Problems with potato planter on oakfield farm

Coldlandlord

Problems with potato planter on oakfield farm

Post by Coldlandlord »

I'm not sure what the hell is going on here but I went to plant potatos in F13 and nothing happened at first, then for a test I did a few rows and it started planting small bits with big gaps. I wondered if the tractor I was using was the problem so I swapped it for one that I knew worked from CPF. This didn't change anything. I then went over to F34 to see if it was just F13 that there's a problem with. Whilst it planted a lot more than in F13, it stilled missed parts regularly. It's doing, at best, no more than a tractor length without missing a section. I tried backing up and turning around to go over it again and it closed some gaps up but not all. It just doesn't want to play ball. Also, the seed beds don't follow the direction of the planter??
I have given up until I get to the bottom of this.
NowHeresRoy

Re: Problems with potato planter on oakfield farm

Post by NowHeresRoy »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm I'm not sure what the hell is going on here but I went to plant potatos in F13 and nothing happened at first, then for a test I did a few rows and it started planting small bits with big gaps. I wondered if the tractor I was using was the problem so I swapped it for one that I knew worked from CPF. This didn't change anything. I then went over to F34 to see if it was just F13 that there's a problem with. Whilst it planted a lot more than in F13, it stilled missed parts regularly. It's doing, at best, no more than a tractor length without missing a section. I tried backing up and turning around to go over it again and it closed some gaps up but not all. It just doesn't want to play ball. Also, the seed beds don't follow the direction of the planter??
This happened to me once, if only I can remember what the problem was. Try taking all mods out and using stock tractor. You can just drag em over to a new folder on the desktop and when you try without any mods, except the map, just don't save afterwards and it won't effect your savegame. Also you might post your log.
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm I'm not sure what the hell is going on here but I went to plant potatos in F13 and nothing happened at first, then for a test I did a few rows and it started planting small bits with big gaps. I wondered if the tractor I was using was the problem so I swapped it for one that I knew worked from CPF. This didn't change anything. I then went over to F34 to see if it was just F13 that there's a problem with. Whilst it planted a lot more than in F13, it stilled missed parts regularly. It's doing, at best, no more than a tractor length without missing a section. I tried backing up and turning around to go over it again and it closed some gaps up but not all. It just doesn't want to play ball. Also, the seed beds don't follow the direction of the planter??
I'm checking this on F13 now and it seems to working OK, but I'll let the hired help carry on and post again when they've done most of the field.

For this part "Also, the seed beds don't follow the direction of the planter??" it's a known issue with Multi-terrain Angle and has been since at least FS15. There is no work-around in FS17 but hopefully it's something that's possible or built into FS19. You're limited to North-South, East-West, NW-SE and NE-SW (the standard non-MTA directions) for potatoes and sugarbeet.

I intend to use field 1 and 2 for planting potatoes when I get around to it, as these fields are naturally East-West anyway.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've now done half the field with in-game equipment and no issues at all. I suggest if you're using mods then you try it without mods, particularly if it's a modded planter.

Screenshot of planting: http://thisisgav.co.uk/random/fs17/fsSc ... _23_15.jpg
KimG

Post by KimG »

I have planted field 20 and 21 with spuds using the Grimme 860 Compacta with no problem, as for the directional aspect, potato rows do not repsond to multi directional planting, this has been the case since FS15, I think they have only 8 angles (not entirely sure about that, but that would be N NW W SW S SE E NE) so that is expected behaviour. Your issue seems mod related, not map related.
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Thanks for the pointers guys. Turned out to be 2 issues. the more realistic mod was the main problem espeshially with narrow tyres, but I was also using a tractor that was too small despite having more than enough power. It was too low to the ground which kicked the back of the planter up when lowering the hydraulics. Swapped for a mf7700 and issues have gone.