Enhanced Chicken Pack

BreadedVirus

Enhanced Chicken Pack

Post by BreadedVirus »

Can not for the life of me find where i add straw for the chickens in the new Enhanced Chicken Pack.

Any pointers truly appreciated.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
GtX

Re: Enhanced Chicken Pack

Post by GtX »

If you are using the (Open Chicken Pen) then the straw delivery area is at the rear of the coop. In the middle of the food and water triggers.

If you are using the (Fenced Chicken Pen) then the trigger is located in front of the straw bale.

Do not that straw bales can be used also but just like the other animal triggers they will only be accepted if the `Chickens` require the total volume of the bale you are delivering.

I hope this help and I also hope you enjoy the mods ;-)
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

Hello GtX, I was wondering if it would be possible to completely replace the default chicken husbandry on a map, and replace it with this one. You've made chickens what they should have been from the start, I mean, what kind of chickens magically live and lay eggs without feed and water?
Or is there any way to use the default chicken navmesh, but sort of combine it with this one? So you'd get the triggers to buy and sell chickens, as well as having the default coop that you could add more birds into? Or is that just crazy and not possible?
GtX

Post by GtX »

The scripts can be added directly to a map with no problems. The map maker can then added `Chickens` to the dealer and also add a delivery/pickup point at the Chicken Coop in the same way that this is done for other animals.

You will still require the standard Chicken Husbandry and Nave mesh but the `Enhanced Chicken Scripts` will now require the players to Feed and Water the chickens just as with the placeable.

By adding directly to a map this will then allow custom buildings and gate to be added to make the Chickens feel just like the other animals.

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

GtX wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:22 am If you are using the (Open Chicken Pen) then the straw delivery area is at the rear of the coop. In the middle of the food and water triggers.

If you are using the (Fenced Chicken Pen) then the trigger is located in front of the straw bale.

Do not that straw bales can be used also but just like the other animal triggers they will only be accepted if the `Chickens` require the total volume of the bale you are delivering.

I hope this help and I also hope you enjoy the mods ;-)
Thanks for the pointers and yes fantastic mod.

Thank you.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

GtX wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 pm The scripts can be added directly to a map with no problems.
I was going to make another thread but figured right here is as good of a place as any. I just wanted to say to GtX: thank you. The mods and scripts that you have brought to this game are absolutely incredible. From your AR pack, the Custom Road Trains, the BigM, the Storage Houses and now this.. amazing. Too often people get caught up in the negative and there isn't as much positive things. Well believe me, I use about 15 or so mods in my game plays and a good chunk of those are the ones that you put out. I know that when I download a GtX mod they will be of the highest quality.

Again just wanted to pass along my thanks. I know there are many others out there as well who will echo my statements. I can 100% say that FS would be a different game without your contributions. I hope FS19 makes it easier to convert mods and scripts, because I'd love to use your stuff in FS19 as well.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

Thanks for the answer GtX. Also, as wiseguy49 also said, thanks for your awesome mods. They make the game far better, this one being absolutely spectacular.
Finally I can have some realistic chickens in the maps I play.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Thank you very much wiseguy49 & Farmer_S :this: Your words a very much appreciated.

What you have said is so true though. Sadly there is always a large number of people in this world that only like to focus on the negatives and rarely the positive things in life.
Rarely does someone tap you on the shoulder and say `Hey you did a great job` but there is no hesitation in them telling you when a mistake or human error is made.

When it comes to modding most people like myself do this as a hobby in our very limited free time and it brings me great joy to see other members of the community enjoy my work and this my friend out ways all of the hate and nasty comments, from what I like to think is a small minority of people with a big voice.

Myself and all members of LS-Modcompany (As well as most other modders I am sure) do pride ourselves in trying to produce mods and scripts that all players will enjoy.
Mostly this will be error free but rest assured if issues or errors are found and reported we will always try and fix them as fast as our time will allow.

Again thank you for the flattering comments you have truly made my day :hi:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

Not a problem Gtx, it's the least we users can do.
I have one more question:
For the feeding troughs, do the chickens interact with them at all? The reason I ask is because I'm editing a map to add this mod in, and I know the rest of the animals interact with the troughs, so if the navmesh doesn't go right up close to the trough, the animals freeze in one spot when they try to get to the trough to continue their feeding animation. I'd rather not have to re-do the navmesh, so if the chickens don't interact with the trough, then I should be alright.
RocketRick

Post by RocketRick »

For the life of me I cannot locate where the "basket" is and where the eggs are. I've got it turned on to lay in the basket and it shows I have 63 eggs in coop/basket but I can see nothing. I thought they were in the bucket just inside the coop, but I guess not. Any ideas? Thanx!

-Rick
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I watched Eustace Pharmer's mod review on this one.
Just brilliant *thumbsup* :hi:
This is what chickens should have been in the first place.
I wonder why did Giants take a step back on that one.
PS5 / FS22
stickanw

Post by stickanw »

I love this mod and put it in every map I use. As RODHA say this is what Giants should have done but failed to do in this very god game. One thing i noticed is that the reproduction time is to slow. For every chicken breeded I got two pigs. I think it should be at least the other way, two birds for one bit of pork.