to lease or buy

canadafarms

Re: to lease or buy

Post by canadafarms »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:15 am With the economics engine the way it is - rootcrops are bad. Price drops just as quickly (%-wise) as with a lot more valuable crops but since yield is much better you probably cannot sell all in one go. I really-really hope with FS19 they change this. For example on some mod maps (PC only) the price is basically fixed for the whole day but limiting factor becomes silo space in the place of purchase. Feels more logical to me.
I am surprised more people aren’t talking about this. With root crops it may be more noticeable but selling any crop in 17 is, for the lack of a better term, annoying. IRL the margins in farming are tighter than ever and having the price of a commodity drop 30% after delivering one load is so unrealistic, it drives me crazy. Then if you want to try to beat the price drops you have to set up elaborate conveyor systems or auger wagons....very unrealistic. What was wrong with the economy in 13 and 15 when you had an hour to sell your crops before the price dropped dramatically? I find I diversify a lot less now because selling high volume crops are just a PITA. Pretty much only grow beans and sunflowers, so is this “improved” economy really better than what we had? Maybe with the amount of maps we have now people just jump map to map and don’t get to the point where selling large volumes of crops is an issue but I am the type that sets in on a map for hundreds of hours and when you do that you generally have more than a load to sell at a time. And great demands....don’t even get me started. I used to live for great demands, it added an element of excitement to the game and now....well I have only had one GD in the game that was actually a higher price than the other delivery points and as luck would have it I didn’t have any of that crop stored at that time, so why even call it a great demand? A great demand implies that there is an urgent need for something and usually that means getting a better price. Sorry for the rant and being off topic but I fully agree that this is something that they need to address in 19. Dogs and horses are cool and all but the heartbeat of the game is the economy and as it is now is just ridiculous.
Last edited by canadafarms on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

+1

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Have to agree with the guy from Canada
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

canadafarms pretty much nailed all the problems with the pricing and price fluctuation system. The idea that a commodity price responds to (over)supply is neat but in reality of course no commodity traded on the world market would register the thought of a hint of a blip after one farmer delivered one load.

I also play maps for hundreds of hours and when the annual crop is all in there is usually some hundreds of thousands of litres per commodity to market. I end up piecemealing it all over the map to several different buyers with an hour or more between loads, watching the prices fluctuate all over. It gives you something to do I guess but is a very peculiar representation of "watching the markets".

The great demand system just seems broken. My experience is the very same. 3/4 of the time when a great demand triggers, the price offered is not even the highest on the board, let alone way above the market average. Mind you I deal with real life buyers like this too... "We're so desperate to buy this from you! We really really need it! But we can't pay as much as the place across the road..." :lol: so maybe whoever implemented this is drawing on real-life grain marketing experience.

I should clarify I'm not bashing the game. Even with these quirks it is awesome and I'm hooked. This just seems like an area that could easily be made less frustrating (especially if there were more robust systems already used in 15 and 13).
markare

Post by markare »

The high demand in this version is for a certain sell point. Not the best price overall. For instance the bakery buys wheat for 250 per 1000l. You sell elsewhere at a higher price then the bakery will drop a higher rate and great demand because its not getting what is needed. The great demand then is only for the bakery. Not let's say the transport company. The higher price is for that one place inly. Higher than it normally is. Not as a whole and being the best price you will get anywhere
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:09 pm I also play maps for hundreds of hours and when the annual crop is all in there is usually some hundreds of thousands of litres per commodity to market. I end up piecemealing it all over the map to several different buyers with an hour or more between loads, watching the prices fluctuate all over. It gives you something to do I guess but is a very peculiar representation of "watching the markets".
This basically enforces you to buy the biggest tipper even if you actually don't need it - just to get the best price. This is just wrong.