FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

Tomazius96

Re: FS19 to have new game engine ?!?

Post by Tomazius96 »

All aboard the FS19 HYPE TRAIN !!! Chooo...Chooo...
Curly484

Post by Curly484 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 pm All aboard the FS19 HYPE TRAIN !!! Chooo...Chooo...
I'll ride in the dinning car
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I figured a change in engine dynamics would have to be coming whether an upgrade or a new engine.... in FS13 there were issues with old gen consoles due to slot limitations. Bring about FS15 and next gen consoles and the slots were still there but the number was so high that it didn't matter... FS17 saw the slot cap reached again by some who would have an abundance of equipment and placeables... it stood to reason that something would have to be done for FS19 to still be available to the console market... either that or Giants would have to settle with losing half its revenue stream.

I am eager to see the new changes coming...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

My one question is will you be able to give us the targeted system requirements when the embargo lifts? or is it way too early.

Other than that; totally jumping on the hype train!!!!
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Craig. Perhaps this upgrade means I won't get lag in my single player game! Looking forward to the improvement
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

I figured that quote might have been a little optimistic. I'm excited to see the new stuff this year since I know Giants has been listening :)
Farming on PS5
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Old-an-Slow wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 pmI'm excited to see the new stuff this year since I know Giants has been listening :)
yes hopefully no more playhouses and convertibles

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Man I love my play house though :lol:
I cant wait to see the improvements, may I also say, I'm hyped to see a CGI trailer
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

When I was reading the news info on the release of FS17, one of the highlights was the number of tractors/equipment that was released with it. Will this be the same with FS19? If new tractors are introduced, the Fendt 1050 should be included. At least it would be nice if it was included.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

yeah, there should be some new equipment. All of the dlc equipment will be included as well. this is making me think we will get more sugar cane stuff
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I have been buying this game for many years now and enjoy it very much. Thanks giants! But if the game engine dosn't support better ground deformation I may need to look at something else.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 amNo, FS19 will NOT use a new engine, we will continue to use the Giants engine, however we made some significant changes to the engine. So it's not a new one, it's the same one, just better.
Thank you for the clarification Lisertan :hi:
May I ask one thing?
I've heard in a youtube video about FS that Giants engine actually based on Unity engine. Is that correct?
Asking just to have a legit information instead of some made up stroy.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 am
Lisertan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 amNo, FS19 will NOT use a new engine, we will continue to use the Giants engine, however we made some significant changes to the engine. So it's not a new one, it's the same one, just better.
Thank you for the clarification Lisertan :hi:
May I ask one thing?
I've heard in a youtube video about FS that Giants engine actually based on Unity engine. Is that correct?
Asking just to have a legit information instead of some made up stroy.
It's not. It's build by our founders on their own. As far as I know, it was a study project. So it's our very own Giants Engine. The truth is: Our game needs a lot of things other engines can't do (and, of course, does not need things other engines can do), so we basically need our own engine otherwise developing new things for FS would be a pain in the... uhm.. head... :D
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:
I do remember that Giants engine is developped in house first and then it was decided to make FS on it.
But in that video, youtuber talked pretty confident about that Untiy engine thing.
Misinformation is the biggest problem of the internet I believe :sadnew:
PS5 / FS22
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

That's right, it was a college project that was created by Christian Ammann
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.