Fs 17 update support cutoff

livesea72

Fs 17 update support cutoff

Post by livesea72 »

Is there a known date Giants have picked to end support for fs17 ? I know most companies end after a year even if thier game still need work (im looking at you bioware) and i know giants still has updates and dlc planned but with fs19 probably out in 9 months im pretty sure its something they have already looked into.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
MrSquealypig

Re: Fs 17 update support cutoff

Post by MrSquealypig »

Are there any issues that still need to be fixed? I haven't come across any bugs myself.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Go to the bug reports and there are still alot. There are a few i still run into like mods unable to uninstall and the ai with the headlands are still a issue for both stock and mod maps.Fs15 had 187 open reports when support ended.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

ai is difficult to program for. some implements are find with ai, others are difficult. some planters work fine, some get whacky. in my experience, the problems ai has with equipment is dependent upon the programing of the equipment, no the ai worker. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

To get rid of the unable to get rid of Mods. Just delete the game and reinstall it. Your game save's are still in the system.
Yeah it's a pain to reinstall the DLC's and the Mods that you want again. It's great on saving space. I got 58% used space now. Lots of room now for new Mods.
PS4
PS5
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:36 am To get rid of the unable to get rid of Mods. Just delete the game and reinstall it. Your game save's are still in the system.
Yeah it's a pain to reinstall the DLC's and the Mods that you want again. It's great on saving space. I got 58% used space now. Lots of room now for new Mods.
Not too keen to do that a 3rd time,the mods take longer than the game and im around 65% so it not a huge deal atm.the maps are the worse had one of them that took a reinstall to free up 18% it took up.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 pm ai is difficult to program for. some implements are find with ai, others are difficult. some planters work fine, some get whacky. in my experience, the problems ai has with equipment is dependent upon the programing of the equipment, no the ai worker. chas
the problem really started with the ground response mod and hasn'tbeen right since but some modelers seemed to have figured out how to make it work fine. Field 12 on GCV is one that I've never been able to use a ai self propelled sprayer on it gets crazy and will stop short or even goes different direction or won't work at all.its been that way for awhile.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I have used tons of equipment and workers on tons of different maps and ground response has been activated since it's release on consoles.
Other than some big bud equipment sliding on some slopes, never had any issues with it. And that issue has been fixed.
I don't understand how people manage to get that much problems with ground response...
This is not a comment poiting any individual, this is a general comment because I've seen a lot of ground response complaints over the course of 2017.
Either people are too much nitpicking or there is something wrong with my PS4 and FS17 version that makes everything work great.
PS5 / FS22
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I had a ps4 and now a ps4 pro as well as a Xbox one I don't think I got 3 bad copies 1 physical 2 digital. All the same issue on GCV.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I think I know the issue you're talking about on field 12. I've run into it myself. It happens along the north edge of the field, usually with a sprayer. The trick to solving it is to not let the sprayer overlap the edge of the field to much. I'll often have the ai do a single pass along that edge first. I make sure to start them out without too much overlap (as little as possible). Then I stop them at the end of the pass and have them work the rest of the field starting on the south side. The problem also happens (much worse) on the southern field on Mustang Valley. The same trick works there as well.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1