Fastest way to do silage on console single player

BenGerlach

Fastest way to do silage on console single player

Post by BenGerlach »

I would like to find a better way to do silage rather than switching trailers out. I was maybe thinking an it runner setup with the BSM 850 hooklift. Just wondering what you guys do single player
if you don't know what Spotted Cow is, you haven't had a good beer.
markare

Re: Fastest way to do silage on console single player

Post by markare »

Wrapped square bales straight into the digester. Rather than collecting the grass dumping it in the bunker then trying to level it out.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The fastest way is wrapped bales. But if you're on console like me, you hit the 200 limit pretty quick.

Here's what I do for silage: Hook a high-tip trailer from the Platinum DLC to the forage harvester. When it's full, dump it in a tipper and send it back on it's way. Go unload the tipper and come back to the field. I like to put my corn or grass fields that will be made into silage near the bunker so I don't have a long distance to travel back and forth.

Pro tip: If the "dump" side of the high tip trailer is in the crop (with crop destruction on), drive the tipper beside the harvester until the AI gets to the end of the pass and turns around. Then, drive along beside it until the tipper and high-tip trailer are lined up. Switch to the harvester, fire the worker, dump, hire the worker, switch to the tractor/truck that's carting silage.

Pro-pro-tip: Reset your forage harvester and the carting vehicle so you can easily and quickly tab between them.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BenGerlach

Post by BenGerlach »

i do not have and dlc but you say there is a dump wagon? On the farm I work on, we use a Miller Pro 4012 Dump Wagon. We are the only people in the area with one. We have a Ford-New Holland 8560 running a Gehl 1285 Chopper. A Ford-New Holland 8360 running a Meyer wagon if we are putting it in our bunkers. We have a Case 4690 with a 16ft Degelman silage blade that moves and packs the silage in the bunker. If we are bagging, the 8360 runs an Ag-Bagger. When we are bagging, we have an International 766 (1302nd made in 1976 so its a true black stripe tractor with 9940 hours without a rebuild not even T/A) that runs the wagon. Everyone else either uses two wagons that they switch out or just run trucks. I think the dump wagon would be great.
if you don't know what Spotted Cow is, you haven't had a good beer.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Get a tractor and use a front cultivator, use that as an ai worker and you do the running, so you are constantly harvesting
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

They shouldn't have a high tip dumper in a DLC. Its a core piece of silage harvesting unless your running large crews. Multiplayer on this game is only a very small portion of the player base. This is why I ignore corn silage and just stick to hay. Specialized equipment for just corn isnt worth it at its current productivity. Hopefully FS19 addresses this.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Not a silage high tip, its a sugar cane high tip trailer
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
crash

Post by crash »

fastest on console is the big krone mover and the biggest pickup wagon, still have to dump it in the digester. Bales is more time consuming and needs a lot of steps before the bale can be sold. cut, bale, wrap, collect and transport. My best time saver is using the round bale wrapper and collecter, then stacking the bales on a it runner bale trailer on the ground with the bale collector. that way you get a really tall transport but you move 24 bales a time. On pc, its the stationary goweil packer that is the easyest. if you dont use Seasons, you can just Place it in the sell ppoint and dump grass in the goweil and it will be sold as silage as soon as it exits the wrapper..

Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

My method is certainly not fast just thought I'd share. I run a Massey 3090 with a Massey pull behind forage harvester and pull a Herron Silage trailer behind the harvester. Like I said it's not fast but it's but it's effective and cheaper than running a self propelled harvester
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

I find the fastest and easiest way to make silage is with a silage mod..just dump grass into it an in hours it is full if silage..and than take to a mixer station and with straw and grass make your TMR with no fuss measuring anything into a mixer..
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

On my milk farm of 1300 cows:

I use the Krone Big X 1100 mower, pulling a BSM 3 axle-dolly, pulling BSM 70k tipper.
I have a 850 that supports the Krone by bringing empty dolly/tipper combos when full.
While the Krone mows, the 850 carts the grass back to the bunker.

-=-=-

The bunker is open on both sides, so i set cruise control to 4 MPH and unload as i drive through.
You can do this for the first dozen loads or so. All the axles will compress the silage as you go.
Once the pile is too steep for the semi to pull it, you will have to disconnect the trailer and back it in.

-=-=-

Once the bunker is full, finish restacking/compressing it.
I use the JCB 435s with silage fork. The articulation will help you get unstuck/climb.
To compress quicker: tractor with dual tires (not narrow) and HEAVY weigh at each end.

TO UNLOAD BUNKER:
Park empty trailers on either side of bunker.
Use Biobeltz snowblower to load trailers with silage.

transport to BDBSSM's forage silo
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Hwyroller

Post by Hwyroller »

Krone Big X chopper with the biggest sugarcane high tip trailer to dump into the bsm 70,000 semi trailer. Finish off the semi trailer before going to the bunker and repeat the process.
PS5