addons I would like to see

hardwork

addons I would like to see

Post by hardwork »

<t>I have been playing for quite sometime now in farming 17. I like to play to make money as a farmer. I would like to see the following things added to make it more interesting. 1 Add a cannery/juice plant 2. add a cold storage building to the farm. 3. change orchards remove manure and water requirements that's in the mod orchard. 4. Add a sell point in the orchard instead. 4. add a sprayer for spraying instead, with a requirement that you spray 3 times before fruit is mature and could be sold. restrict sale of fruit as 1st quality to the cannery if sold within 2 hours of maturity, after it can only be sold for juice. add a requirement that every 50 trees has a bee hive for pollination. Allow you to sell honey either as a passive sale ( like milk) or semi passive go to orchard sell point and be able to sell to the egg buyer. Many maps have more than one egg buy point so pricing could be competitive too. this way you would have to work to get your money by going to the egg and honey buyer.<br/>
Add a bulk crop like cabbage. Game would need a harvester to do it. A Vanhoucke harvester is one type. Cabbage could be sold for food at the cannery if sold within 4 hours of harvest. some could be sold as pig food, some could be put in cold storage and used for food for pigs,some could be sold a the regular sell points as a commodity.<br/>
<br/>
Add crops that are harvested at night like peas, beans and popcorn. This will give us something to harvest in stead of just moving the clock.<br/>
Require that the harvest is between 6pm and 6am crops must be harvested and delivered to the cannery before 6am to get the best price. After<br/>
6am pricing wold be lower as it wouldn't be considered 1st quality<br/>
<br/>
Cold storage would allow you to hold some fruit or cabbage for sale later but not to cannery as 1st quality. fruit could be sold for juice only.<br/>
<br/>
Are these ideas worth looking into? I would think that the Seasons mod would be able to add some of these things.</t>
redglasses

Re: addons I would like to see

Post by redglasses »

Console or pc?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

I play on Playstation 4. Play goldcrest valley and the valley the old farm. As I said I enjoy making money. I made over 3 mil on Gold crest and close to 4 mil on Valley the Old farm still haven't collected the gold nuggets. Thanks for the invite though.
hardwork

More addons I would like to see

Post by hardwork »

1. Add a snack processing plant. Potato chips, corn chips and popcorn. Also add a tilting ramp for bulk unloading of tt or straight trucks.
game play would allow you to have corn patato's and popcorn move from the field to plant or from the cold storage warehouse.( see my other post) to be sold. This would give you something to grow that would could be used for something other than animals. All could be used for animal food if needed.

Comments?

Edit don_apple: combined new topic with the existing one. Please don't open a new topic for each new suggestion.
Farmer1990

Post by Farmer1990 »

I would like to see a vehicle lock, so u can lock the vehicles not used at the moment instead og switching between them. This will also prevent a-holes from messing up ur farm.
With this, u will also be able to decorate ur farm. For example: leaving vehicles at the shop without spawning in them :) IM ON PS4 BTW
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Sorry, don-apple I am 70 yrs old first time I have been on a board. My first post I saved as a draft took me an hour to find out where it went.
I will get better at it.
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's ok hardword, if you're not sure you can pm myself or any of the other moderators here.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

redglasses wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 am Console or pc?
console
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Alas most of those have or would have a ton of scripts so won’t get them on console.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

I would be happy to go to PC to get them. I understand with console some would be hard to do but is anyone really interested in going to some food based farming. Just pie in the sky but the cannery seems doable. I understand that time lines may be a problem but delivering to a cannery would seem to be doable. a sell point in an orchard seem no different than picking up eggs, carry to sell point with the eggs just picked up from different location. I not a modder nor a programmer so not speaking from any great knowledge.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

PC has maps that have orchards, canning factories, potato chips etc. Map I play now has a birdseed factory, moonshine factory, bakery, vodka, orchards, dairy and more....you name it, there is probably a factory for it on pc. You wont find crops etc that have to be harvested at certain times of the day but there are a lot of extra crop types you can get.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Please stop making request threads. It is annoying and it just takes up room. Can a moderator either lock or move this thread to off topic or something? Thanks.
FarmingRemasterd
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

Look how much space you wasted complaining FarmingRemasterd, if what you play is good enough, good for you. Some people may like to dream a bit. Since this was under general discussion. My advice is if you don't think it fits your taste don't comment try off topic instead.
then nobody would care what you have to say.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

Sorry about that. I was ust seeing a lot of "request threads" on the forum and I knew that nobody liked dealing with them. i also knew we already have one as was just venting at the new folks. Sorry bout that.
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

As I said on previous post I am not a programmer or a modder but it would seem to me that if you called grass, green beans and used the planter to plant green beans it doesn't know the difference. you would change the visual to green ( green beans ) the program would use the same machines to cut beans (grass) as it does now. Would not look good but only you would know it isn't right. If you made a bunker and called it a cannery you would deliver it to that bunker as beans. If you have cabbage instead of corn and used the planter for corn the same could apply, again change the visual and probably the density of the crop you could use a forage harvester to harvest and make sauerkraut right in the field. deliver to a bunker (cannery) as a finished product. Ha Ha. Orchards I don't see a problem, no scripting instead of fertilizing spray or fogging both are already in the program (rain and fog) time lines may be a problem so use withering if fruit is not picked( all ready in the game)
delivering fruit is already available in the orchard mod ( you get credit I think every hour if you water and fertilize) We can sell eggs at the buy point honey could be made, buy bee hives (like eggs ) and sold. Buy and sell points are in game now ( take the new mods for buying and selling manure. Again I am not a programmer but I don't see these things requiring scripts and could run on consoles. I think most of the changes would be with the planting and harvesting equipment. Looks easy to me but I don't have to design the equipment either.