Seasons Mod:Soil Composition Confusion

SteveValek

Seasons Mod:Soil Composition Confusion

Post by SteveValek »

Hi,I'm new here,and not sure whether this belongs here,but here goes....

On Xbox One,and on Chellington with Seasons mod...

In the beginning,there's the "Soil Composition"page,telling me that all fields need ploughing..(all RED)
Yet,at Field One,it's ploughed ! So not sure what's happening?
Tried to plough it again,from an opposite direction,and there's slight brown marks from where I've ploughed,but I've just covered a quarter of the field,so surely a quarter of the field on the map,would show brown ?!?
Also,on the other map page,it's saying this field is ploughed..

Can anyone explain or have a solution plz?
Last edited by SteveValek on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerJimbob

Re: Soil Composition Confusion

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Welcome to the forum. The seasons mod resets all fields to a starting state when you begin a new game, depending on what the state of that field would have been for that map anyway (set by the map maker) I’m guessing there may be a conflict created in what you can see and what shows on the map. My solution would be turn periodic plowing off until you turn the fields over one time or just accept the 10% hit in yield for the first harvest. As far as I know Chellington is not set up for seasons - it should be playable ok but you will encounter some oddities like snow in buildings and bales rotting despite being in cover.

If you put a ‘seasons’ tag in the thread title you will likely get a response from one of the seasons mod developers who will shed better light on this than me.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Do bails rot when the map is not season ready? Grass does, but I though the others didn’t.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 pm Welcome to the forum. The seasons mod resets all fields to a starting state when you begin a new game, depending on what the state of that field would have been for that map anyway (set by the map maker) I’m guessing there may be a conflict created in what you can see and what shows on the map. My solution would be turn periodic plowing off until you turn the fields over one time or just accept the 10% hit in yield for the first harvest. As far as I know Chellington is not set up for seasons - it should be playable ok but you will encounter some oddities like snow in buildings and bales rotting despite being in cover.

If you put a ‘seasons’ tag in the thread title you will likely get a response from one of the seasons mod developers who will shed better light on this than me.
Thanks for replying...

It snowed on the first day(early Spring), but as I'm from the UK anyway,it's not that unusual !! Lol
Makes sense in what you're saying,and just wondering...

I know to put" seasons mod"on a map,you have to start a new game/save,so will I have to restart again,to take it off?
It's my second attempt,and I've not done much,so a restart wouldn't hurt...
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Nigelbilt wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm Do bails rot when the map is not season ready? Grass does, but I though the others didn’t.
No, you're right I misremembered the statement from the manual:

"Hay and straw bales exposed to rain will start to rot so keep them inside sheds. These bales will only rot if the map has been prepared with a so called Seasons mask."

OP - it is recommended that you start a new save when adding or removing seasons mod but not imperative. Not sure what problems you may encounter if you continue with that save game after removing seasons.
SteveValek

Re: Seasons Mod:Soil Composition Confusion

Post by SteveValek »

New savegame,without seasons,and "Soil Composition" is still contradictory..
I'm sticking with this save now,and I'm sure there's someone out there that can explain what this menu is all about..
Is it just this particular mod map?
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

SteveValek wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 pm Hi,I'm new here,and not sure whether this belongs here,but here goes....

On Xbox One,and on Chellington with Seasons mod...

In the beginning,there's the "Soil Composition"page,telling me that all fields need ploughing..(all RED)
Yet,at Field One,it's ploughed ! So not sure what's happening?
Tried to plough it again,from an opposite direction,and there's slight brown marks from where I've ploughed,but I've just covered a quarter of the field,so surely a quarter of the field on the map,would show brown ?!?
Also,on the other map page,it's saying this field is ploughed..

Can anyone explain or have a solution plz?
I am not sure what is happening on your X Box, but on my PS4, Ps4 Plus, & PC when I start a new save game all fields except the ones I own have crops on them. All fields including my fields need plowing as well. I am currently downloading Chellington to see if I can replicate your problem on PS4.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Not with seasons. No field has crops
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Nigelbilt wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm Not with seasons. No field has crops
:shock: :shock:

You are right. To the OP, have you checked what crop was in the fields that look like they have been plowed? In all the maps I have checked since Nigelbilt caught my sleepy mistake I have noticed that al the fields that look plowed were either Sugar Beets or Potatoes. It looks like Chellington might be an exception.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

In Chellington,fields 1 and (I'm pretty sure) 11,are visibly ploughed ..and this is right from the start,without Seasons mod!

When you start,jump in a vehicle and do a left from the farm and left at the junction until you get to Field 1
Then press START or whatever button,to get your map menu,and go to the "Soil Composition"menu..
ALL fields are RED,which states "Needs Ploughing"...and even field 6,which needs harvesting.
Go to the other sub maps,and you see it doesn't add up..
Either a field is ploughed or it isn't,and the 3 crop rule before ploughing,doesn't really apply,when you've just started a game..

There's this from REDDIT...so I'm not alone here

/commenhttps://www.reddit.com/r/farmingsimulatorts/594 ... mment_list
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

If I remember correctly on Chellington some fields are already ploughed but if you look the texture is different than if you ploughed it yourself. I ran a cultivator over it first then ploughed it and that returned it to the same state as other fields I ploughed. Try it, hope it helps.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

Fade2black wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:29 pm If I remember correctly on Chellington some fields are already ploughed but if you look the texture is different than if you ploughed it yourself. I ran a cultivator over it first then ploughed it and that returned it to the same state as other fields I ploughed. Try it, hope it helps.
Thanks..I'll try that
Drmattymd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 pm Those fields have a plowed texture but were not given a plowed status. It may be something that the creator overlooked. Most maps start out with the fields needing to be plowed
Interesting..Thanks for the info