slurry to fertilise my fields. :-)

Btw. do you know what is probably the biggest disappointment for me? Even 20 000 pigs are not enough to utilise sugar beets, which is one hell of a shame. :-( I love suger beets, I even harvest it myself (without dement = helper). But why on earth would I do that? Even 20 000 pigs eat second to none and sell it? Why? Too complicated for almost no money.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 amBtw. do you know what is probably the biggest disappointment for me? Even 20 000 pigs are not enough to utilise sugar beets, which is one hell of a shame. :-( I love suger beets, I even harvest it myself (without dement = helper). But why on earth would I do that? Even 20 000 pigs eat second to none and sell it? Why? Too complicated for almost no money.
The yield on sugar beet is tremendous for sure but so is the food consumption of 20k pigs.
Of course they don't eat sugar beet like they eat corn but still it should be fair chunk.
Do you have any numbers in mind?

Btw, did you try the new ROPA mods for sugar beet harvesting. They are amazing in terms of detail and animations. You should definitely try them out if you have not already.
PS5 / FS22
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Thanks for the info Masterplan :)

I agree on the sugar beet thing, altough I love to see that harvester in action; what a machine *thumbsup*
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 am
masterplan wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 amBtw. do you know what is probably the biggest disappointment for me? Even 20 000 pigs are not enough to utilise sugar beets, which is one hell of a shame. :-( I love suger beets, I even harvest it myself (without dement = helper). But why on earth would I do that? Even 20 000 pigs eat second to none and sell it? Why? Too complicated for almost no money.
The yield on sugar beet is tremendous for sure but so is the food consumption of 20k pigs.
Of course they don't eat sugar beet like they eat corn but still it should be fair chunk.
Do you have any numbers in mind?

Btw, did you try the new ROPA mods for sugar beet harvesting. They are amazing in terms of detail and animations. You should definitely try them out if you have not already.
You know me - of course I have numbers. :-D Oh but now I see in the XLS I sent you I didn't bother with sugar beets. :-D OK, let's try calculate it here. We know pigs need 50 % corn and 5 % beets. Meaning 10 % of beets related to corn. Pigs need 44 liters of corn per pig and day, therefore 4,4 liters of beets. You get 120 000 liters of beets from 1 ha. Meaning 1 ha worth of sugar beets can feed 27 000 pigs for one day. So I ended up with a huge heap of beets, that nobody wants.

Or in other words: 20 000 pigs need 88 000 L of beets every day. That's nothing! That's not even 2 full Holmers T4-40 (2x 45k).

You mean the 1:1 copy of Holmer, which happens to be painted yellow? I couldn't care less. :-) I'd prefer if someone did Vredo. That would be a DLC. Not yellow copy of Holmer, which I've heard is comming as a DLC.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I am getting stressed out just reading these posts.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 amOr in other words: 20 000 pigs need 88 000 L of beets every day. That's nothing! That's not even 2 full Holmers T4-40 (2x 45k).

You mean the 1:1 copy of Holmer, which happens to be painted yellow? I couldn't care less. :-) I'd prefer if someone did Vredo. That would be a DLC. Not yellow copy of Holmer, which I've heard is comming as a DLC.
I see your point on the beet consumption. You are right. It looks like nothing compared to what you harvest. And add to that there is no efficient method of selling mass amounts of beet (like you said earlier for crops over 1M), the piles can become a trouble in no time. Thanks to the game engine though, pigs don't spill beet on the ground instead of corn :biggrin2:

On the ROPA, I was thinking the same thing like you until I use them. Yes, in function and general modelling they are almost identical but think of it like that; you have 2 things, both do the exact same thing via the exact same method but one of them looks significantly better than the other one. Why wouldn't you go for the better looking one? :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: ↑Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 pm I see your point on the beet consumption. You are right. It looks like nothing compared to what you harvest. And add to that there is no efficient method of selling mass amounts of beet (like you said earlier for crops over 1M), the piles can become a trouble in no time. Thanks to the game engine though, pigs don't spill beet on the ground instead of corn :biggrin2:

On the ROPA, I was thinking the same thing like you until I use them. Yes, in function and general modelling they are almost identical but think of it like that; you have 2 things, both do the exact same thing via the exact same method but one of them looks significantly better than the other one. Why wouldn't you go for the better looking one? :biggrin2:
I tell you exactly why. So I got a Holmer T4-40 and the Holmer beet loader, OK? I use them very scarcely due to the aforementioned fact. So for like 4-6 RL months they sit in a shed. Now in the row of my machines they're somewhere in the middle and that's fine by me. They're not in the way. Now if I sold those and bought their exact copy in yellow - where would they go? Yes, to the end of my row of machines. So when on foot, the first pressing of D-pad left button wouldn't select my BsM 850 truck, but some beet machine I don't give half a damn about. And for what? To have two machines I almost never use in yellow instead of red? Thanks, but no thanks. :-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

OK... Yeah these might be the problems of playing on a map for too long, as the order, the map, and all the machinery in it roots down right into your heart :biggrin2: Thats cool :coolnew: I fear that you won't even buy FS19 because of that reason :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I will not buy FS19 until I'll be totally sure it's worth it and there'll be plenty of mods. Or maybe Giants will surprise me with some revolutionary features. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Hmmm... :hmm: I assume you won't be taking my word on how good it is as I might be a bit biased :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Masterplan: Can you supply me with screenshots of your piggy setup?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Here is what you are looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=897&t=114607
PS5 / FS22
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Many thanks ;)