Oakfield - strange barrier

AP_Oddity7

Oakfield - strange barrier

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

There is a north - south road that runs alongside the west side of field 13 leading to a T junction. Driving from the south, I can't get to the T junction - there seems to be some hidden barrier.

Is this just me? (I'm using the console version)
Harada

Re: Oakfield - strange barrier

Post by Harada »

AP_Oddity7 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 am There is a north - south road that runs alongside the west side of field 13 leading to a T junction. Driving from the south, I can't get to the T junction - there seems to be some hidden barrier.

Is this just me? (I'm using the console version)
Same problem. (XBox One)
XBox Series S
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

It’s not a bug; it’s the edge of the map. (And it is the same way on PC.)
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

Edge of the map? Wow - so the map juts out into the road and stops it being usable south of the junction. Pity I didn't know that before I was forced into the hedge with my first crop harvest!
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Yeah, there is a similar situation at one of the other corners; I felt like an *$#%§* when I finally figured out why I couldn’t get the tractor to make the turn. It’s basically a side-effect of the “seemless” approach to blending the accessible map parts with the “outside world”. It looks good (IMHO) but does require some attention and planning when working the fields on the perimeter.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

You're fine once you get your bearings and know where the edge of map is. I much prefer this way of doing it than the wall of trees approach every other map has.

Best thing to do is go out in a car or tractor and go on a tour of the map before your start out so you know whats what. The lay out of the map is really quite simple, as far as the roads go.
AP_Oddity7

Post by AP_Oddity7 »

Mobias wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 am You're fine once you get your bearings and know where the edge of map is. I much prefer this way of doing it than the wall of trees approach every other map has.

Best thing to do is go out in a car or tractor and go on a tour of the map before your start out so you know whats what. The lay out of the map is really quite simple, as far as the roads go.
I've never had to drive down every road to see which ones are blocked by the encroaching map edge before.
I would prefer the edge to be away from the road, however it's done, and wherever it is. That said, I know now and I won't make the same mistake there again.

First impressions are that this map is indeed just as gorgeous as all the hype promised, so I'll persevere and get on with the farming.
MrFendt87

Post by MrFendt87 »

I read the p.c topic about OAKFIELD in general, this issue was raised about an invisible wall so as I am on xb1 I was aware of the walls, there is another one if you don't know by the windmill, found that when hunting gold nuggets, this is my favourite map so far, I prefer the invisible walls as the map seems to go on forever.
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

AP_Oddity7 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm

I've never had to drive down every road to see which ones are blocked by the encroaching map edge before.
Top tip for Oakfield - Until you get used to the layout start off playing with the mini map open in the bottom of the screen then you'll know exactly when you're approaching the edge of the map.

Like I said before the map itself is actually quite a simple design. Its not like other maps including the West Coast where you feel like its quite easy to get lost in a complex network of small country roads.