I honestly hope we do not see deform-able ground in FS19

fcdrifter13

I honestly hope we do not see deform-able ground in FS19

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I know that the title sounds harsh, but I am serious when i say it. I do not believe that the tech is at the point yet where it could be done well enough without looking like and playing like garbage. This is nothing against giants or anything like that, but after playing so many games that have tried it and failed I hope they do not follow suit because of the pressure to do so. Most of the games that use this use voxel deformation and when done right it can look good, such as space engineers before planets when the system would update the voxel mask every few ticks to see changes in the face of an object, hell you could actually sculpt in that game back then with a drill if you felt so inclined. The system worked great on a very very very strong rig with single core performance, but after trying to optimize it for everyone it was just too much to factor in fast ticks and it was scaled back to updating less and less and the voxel areas were reworked to larger "blocks" and it just doesnt look good. Then we look at games like farmers dynasty and it just does not look good from the word go, it breaks my immersion for that game so bad its frustrating.

If giants can make it work and feel correctly i will greet it with open arms, but i think at the current point in time the tech is not there to support it in a way that any of us would find appealing or playable.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Gimli54

Re: I honestly hope we do not see deform-able ground in FS19

Post by Gimli54 »

This is an opinion so I’m throwing that out now but I’m kinda the same way I want the game to get better done get me wrong and if it’s a positive improvement I’ll take it but I’d rather giants find ways to make the workers better and add more crops and things of that nature before graphics gets overhauled but that being said I trust giants and if they do a good job (and they usually do) I’ll play fs no matter what
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I really hope we do but yes if it's not done very well it will ruin that aspect of the game. It would be amazing to be able to dig holes, level ground out etc. I bought gold rush the game, played it for about 5 mins as the ground deformation was laughable.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Done well it would open the game into whole another genre. The operating equipment part of this game is amazing. We're only constrained by engine limitations at the moment.
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

Corstaad wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:30 pm Done well it would open the game into whole another genre. The operating equipment part of this game is amazing. We're only constrained by engine limitations at the moment.
well then it is a good thing that giants has said that the engine has been given a major overhaul and that there will be a major improvement of the grafficx ( i know i spelled that wrong ) as a ressault of the overhaul
playing on pc
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Agree with the OP. Switching to deformable ground, if well done, would heavily reduce the number of people who could play the game. It would require a high end machine, and not everyone can justify the cost of a high end machine for gaming. One of Farming Simulators strengths has always been that it could be played on a wide variety of machines.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Will giants play it safe or go big or go home
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

I hope the ground IS more realistic in fs19, I've always thought that a tractor being able to fly through a field was too unrealistic, especially after it rains and the ground moisture is high, I love very realistic games but everyone has their own idea of how realistic a game should be.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Exactly, I just want more realism
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
markare

Post by markare »

This is where they could put a selection into the main start menu. Simulation mode or realistic mode. Simulation mode would leave it as is that defies all laws of physics etc realistic mode would be able to offer ground deformation etc. Best of both worlds caters to everyone.

Or have it in the options like you do with growth speed etc to be able to turn it on and off in game.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
BenGerlach

Post by BenGerlach »

well, if deformable ground is included, we would at least need an excavator and hopefully an american straight dump truck. a pull type grader that contains a hopper would be great too
if you don't know what Spotted Cow is, you haven't had a good beer.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Just because it's deformable doesn't mean you could dig it or level ground. And honestly if it don't have more realisum like deformable ground I probably won't buy fs19.
Last edited by Peter Griffin on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX/ FS22
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

This is one of the biggest fears I have had since the first FS19 teaser was launched, will the new graphics engine be like C.& C. or farmers dynasty, where everything looks like a Toy Town, with tractors looking like plastic toys and fields that look like massive beds with quilts thrown over them, It would devastate me if that happened to FS19.
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!...........DON'T CHUCK OUT THE BABY WITH THE BATH WATER!............If the technology is not there yet please don't do it...
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

If they do it right I know it would be one of the biggest things to be introduced to farm sim and to be able to actually move the dirt for example if they introduce rice us rice farmers LOVE precision leveling fields cause it makes everything easier when dealing with rice so being able to use dirt pans and stuff like that would be cool but I would be ok if when you got your field precision leveled you had to let the computer do it and you just had to wait so long before you field was ready
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Gimli54 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 pm If they do it right I know it would be one of the biggest things to be introduced to farm sim and to be able to actually move the dirt for example if they introduce rice us rice farmers LOVE precision leveling fields cause it makes everything easier when dealing with rice so being able to use dirt pans and stuff like that would be cool but I would be ok if when you got your field precision leveled you had to let the computer do it and you just had to wait so long before you field was ready
That's the rub, no one has got it right yet, with the exception of Spin Tyers, everyone else has failed miserably.