What is your favorite map and why?

Turbojugend

Re: What is your favorite map and why?

Post by Turbojugend »

Lone Oak will be my favorite map when it drops, of that I have zero doubt. Westbridge is my current favorite thus far, the fields are well designed but it's the trailer park and abandoned drive-in that really seal the deal. I just wish there was the occasional stop sign and actual gas stations instead of those weird looking pumps everywhere.

Apart from that, oddly enough I keep coming back to Goldcrest Valley. I guess it just has a familiarity to it that I find super-comfortable.
heyimbill.com
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I still love Westbridge and also Sosnovka. Those two I always keep coming back to.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

My favorites are Goldcrest Valley and Estancia Lapacho.
Goldcrest because it was my "first", I feel very at home here.
Estancia Lapacho meets all my criteria. Its probably my overall favorite.

I'm still waiting for a "Blank Slate" type farm.
Somewhere I can feel like I've created a farm instead of moved into one.

===(This spoiler is things that I don't like about a map)===
Too much storage ruins a map. I like to build my own. I dislike empty buildings.
Mustang Valley Ranch has TONS of storage. 90% of it is empty. And ugly.
If I could delete it, that would be great. If I could repair it, ok maybe.

I have MODS for seed/fertilizer refills. I like to place them where the "flow" feels right.
Sometimes, they are all off-site. I have to leave the farm to buy supplies.
It kinda ruins it when the map includes this. Especially if they are placed in weird locations.

I like collecting fuel in a trailer and refilling equipment from that.
There are various trailer options. My trailer gets bigger as the operation gets bigger.
At the end of the day, refill the trailer. Now I know how much ALL my equipment burned today.
It kinda ruins it when there is a fuel station in the yard.

I like merging and expanding fields. The ability to remove shrubs/brush is critical.
Nothing ruins an expansion like a bush that wont go away.
Maps with fences also ruin this, since you cannot remove the fence.
I have mods for fences, when I want to build them.

I also like to role play my character.
With exception of GCV, I don't live on the farm. I commute.
I will pick a smallish house somewhere on the map and claim it as mine.
On Estancia Lapacho, I lived in the house next to chicken coop. Only map I ever collected eggs daily.

Lastly, the AI should be able to work a field that has been prepped.
By prepped I mean:
You run the tool around the borders of the field. (Set parameters)
You straighten the oddball corners/edges. (Error trapping)
The AI should be able to "fill in" the remainder.
Some maps have invisible collisions that will make the AI turn around excessively.

===(This spoiler is maps I play and HOW I play them)===
Goldcrest Valley#1 (722:13hrs) ~ My first playthru. 100% legit. All fields owned/worked. I grow every crop except sugarcane. No animals. I planted field 20 with trees and nearly ruined my game. I've got 85 hours clearing those trees, 60% complete.
Tractors: NH T7(x3), NH T6(x2), NH 8340, Holmer Terra Variant, JCB 315T
Trucks: MAN 18.480, MAN AgroTruck, 850
Harvesters: NH CR10.90(x2), Holmer Terra Dos T4-40, Grimme Tectron 415, Scorpion King

Goldcrest Valley#2 (91:10hrs) ~ Seasons @ Normal, (3day x120). 100% legit. Own fields: 12,14-15,19, 23-24. Grow wheat, canola, soybeans. Beehouse (x25), Solar (x15). Collected 99/100 nuggets, I want to survive without the $, but had a LOT of freetime. My other Seasons playthru requires a LOT of logging to stay afloat, my other GCV is mainly JUST logging, this map I'm NOT logging. 250 game days so far.
Tractors: Valtra T(x2)
Trucks: Lizard TT
Harvesters: none

Estancia Lapacho#1 (347:20hrs) ~ 100% Legit. Own fields:1-19, 23. I grow every crop except potatoes. 200 cows. Roleplay house is next to chicken coop. Lots of field expansion/merging. Built my own dirt roads everywhere. I LOVE my tool storage area.
Tractors: Valtra N(x2), Valtra S(x2), JCB 435s, Holmer Terra Variant
Trucks: MAN 18.480, Lizard TT, Tatra ITR
Harvesters: NH CR10.90(x2), Holmer Terra Dos T4-40, CASE A8800

Estancia Lapcho#2 (43:48hrs) ~ Cheated in 10million. Own fields: 1-8, 14. Grow wheat, barley, canola, soybeans, sugarcane. 97 sheep, 82 pigs, 60 cows. Roleplay house @ 770,1020. This is my testmap for new tools, hence the cheat. It also became my "little tractor" map. The AI drives my small tractors, I drive the "big" one.
Tractors: MF 135 4wd(x2), MF 240(x2), MF 699
Trucks: Lizard Twinstar
Harvesters: Bizon Super

