How do I start a game with only 1 tractor?

SilverlFang

How do I start a game with only 1 tractor?

Post by SilverlFang »

(sorry for my english)

how do I start a new game with only 1 tractor?

When I start the game I start with 3 tractors but I only wanted one to make the game difficult
markare

Re: How do I start a game with only 1 tractor?

Post by markare »

Start the game as normal then sell the stuff you don't want/need
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

SilverlFang wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm (sorry for my english)

When I start the game I start with 3 tractors but I only wanted one to make the game difficult
Using the Steam version on PC...

If you are using either Goldcrest Valley or Sosnovka...there is a folder where your Steam installs your games called "profileTemplate/careerVehicles_map#" (where 01 = Goldcrest, 02=Sosnovka). You can edit that XML to remove the extra tractors and stuff you do not want in between the "<careerVehicles> </careerVehicles>" tag. For example, in Goldcrest I only want the New Holland tractor and not the Case 1455. I open the XML "careerVehicles_map01.xml" (using notepad) and remove the lines...

Code: Select all

<vehicle filename="data/vehicles/steerable/caseIH/caseIH1455.xml" propertyState="1" xPosition="41" yOffset="0.5" zPosition="-150" yRotation="90" dirtAmount="0.5" age="67" operatingTime="127000" tourId="tourTractor2"/>
<vehicle filename="data/vehicles/steerable/caseIH/caseIH1455.xml" propertyState="1" xPosition="180" yOffset="0.5" zPosition="-30.5" yRotation="-90" dirtAmount="0.5" age="53" operatingTime="101000" tourId="tourTractor3"/>
...and voila I only have the New Holland tractor with the Case harvester, etc. No Case tractors :)

If you are using a mod map, there is a file called "defaultVehicles.xml" with the map that you would edit. Again, you can remove unwanted vehicles in between the "<careerVehicles> </careerVehicles> tag.

Non-steam version on PC would be the same, just find where the game is installed to find the "profileTemplate" folder and the XML I reference.

**NOTE** always backup either the "defaultVehicles.xml" from mod maps or "careerVehicles_map#.xml" from the profile template I reference before you mess with them. This way if you make a mistake, you have the original to start again or copy back to their respective location.

Regards
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

start, sell stuff you dont want, lease something and return it to get rid of the money
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

On the subject of editing files, is there a way to run up the hours on equipment if you want to keep your same equipment but move it to a different map?
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

ClassicTractors wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:16 am On the subject of editing files, is there a way to run up the hours on equipment if you want to keep your same equipment but move it to a different map?
Look above at Black Fox's post and edit the operating time, that will do it. *thumbsup*
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ Awesome. Thank you *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

ClassicTractors wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 am ^^ Awesome. Thank you *thumbsup*
You are very welcome!
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
SilverlFang

Post by SilverlFang »

BlackFox403 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 am
SilverlFang wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm (sorry for my english)

Using the Steam version on PC...

If you are using either Goldcrest Valley or Sosnovka...there is a folder where your Steam installs your games called "profileTemplate/careerVehicles_map#" (where 01 = Goldcrest, 02=Sosnovka). You can edit that XML to remove the extra tractors and stuff you do not want in between the "<careerVehicles> </careerVehicles>" tag. For example, in Goldcrest I only want the New Holland tractor and not the Case 1455. I open the XML "careerVehicles_map01.xml" (using notepad) and remove the lines...

<vehicle filename="data/vehicles/steerable/caseIH/caseIH1455.xml" propertyState="1" xPosition="41" yOffset="0.5" zPosition="-150" yRotation="90" dirtAmount="0.5" age="67" operatingTime="127000" tourId="tourTractor2"/>
<vehicle filename="data/vehicles/steerable/caseIH/caseIH1455.xml" propertyState="1" xPosition="180" yOffset="0.5" zPosition="-30.5" yRotation="-90" dirtAmount="0.5" age="53" operatingTime="101000" tourId="tourTractor3"/>
...and voila I only have the New Holland tractor with the Case harvester, etc. No Case tractors :)

If you are using a mod map, there is a file called "defaultVehicles.xml" with the map that you would edit. Again, you can remove unwanted vehicles in between the "<careerVehicles> </careerVehicles> tag.

Non-steam version on PC would be the same, just find where the game is installed to find the "profileTemplate" folder and the XML I reference.

**NOTE** always backup either the "defaultVehicles.xml" from mod maps or "careerVehicles_map#.xml" from the profile template I reference before you mess with them. This way if you make a mistake, you have the original to start again or copy back to their respective location.

Regards

Can I use this method to choose the number of fields I will start too?
BlackFox403

Post by BlackFox403 »

SilverlFang wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm
Can I use this method to choose the number of fields I will start too?
You can yes. Locate the file "economy.xml" located where your savegame slot is. In that file you will see the following (I am using Goldcrest as example and only showing 5 out of 31 fields to keep post short)..

<fieldOwnership>
      <field number="1" ownedByPlayer="false" npcIndex="15" />
      <field number="2" ownedByPlayer="false" npcIndex="2" />
      <field number="3" ownedByPlayer="false" npcIndex="6" />
      <field number="4" ownedByPlayer="false" npcIndex="6" />
      <field number="5" ownedByPlayer="false" npcIndex="14" />
     ...etc
</fieldOwnership>
Just change the value *ownedByPlayer="false"* to "ownedByPlayer="true"* or vice versa.

If you are starting a new game with one tractor, then start game, save it, exit and then edit the "economy.xml" file after.

**NOTE** If using the Bank of Hagenstedt mod, be aware if you edit the fields owned in "economy.xml", you will also need to change the fields listed in the file "bankofhagenstedt.xml". For example, here are the same 5 fields in the BoH XML file..

<fields count="31">
        <field/>
        <field fieldNumber="1" fieldPrice="417150.000000" ownedByPlayer="false" fieldLeasePrice="31286.250000" leasedByPlayer="false" remainingLeaseDays="0.000000"/>
        <field fieldNumber="2" fieldPrice="98010.000000" ownedByPlayer="false" fieldLeasePrice="7350.750000" leasedByPlayer="false" remainingLeaseDays="0.000000"/>
        <field fieldNumber="3" fieldPrice="187110.000000" ownedByPlayer="false" fieldLeasePrice="14033.250000" leasedByPlayer="false" remainingLeaseDays="0.000000"/>
        <field fieldNumber="4" fieldPrice="225180.000000" ownedByPlayer="false" fieldLeasePrice="16888.500000" leasedByPlayer="false" remainingLeaseDays="0.000000"/>
        <field fieldNumber="5" fieldPrice="967950.000000" ownedByPlayer="false" fieldLeasePrice="72596.250000" leasedByPlayer="false" remainingLeaseDays="0.000000"/>
 ...etc
    </fields>
So again, as with "economy.xml", change the *ownedByPlayer=X"* to what you want and make sure both files match in ownership. If not using Bank of Hagenstedt mod, then disregard the **Note**. :)

Regards