Pickup mod on pc

Dusty1424

Pickup mod on pc

Post by Dusty1424 »

I have a problem with the lizard pick-up mod which is in the beta section of the pc modhub , the one which gives you the choice of standard , flatbed or forestry , went with the flatbed because I wanted to use the fuel tank which fits on the back , the problem is that I can't fill the tank , I pull up at the gas station the icons appear ,it tells me that I have to fill the tank when I click on it it's the pickup which refuels , I feel like I'm the one doing something wrong because all the other functions work , bales and pallets load ok , suggestions please
Guil

Re: Pickup mod on pc

Post by Guil »

Press g to select the tank on the back and try again.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Thanks will try and let you know
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Still won't fill even when selected , I'll try and ping the modder ,thanks Guil
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's hardly a different key to fill the tank? I'll try download it later and see if I can figure it out.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Thanks , that's above and beyond *thumbsup*
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

I have run into the same problem with fuel. Been using the tank just fine for water and milk but I have a tractor and combine that are in need of refueling, and my farm's local fuel tank is empty, so though to use the tank to haul fuel from the gas station to my tractor and combine. The reason I didn't want to take the particular tractor is its a low tier tracked tractor with a top speed of 9mph.

Tried opening the cover on the tank to see if that made a differance and nothing.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

not to poke fun or anything, but you are pressing R and not I correct?
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
aklein

Post by aklein »

So I had the same issue a while back and communicate regularly with the modder who did these trucks. When I asked him about it he gave me an explanation around the fuel triggers in the game and how mods must register their own fuel trigger. It was a long and technical explanation which i can not give proper clarity in trying to repeat from memory but the short of it is this. Only a dedicated (fuel only) trailer can fill from a fuel pump trigger in game. This is why there are dedicated fuel trailers from the kotte pack or road train pack, etc. While other trailers in those packs may hold fuel they can not be filled from a pump but can only be filled via overloading from a fuel trailer or by pulling fuel out of a non fuel pump trigger (ie a production mod that makes fuel).

So the short of it is the small tank in the triple fuel trailer can not be filled from the pump since it can also hold other liquids.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Thanks for the update Farmer Klien appreciate the explanation, this is the best mod I have found for these trucks and really well made , the mod works great except for the fuel tank which is a real shame , won't stop me using it though *thumbsup*