American Outback (276:06hrs) ~ Cheated in 20 of each animal. Own fields: 1-9, 19-20. 2002 cows, 1 pig, 1 sheep. Roleplay house @1676,1035. I started this map to learn how animals work. I got carried away with cows, lol. This map has lots of storage, I bought things I don't need just to fill the space.
Tractors: NH 8340, NH T7, CASE Optum, JCB 435s
Trucks: Lizard Twinstar, Lizard TT, 850, 950
Harvesters: CR10.90, Krone Big X 1100

Sosnovka (45:40hrs) ~ First HARD playthru. 100% legit. Own fields: 14-15,19-20. Grow soybeans only. No roleplay house, I've been logging at night.
Tractors: MF 600c
Trucks: none
Harvesters: none

The Valley the Old Farm (148:35hrs) ~ Seasons @ Normal (6day @ x30). 100% legit. Own fields: 2, 6, 25-26, 52, 63, 91-93. 2 sheep, 2 cows. Most of my money has come from logging the area West of 52.
Tractors: Valtra N
Trucks: none
Harvesters: Scorpion King, MF 27

Mustang Valley Ranch ~ 100% legit. Own all fields. I've finally got the $ to industrialize my operation. *BIG GRIN* Anyone who has played this map has had the invisible collision at SW edge of field 5. I hate the ugly airplane hangers on this map. I like the big fields, but wish the layout was more creative.
Tractors: Big Bud 747(x2), Holmer Terra Variant
Trucks: MAN AgroTruck, Oshkosh (about to delete this MOD, will replace with 850)
Harvesters: NH CR10.90(x4)
That was probably too much of an answer. lol
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Nigelbilt wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:24 pmDrumard is a fantastic map.
+1 *thumbsup* It is indeed. I don't know how many times I've restarted that map. Everytime with a different strategy.
PS5 / FS22
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

For fs17 Oakfield for sure, with an honourable mention to CPF. Just the level of detail, even on my rig, coupled with the awesome layout, solid framerate and just the 'feel' of the landscape.

Though across the franchise, Hagensted. First map I played in the first of the games I played and I have such fond memories. I new that map like the back of my hand, though I haven't tried the fs17 version.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I liked Drumard but it was a bit low on detail to me but I think that was the map I played on the longest. Most Saturdays my routine is :
Wakeup : 6 o'clock in the morning and game until around 12 , 11 midday so I rack in a lot, though I do play other games.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

My favorites are Sosnovka, Westbridge hills, The West Coast, TVTOF. Here is why.
Sosnovka has that Russian village look with old Russian cars going around. Only shame those drunk Russian villagers are going 18 miles/hr around map. Probably police officer is hiding somewhere in the bush.
Westbridge hills one of the best maps Giants created. Gravel roads are not American thing but huge fields and elevation across a map are done right.
The West Coast you guys can guess. Looking great , looking alive.
TVTOF probably is my favorite now. Farm and animal areas lay offs , forest roads ,city lay off,land elevation . Great map.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

At the moment my two favorites are The West Coast and Lawfolds.
There are still a lot of maps I haven't tried though
Playing on PS4
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Lots of Sosnovka love in this thread. It's my favorite map by Giants, probably because it's diverse. Big fields in the SW, fields surrounded by the village in the NW, some hills to deal with in the middle areas, or you can be near the rail yards in the SE corner. I also dig the general atmosphere and I like how great it looks when the sun is low, morning or evening.

I can't pick a fav from the modded maps. I've only put some serious time into three and they all had something to enjoy.
Farming on PS5
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Sandy bay is my all time favourite. Love the look of it and nearly every field has an ai friendly side where you can set them off straight.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Westbridge hills. I used to the layout from FS 15 and the mods opens up new possibilities. Its also what I think a U.S. farm should be.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

BTW Green River would be lots better if there was less fences specially around the sawmill.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Westbridge hills because it feels most like an American farm and the ability to hire workers if you wanna have multiple tractors running gold crest was good because it had fields for anyone sosnovka was too but I didn’t spend much time on it cause I started it on 15 but then 17 came out I miss bjornholm because it was my first map sad it’s not on mod hub I’m playing hagenstedt right now cause I haven’t played it before and I knew it was 13s main map so I wanted to try it out I love thought that with mod hub there’s maps for anyone and how you want to play thinking about playing Oregon springs once I’m done with hagenstedt maybe
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Forgot to give props to estancia lapacho it was a great maps by giants just wish it had more sell points I only every sold to the railway sell point with one exception so it could still be improved but was a great map nonetheless the idea introduced of having a new color for the ground was nice maybe we’ll see more diverse ground colors in 19
anakai

Post by anakai »

Mine is DolnośląskaWieś. Small old farm farm starting with 4 fields well placed around the farm. Some nice nature and a lot of grass fields that you can easily plow. All fields looks like you can bombine.

I also play old stream and the valley, but DolnośląskaWieś got me really hooked..