Excues me but I need to rant about DLC's

Guitarman

Re: Excues me but I need to rant about DLC's

Post by Guitarman »

but that was a free dlc released in a similar manor as the giants mods are now. They seem to have moved away from that as the base equipment has grown bigger (that starting combine now is about twice the size of what you got in fs13). Take fs15s dlcs. as stock in fs17 we have the Holmer terra dos (with the terra variant on mod hub), more jcb equipment than the dlc (in the form of a tele loader) the new Holland forage harvester is in game, and the it runner and NH loaders are on modhub so we have everything (of the paid dlcs) regardless of when they were released.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Patrick73 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:32 pm You do have the option of not buying dlc. I’ve only bought the Kuhn dlc and that still hasn’t been fixed. Big bud not for me as I prefer small maps,didn’t fancy the Barbie playhouse dlc and Ropa is just a reskin of holmer
Then you maybe forgot to install the new update for that DLC..

The main game gets the normal patches.. The dlcs getting seperate patches.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

And who said that we need to buy FS19 straight away. I have got a ton more to do in this one. I recon about the time FS23-25 come's around.
PS4
PS5
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:26 am And who said that we need to buy FS19 straight away. I have got a ton more to do in this one. I recon about the time FS23-25 come's around.
People might not be wanting to buy FS19 straight away anyway if it has as many bugs as FS17 had at launch.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm Why on Earth do Giants release DLC's so late in the game? When the new FS19 comes out, which is only 8 months away, they then go and give all the DLC's away for free in the new game!!!!!
Why not update the DLC's to load in the new farm sim (FS19), That would give people far more incentive to buy the DLC's. At the moment most people are thinking why should I bother buying it as it will most likely be in the new version.

How many people remember buying the Holmer DLC's only to see it in FS17 for free a few months later. Then wonder why on Earth did I bother to buy it?
All Giants need to do is upgrade the DLC's to the next edition of FS##. That would both make DLC's far more worthwhile buying, and give Giant more revenue.
Because Pure Farming has the 13th as a release date. They want your mind here not there.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Bungle wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:10 pm Also, several people have posted saying that if Giants include Seasons and Ground Deformation in FS19 they won’t be buying it.
Do you mean if they do not include seasons and ground deformation? Because if seasons is not implemented in the base game (or a mod upon release) I will not be buying FS19.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I read several people hoping that it was going to be switchable - as it is now.
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Would it not be a good idea to have Seasons as a DLC? That would solve most problems and give the creator a bit of well-earned money for all their hard work.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They did and one of them works for giants now
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm Because if seasons is not implemented in the base game (or a mod upon release) I will not be buying FS19.
+1

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

eric21 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm They did and one of them works for giants now
They Did????? Was this for just xbox1 and ps4???? There is only a mod download for the PC.!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm
fenixguy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm Because if seasons is not implemented in the base game (or a mod upon release) I will not be buying FS19.
+1
Same here. I will buy it but not on release if there is no seasons, personally think it will be part of the release game...they’d be mad not to
eric21

Post by eric21 »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 pm
eric21 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm They did and one of them works for giants now
They Did????? Was this for just xbox1 and ps4???? There is only a mod download for the PC.!
The seasons mod won the mod competition and got prize money I believe and one the leading members works for giants. Seasons mod is on all platforms now
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Seasons would be perfect if the growth cycle wasn't locked.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

j_maybury wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm Why on Earth do Giants release DLC's so late in the game? When the new FS19 comes out, which is only 8 months away, they then go and give all the DLC's away for free in the new game!!!!!
Why not update the DLC's to load in the new farm sim (FS19), That would give people far more incentive to buy the DLC's. At the moment most people are thinking why should I bother buying it as it will most likely be in the new version.

How many people remember buying the Holmer DLC's only to see it in FS17 for free a few months later. Then wonder why on Earth did I bother to buy it?
All Giants need to do is upgrade the DLC's to the next edition of FS##. That would both make DLC's far more worthwhile buying, and give Giant more revenue.
I have a good answer for you and believe me it is very positive, you buy it right now because today is a game that you have in your hands and not thinking negatively about a game that does not physically exist yet I buy them because I want to play it today in real time that's why one horn comes out today a dlc or expansion let boy look ahead and play and enjoy today after playing the fs19 if you like and buy everything or nothing as you like but do not pollute people please respect your opinion but as the personal comment not for a war
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: