Goals of your franchise you should be looking into for maximizing profits

seltzy123

Re: Goals of your franchise you should be looking into for maximizing profits

Post by seltzy123 »

its not the opposite of maximizing profits. its a farming SIMULATOR game. i feel like realistic pumps should be in game instead of driving in a freaking lake to get water for animals bro..secondly, slurry just automatically fills when you drive next to it? focus on a bit more detail just to make it more enjoyable and more REALISTIC. maybe i will just end up playing farmville on facebook? why spend 60$ plus dlc on a repeat cookie cutter game? isnt the franchises goal to sell more copies? maybe make it an actual simulation game... if i dont see improvements that i dont like im probably not playing it anymore. i mean I DO farm in real life anyway so im not out anything. just suggestions that i feel thats needed to keep the franchise alive or else they wont even get anywhere with this cookie cut game. its like what call of duty is running into.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Well the thing is, the more details GIANTS puts into a game the harder it is for them to
A- work on more mechanical features of the game, because they're focusing their time/effort on making it look pretty
B- let the game run on lower end PC's and older gen consoles. The more details are added the more system resources are used and the harder it is for people with older systems to be able to play.
It's all about balance. Not everyone wants the game to be super realistic, a lot of people play the game to have fun and relax, so putting everything you want into the game isn't in their best interests. I 100% disagree with what you said about FS turning into COD... FS improves with every new game, new stuff is always added, and the game looks better. Have you seen FS13? Even FS15 to FS17 is a big difference
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
seltzy123

Post by seltzy123 »

i know. i really like this game alot! i really appreciate what giants does. just some cool features and details would be nice to add in here and there. im not saying do a overhaul on everything in great detail!! i understand the balance thing. just here and there though? just to make it real.. they must not be watching was cod is going through.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

seltzy123 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:31 am its a farming SIMULATOR game.
When creating a simulation of any type, the developer has to decide the boundaries of the simulation. All simulations (games, academic, or professional) have boundaries. The more in depth the simulation, the larger the boundaries. Larger boundaries require a much more intense development effort and higher cost. There are certainly very in depth academic and profession simulations. That software often costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. As someone else here said, its all about balance. How in depth does the simulation need to be to achieve its goal; in this case, entertainment? The deeper you go, the more realistic the simulation. Unfortunately, it becomes more expensive and less approachable by your average player.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

seltzy123 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:49 pm just to make it real..
It will never be "real". Fortunately, its fun instead.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
seltzy123

Post by seltzy123 »

you truly wont find the cost unless you actually do it and do a marginal analysis on expected sales and costs. its simple accounting. cost profit margins. if i put in this much to add a little more to the game to make it better, what are my target sales? if theyre happy averaging 2 million copies for an average player every year , then fine. or make it great and increase sales by 3-4 million copies? it takes effort to grow a game. you can just keep making a cookie cut game and change the lighting to make it the next best thing. especially when the title says "simulator". farming has been apart of my life for a long time now and this game doesnt even have the right to call it a simulation. its missing like 3/4 of what it takes. this is just an arcade game. but i do like it alot though. just wish they added aspects that realte to experienced people to. because they get annoyed. and will keep getting annoyed if they dont actual relate the simulation to ACTUAL farming. mark my comments, becasue thats where this game will end up in the end. they just need to grow as a company more to make it the way its REALLY supposed to be.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Everyone thinks they know how to do other people's jobs better.

If it was that easy to increase sales, I'm confident that they are not so dumb as to not do it.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

If we would want to make a game that is matching perfectly the interest of each player, we would probably end up with like 500 different versions of the game. Since that's not an option, we always try to improve the game in as many areas as possible. However, there are so many constraints, so every choice is almost always a tradeoff we need to make. Like nice graphics vs. playability on older computer, realism vs. accessibility, realism vs. fun for the more casual player, diversity vs. time we can spend to fine-tune specific features, etc.
Nevertheless, we always try to improve the game substantially in its entirety (although it might look for some players as not a lot, because they're only interested in a small aspect of the game). I think we did a decent effort to reach that goal in the past and I'd say we're going to have another substantial improvement with FS19. So you're definitely going to find one or the other aspect mentioned in seltzy123's list in FS19 plus tons of other things that other people might find more important.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Well said Stegei! Admittedly I was a little apprehensive about buying fs19 a while back, especially with so many other names throwing theirs into the farming SIM genre but I'm super excited now.. Between your words and what Lis had to say it seems I will end up with both pc and console versions.... Now take my money :lol:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm Well said Stegei! Admittedly I was a little apprehensive about buying fs19 a while back, especially with so many other names throwing theirs into the farming SIM genre but I'm super excited now.. Between your words and what Lis had to say it seems I will end up with both pc and console versions.... Now take my money :lol:
They can take my money to I'm waiting on CPU specs then I'll have both console and pc version also
seltzy123

Post by seltzy123 »

im not playing this game anymore if they dont head in the direction of what cattle and croppppppsss is doing. plain and simple.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Bye felicia
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm
seltzy123 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:49 pm just to make it real..
It will never be "real". Fortunately, its fun instead.
wot he said *thumbsup*
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

seltzy123 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 pm im not playing this game anymore if they dont head in the direction of what cattle and croppppppsss is doing. plain and simple.
Cattle and cropsss wasn't even that good. Other than the building you could do I've seen really iffy reviews on it
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

The entire premise of this discussion of Giants focusing on their profits is ludicrous. Giants is a private company therefore stating they should be "looking to maximize profits" with no basis is without merit. You could be assuming they maximize their profits on sales when in fact their largest margin may be on investments.

However, when a company is public you can look at their financial picture and make assumptions about the operating environment within the company. All the while understanding that these financials are "cooked" to the extent allowed by law.