addons I would like to see

hardwork

Re: addons I would like to see

Post by hardwork »

I know, the point was that it could be done if we were able to have different crops added to the game. It was mentioned before that some of the ideas would require allot of scripting and couldn't be done for console. I don't want to do it, just an example of how it could be done. My original idea is still valid. The program has no idea it is planting a corn stalk that looks like a cabbage that was my point. Harvesting a cabbage with a corn head would look silly but again if it still thinks it corn it should work. Planting beans with a grass planter would be the same. The small Amazone profihopper 2017 could cut the grass (beans) if it thought it was grass. I don't want to remove anything that is presently in the game
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

good idea, I never thought of that
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

I have been making crop circles in mission fields lately and having fun doing it. Again its hard as the only thing that I can find to do it with is
the harvester that is assigned for it. Have been taking screen shots on my ps4 but don't know if I can get it to post on here or not. This is where it gets more interesting. Tried to use the amazone profihopper to mow my own fields but it dosn't cut anything but grass. Tried it on grass and it is not a good look, to short to see. Going to try the cones to use as markers to help with layout shortly. This is what happens when you have allot of free time. Would be cool if Giants would add one to a field like they did the flag in Goldcrest Valley. Try it it's fun!
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

FarmingRemasterd wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:31 am good idea, I never thought of that
The response I gave you was long. The best way to illustrate this in console at least is to load 1 of the mod fruit trees in the game now.
when you go to the tree to water it watch the dialog box. it will say add water to the greenhouse. So the mod change is a tree that is a greenhouse. At least you read the posts and get it.

Thanks
eric21

Post by eric21 »

hardwork wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm As I said on previous post I am not a programmer or a modder but it would seem to me that if you called grass, green beans and used the planter to plant green beans it doesn't know the difference. you would change the visual to green ( green beans ) the program would use the same machines to cut beans (grass) as it does now. Would not look good but only you would know it isn't right. If you made a bunker and called it a cannery you would deliver it to that bunker as beans. If you have cabbage instead of corn and used the planter for corn the same could apply, again change the visual and probably the density of the crop you could use a forage harvester to harvest and make sauerkraut right in the field. deliver to a bunker (cannery) as a finished product. Ha Ha. Orchards I don't see a problem, no scripting instead of fertilizing spray or fogging both are already in the program (rain and fog) time lines may be a problem so use withering if fruit is not picked( all ready in the game)
delivering fruit is already available in the orchard mod ( you get credit I think every hour if you water and fertilize) We can sell eggs at the buy point honey could be made, buy bee hives (like eggs ) and sold. Buy and sell points are in game now ( take the new mods for buying and selling manure. Again I am not a programmer but I don't see these things requiring scripts and could run on consoles. I think most of the changes would be with the planting and harvesting equipment. Looks easy to me but I don't have to design the equipment either.
Everything in the game has scripts, what consoles can't have is external ones. There is a fruit tree mods on consoles that require you to water and use manure on them, I guess it uses something like the greenhouse in the game
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Eric 21 I understand scripts. I been programming CNC routers in my business for years. I go back to DOS and writing lines of code line by line.
I gone from that to G-code to programs that will write all the code for me. I spent hours looking for one mistake in a line of code a + instead of a - sign. Now I can simulate it in program and not break a sweat. I still go back to my post that the program is dumb it will not know if you call a tree a greenhouse as long as it uses the same code. There is more than one greenhouse now the only difference is the fruit. adding a third is ok if there is a slot available for it.
The reason I wrote the heading addons I would like to see was to see if if could be done I don't care if it is a mod or a DLC. The problem with all of the requests are with the gate keepers. We can request them someone can come up with the equipment to harvest them but if Giants won't
put them in the game it's a wast of time. There will always be things people want. I'll bet the day after this game came out someone wanted to be able to crop dust their fields. My main goal is that it would spark some interest and conversation before the new one came out. All I see in most posts here is all the reasons it can't be done. I sure Seasons Mod heard all that before. I think it was my second answer to the question started it all. 'that would take allot of scripts'. second great response they have all that on PC. One word that should be banned from this site is that one. There is on old adage If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance baffle them with bull----. The last word should be changed to bullscript. I tried to come up with alternative to accomplish the idea as a counter to the argument. Some finally somebody got it some didn't. The answer
from Eric 21 said it all. Now there are internal and external scripts. No one said the alternate ways are plausible only that the darn scripts are the problem. I can understand that there may be other reasons but let's try those rather than always falling back on the one easy answer scripts. I enjoy the game as it is but I don't want to go to PC. Nothing better than sitting in my easy chair and playing on a 65" flat screen TV.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Seems like somebody paid attention and added a small beehive. This is great and I added it right away. Always like passive income being added. I know that with enough cows their milk pays most of my farm overhead. Love it.