FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

fenixguy

Re: FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

Post by fenixguy »

Y'all see the trailer yet? https://www.facebook.com/giants.farming ... 602123778/

Edit: Nevermind, there's a whole thread about it. :blushnew:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
markare

Post by markare »

It's posted in the news and announcements thread
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:45 pmyes hopefully no more playhouses and convertibles
Giants should never stop adding stuff that's "just for fun". Not sure I would enjoy the game as much if they stopped.
Farming on PS5
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

How many of you will switch from 17 to 19 just because it's new. would you remove 17 and replace it with 19? I do allot of flying in fs 2004 (flight simulator) Still running on XP. There are allot of people who considered it the best of FS. There are developers still building stuff for it. Sometimes a new platform means the old mods are not compatible. Will you keep 17 and try 19 before removing the old one? Farming on PS4 console as well.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

FS17 will be removed the day before FS19 releases...the same as FS15 was deleted the night before FS17's release... I have enough games on the hard drive now, in progress, to keep one I no longer need...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

hardwork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:09 pmHow many of you will switch from 17 to 19 just because it's new. would you remove 17 and replace it with 19? I do allot of flying in fs 2004 (flight simulator) Still running on XP. There are allot of people who considered it the best of FS. There are developers still building stuff for it. Sometimes a new platform means the old mods are not compatible. Will you keep 17 and try 19 before removing the old one? Farming on PS4 console as well.
I for one... Without any type of hesitation. Because this is a game that has seen 8 versions in 15 years so far. And it seems every single one of them was the successor of the previous version. Which is a quite clear proof of the fact that, the game doesn't change, it evolves and advances. I don't think there will ever be new version of FS that is actually worse than the previous one. At the end of the day Giants is not a company with the sole mission of charging for everything in their game. They do what they do with passion and enthusiasm not just for the money. Thus, it is pretty hard for them to fail and release a game that is worse than the previous one.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

hardwork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:09 pm flying in fs 2004 (flight simulator) Still running on XP. There are allot of people who considered it the best of FS.
That's because it is :coolnew:
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I still worry that Farming Simulator 17 is so good that people won't want to buy 19.

But I saw the statements from Giants that Daggerwin posted and I feel a little better about the amount of new stuff being added.
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

I agree with you Lisertan on FS 2004. My point was do all the old Mods go away with the new game. Will the mod developers be required to up date to the new game to be used? Point being if I stay with 17 for a year after the new release will I only have the default game machines?
I guess what I am saying is I look forward to 19 but with some reservation. I will try to keep 17 as long as I can And maybe add 19 as well to
decide if I will switch over completely in the future. I'm old and change takes getting use to.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Krd1749 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:48 pm I still worry that Farming Simulator 17 is so good that people won't want to buy 19.

But I saw the statements from Giants that Daggerwin posted and I feel a little better about the amount of new stuff being added.
Look, it won't be an entirely new game. Farming is farming after all and we have some basics we will keep, so some things will feel quite similar. That's normal. The difference is: We will add to what we have and make it better and we do that with every single game. Some things change, some remain the same and some new stuff gets added.

People love to tell us we didn't change the game (my favourite: It still looks the same as FS08 .. WTF guys?) but that's simply not true at all. Some people like to point out that they feel we didn't change it enough for their liking and I think that's fair.

We will add some things to FS19 that, at least in my book, will change a lot. Even the things we've already announced do that (for me at least). Like a real sky with a moving sun and moon? With clouds that turn grey before it rains so you can predict that? Might not sound like much for some of you, but for me that's a big deal. The graphic looks INSANE compared to FS17 (I'm not kidding, I'll show a comparison as soon as I can), we will have horses and.. well... woof woof .. (I didn't announce anything here!) .. also character customization ... these things make a difefrence already and we haven't even started to tell you guys what's coming.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I wonder what the dogs will be used for?
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
markare

Post by markare »

*Elmer fudd voice * Chasing those pesky wabbits

OK ill leave now
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
hardwork

Post by hardwork »

I posted before in the header "addons I would like to see". I would like to see crops that are harvested at night. I don't like going to 120 to speed through the night till morning and watching my revenue drop. Great graphics are always better but if I still get to harvest the same crops as I can now, but they look better that is not going to get it. Character customization is nice but I don't think after the start of the map I never care if the character wore a blue shirt or green for that matter if it was man or woman., just that the machine looked better with someone in the seat.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:25 pm.. also character customization ...
Cool, that's a new one to me, and it seems to tie in with the teaser trailer having a more "personal" feel. Hopefully this is one of GIANTS' major objectives with 19 because it would make a world of difference for a game I'm already massively addicted to. :)
heyimbill.com
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^ better be beards....lol

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2