Goals of your franchise you should be looking into for maximizing profits

seltzy123

Re: Goals of your franchise you should be looking into for maximizing profits

Post by seltzy123 »

the suggestions i originally posted on here are pretty good if you ask me, its not even that hard to do. calm yours pants down. jeez oh man you people just love to argue and show that your right. when in fact, without having any real farming experience, it makes the majority of real life farmers laugh at this game sometimes. all im saying is make it a little better than before and not make another cookie cutter game. no wonder this game is getting nowhere fast with people like this in the community that shuts out any good ideas.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

seltzy123 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:10 pmit makes the majority of real life farmers laugh at this game sometimes.
While a lot of real life farmers do play this game, I'd say the majority of their sales are from people who have never even driven a riding mower.
seltzy123 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:10 pmno wonder this game is getting nowhere fast
Is that a joke? I've been at this game since FS2011 and they've came pretty far since then. FS17 sold over 1 million copies in the first month of release.

I'm not arguing with your suggestions (I haven't even read them, to be honest) but I still think Giants is doing great thus far and only getting better.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I suspect OP remains adamant that only they truly know what the franchise needs to succeed, and obviously knows what the "majority of real farmers" think of this game. As someone who has worked on a real farm, with real farmers, I know that they (the ones I know personally) very much enjoy this game because it is not a full-on emulation of what they already do day-to-day.

Reading through these forums, FS-UK, and the franchise sub-reddit, it would appear that there are many real farmers who very much enjoy this game (and others who do not). The joys of this being a game is that the main focus is entertainment, not high-fidelity replication, though it does serve to enhance the former to a certain extent, balanced with other aspects.

The last post from OP removed any hope I had of further objective discussion in this thread for some of the ideas proposed.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also what annoys me is that people tend to think where they live or the country they live in, is the whole world to them. Just because a few people don't like what Giants are doing or have done does not mean everyone agrees with them
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I wonder if op owns a video game company
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ maybe :hmm: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:58 pm I suspect OP remains adamant that only they truly know what the franchise needs to succeed, and obviously knows what the "majority of real farmers" think of this game. As someone who has worked on a real farm, with real farmers, I know that they (the ones I know personally) very much enjoy this game because it is not a full-on emulation of what they already do day-to-day.

Reading through these forums, FS-UK, and the franchise sub-reddit, it would appear that there are many real farmers who very much enjoy this game (and others who do not). The joys of this being a game is that the main focus is entertainment, not high-fidelity replication, though it does serve to enhance the former to a certain extent, balanced with other aspects.

The last post from OP removed any hope I had of further objective discussion in this thread for some of the ideas proposed.

Could not say it better. We are a game after all, a game should always be fun and that will always be our main goal. Some people love it as realistic as possible (and we will continue to put things in the game to please these players) but the number 1 priority has to be fun.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Which in a way is the cornerstone of the whole gaming industry if games weren’t fun it wouldn’t be the huge marketplace we know and love (and sometimes hate) today