Would you use this if it was added to the game?

MrSquealypig

Would you use this if it was added to the game?

Post by MrSquealypig »

I was looking up different types of harvesters on youtube and this popped up as a recommended video:

Would you buy one of these for your virtual farm? I'm not sure what the advantage of using this would be, but it looks really cool.
Deadeye

Re: Would you use this if it was added to the game?

Post by Deadeye »

I probably wouldn't. It's neat, for sure..But as a piece of equipment in game it's likely expensive, and cost more to run and maintain than just a tractor and baler. In real life, it is also somewhat impractical. Still very neat, but it's one more engine to maintain, and it can only do a single thing. Around here where I live, haying season runs from roughly May-August, maybe a little more or less either way depending on weather conditions that year. After that, the machine would get put up for the remainder of the year. It's much easier for most farmers (especially around here) to have a tractor and "normal" baler. Because in the fall and winter the baler can just be put up and the tractor can be used for other jobs. Bigger farms might find some use in something like this though.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Hell ya I would because this is really just a game and using cool stuff is awesome.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Would it be awesome: yes. Would I use it: probably not....I think the cost of purchase and then upkeep costs would outweigh the benefits of ownership since it can only be used for one task.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's just a concept not a production model
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Maybe they would like to use Farming Simulator for further testing of the concept!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Maybe but who in the real world is going to buy one of these things? It's been posted before but quite a few people here don't like it or sell well
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:44 am Maybe they would like to use Farming Simulator for further testing of the concept!
I don't think putting it in a game would help them test it, but idk
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Yep, I would certainly use something like that. We have self propelled sprayers and mowers so why not? I'd quite like the convenience of not worrying about having a free tractor in order to get the baling done.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I bet you could buy a tractor and baler for less than the price of one of those, then you'd have an extra tractor when not baling.
IRL I can see benefits with the operating position and turning circle, but the pick up reel doesn't look very visible or accessible, and you wouldn't want much of a slope with those tyres!
That said, I'd probably use it in farm sim, as I quite like specialized pieces of equipment and money's not much of a factor, usually.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:57 pm
Krd1749 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:44 am Maybe they would like to use Farming Simulator for further testing of the concept!
I don't think putting it in a game would help them test it, but idk
Well, I thought it could be like the Horsch DLC.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Horsh one was for their training purposes I think
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I wouldn't. For one I never use round bales, and secondly it would be way too expensive. You will already own a tractor in the game so then you just need to buy a round baler, which is relatively cheap if you want to get into baling.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Same could be said for sprayers or combines or forge harvesting or telehandlers or wheel loaders or trucks . This is just a video game, more stuff is always a good thing
USMarshal12

Post by USMarshal12 »

I would absolutely use it! Nothing is worse than baling up or down a hill, once it's full you can turn on a dime. Great idea, great concept and most of you guys sound like you're playing with real money. Get Real.. :lol:
PS4 *thumbsup*
Maine, USA