Seasons mod on westbridge hills?

gilroy222

Seasons mod on westbridge hills?

Post by gilroy222 »

Has this map been optimized for snow and seasons? I read somewhere that all giants maps have been.
Nigelbilt

Re: Seasons mod on westbridge hills?

Post by Nigelbilt »

Kinda, it is missing some snow masks. Mid Town USA is and that is just Westbridge on steriods
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

gilroy222 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:32 pm Has this map been optimized for snow and seasons? I read somewhere that all giants maps have been.
I don't believe so. I have been playing seasons on Westbridge for many (real life) months. It works fine and it snows, but bales do not rot and you do get snow in buildings just as with any map that doesn't have a snow mask. I just checked on modhub and it does not appear that the map there has been updated so I'm inferring that means the one currently available is the same as the one I am using which is not optimized for seasons.

As mentioned, I believe Midtown USA is optimized for seasons and it is based directly on and similar in many ways to Westbridge.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

DirectCedar wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:32 pm Has this map been optimized for snow and seasons? I read somewhere that all giants maps have been.
I don't believe so. I have been playing seasons on Westbridge for many (real life) months. It works fine and it snows, but bales do not rot and you do get snow in buildings just as with any map that doesn't have a snow mask. I just checked on modhub and it does not appear that the map there has been updated so I'm inferring that means the one currently available is the same as the one I am using which is not optimized for seasons.

As mentioned, I believe Midtown USA is optimized for seasons and it is based directly on and similar in many ways to Westbridge.
I'm playing on console so I don't think I can get Midtown
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Ah didn’t know that. I still highly recommend Westbridge if you are looking for a “big wide open” style map. Like I said it works fine with seasons as long as you aren’t bothered by some snow in your shed once in a while and the bales not rotting :biggrin2: