fertilizing

blackiecat

fertilizing

Post by blackiecat »

I know you have to fertilize the fields 3 times to get the best return but do you have to wait between each fertilization how many days does it tell you any where when to do the second and third pass
hoop17

Re: fertilizing

Post by hoop17 »

You can fertilize a field once per growth cycle.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

You can fertilise after harvesting I think and then after each change of state (plow,cultivate,sow) and each growth stage. The soil will be a lighter brown when it is possible to fertilise again. I find the earlier the better so the soil isn't obscured by the crop - fertilising in the last couple of growth phases is a nightmare. How long the growth stages take depends what speed you have crop growth set to and when the game transitions the growth stage. If you are playing seasons then it will take 1 season transition for each growth stage.

An easy way to check whether the field is ready for another fertilisation if you can't tell by the darkness of the soil is to set a worker to do the fertilising - if they immediately finish and it says they completed their task then no fertilisation is necessary at that stage.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Thanks for that bit clearer now, another thing I noticed when crops are ready to harvest there are three orange colours can you combine when its on any colour as the last time I waited till the last one and the season was nearly into winter I am on oakfield farm and seasons I had to adjust the weather as rain was forecast all week and I would have lost the crops
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

You can harvest as soon as it’s yellow,it’ll make no difference to the yield. Buy the wopsta tool it tells you how much growth has taken place and the fertilisation state
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

I've always wondered: How does fertlilization work with crop growth and crop destruction? I can clearly see that the field needs fertilizing, but then I drive over my crops and everything ends up looking smashed and ugly looking. Does this affect yield?
heyimbill.com
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 pm I've always wondered: How does fertlilization work with crop growth and crop destruction? I can clearly see that the field needs fertilizing, but then I drive over my crops and everything ends up looking smashed and ugly looking. Does this affect yield?
You need row crop tyres on if you are using crop destruction
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm
Turbojugend wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:58 pm I've always wondered: How does fertlilization work with crop growth and crop destruction? I can clearly see that the field needs fertilizing, but then I drive over my crops and everything ends up looking smashed and ugly looking. Does this affect yield?
You need row crop tyres on if you are using crop destruction
Okay, thanks. Does this apply to console, and are there only certain tractors with crop tires?
heyimbill.com
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

You can customise tractors at the workshop, can’t remember off hand but it’s under wheel set up (slim tyres I think) and yes some tractors cannot be customised this way. Yes this is on console too
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Once you buy the customization you can swap back and forth without paying again.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Yes but not on tvtof yet as the workshop is bugged (going to be patched in an update)
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Narrow tire
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Ahh, got it. Thanks for the help everyone.
heyimbill.com
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Turbojugend wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:54 pm Ahh, got it. Thanks for the help everyone.
If you are new to this game you should watch mr sealyp on you tube, you’ll pick up plenty of tips
Sergeant Larson

Post by Sergeant Larson »

Do I have to fertilize 3 times for max yield if I have it set to 1 in the pause settings? Logic tells me no, but i figured i better ask the pros. Also how do oil radishes affect me at that setting? Does anything change? :confusednew:
"What good is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
-Henry David Thoreau

XBONE
ILL6 Cooperative
Sosnovka Hard No Seasons 270 hrs
Bastogne, Montana
Lone Oak Farm Normal No Seasons