Re: Another FS19 Video

Post by cr41g_1965 »

insert horse for donkey.....possible use for horses for FS19

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lostfarmer6474 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:41 pm I don't think most of players want horses " just to see them running around " and not to bring anything to game play.Plus they will take slots. and don' t forget animals must be located in different parts of map or you get lag. That's why all Giants maps have them in different locations. So if you got horses on main farm " just running around " then your cows will be who knows where on the map. I bet you most of players would like to have cows and pigs on main farm. That's why modded maps with animals located next to main farm are very popular.
Don't get me wrong if horses really bring something to game play that's great.More is better but not when new stuff creates handicaps for old game stuff.
Animals don't take slots, modded maps are based on real farms on real locations and real farms have animals next tobthem
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Are you sure about it? Why then don't we have exact amount of animals running on the map? What about lag? Show me one map made by Giants with all animals close by.Don't you think it is a reason for that?
" Modded maps are based on REAL locations ". Are you sure? Which one exactly for PS4 ? Are you reading map descriptions? May be one or two . And they are still not EXACT copy of real location.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It was answered just as fs18 just came out, more to do with the engine or something, I believe the PC has the same limit.

Here in the UK most farm animals are right next door to thier respective farms, dairy farms have cow fields right next to them always on grass fields or Meadows. Another thing is cost, you're not guna have a cow field 10 miles away from your farm, you got to think of transportation, hiring or using animal transporters. Not sure this employs to Corporation farms though.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

That's my point. Most players would like to have cows on main farm. But looks like you have to choose between horses and cows because engine limitations.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

But, we don't have any clue as to what is being reworked on the engine. Nobody knows how FS19 is going to run. We will just have to have faith that Giants is optimizing their engine to make these little problems a thing of the past.
PS4 Farmer
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

I highly doubt anyone here knows what most players want.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Easy to see which MOD maps are downloaded most.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

And? I have downloaded tons of maps I immediately deleted because I didn’t like them. If that is the only data point, it is meaningless. There are no public metrics for retention rates for any mods. It’s safe to assume GIANTS has some idea, but no you or me or anyone else here.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

TurboFarmer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 pm But, we don't have any clue as to what is being reworked on the engine. Nobody knows how FS19 is going to run. We will just have to have faith that Giants is optimizing their engine to make these little problems a thing of the past.
Nobody knows ,but if you had FS 11, 13 ,15, 17 you can guess easy.
2 console generations , bunch of graphic cards on PC side. But FS17 has most of FS 11 futures.
You got pigs , but chickens were downgraded. Not like I care about chickens. Animals spreaded all over a map. Same limited ammount of visible animals.
So I don't think you will see anything revolutionary on animal side.My PS4 is still same PS4 . AND FS19 will be sold for PS4.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:07 am And? I have downloaded tons of maps I immediately deleted because I didn’t like them. If that is the only data point, it is meaningless. There are no public metrics for retention rates for any mods. It’s safe to assume GIANTS has some idea, but no you or me or anyone else here.
And? How do you like to drive 10 min over map just to get to the cows?And then another 10 min to get to pigs?
You can see treads on this forum and figure out most popular maps. And if Giants will ask us to vote on animal locations spreaded or next to main farm what do you think answer will be? Come on , man.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

I like the way Oregon Springs does the animal farms so......come on, man.

Once again, we all can make guesses and make sweeping statements, but none of us have any data to back up the talk. Hence talk is cheap.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

It's all personal preference. Personally I like them a little more spread out, that way I can enjoy more of the map. Plus it's generally closer to the animal sales then the main farm is. It also helps with performance a little bit, as I don't have all of my equipment in one place. Personally this isn't a huge issue as I get maybe 1 or 2 FPS lower, but on lower end systems it may be a problem
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
uofmtigertim

Post by uofmtigertim »

I am just guessing but I think John Deere has come on board.

I mean look at the colors of the FARMCON 18 banner!
rwilltexas

Post by rwilltexas »

I hope so. Love those John Deere tractors !!!