Ropa DLC what's everyone's thoughts

Farmer man

Ropa DLC what's everyone's thoughts

Post by Farmer man »

I'm looking forward to the NAWARO MAUS mainly
ace54858

Re: Ropa DLC what's everyone's thoughts

Post by ace54858 »

i am so waiting for it :) i seen it is on the mod hub on here and on xbox to buy it already but when ya hit to buy take's you to the xb1 store and it's not listed there yet lol
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Any new equipment in game is a bonus I might actually true potatoes because of the pull behind harvester and it not being the $400k investment the self propelled one is
markare

Post by markare »

I was able to get my hands on it at 1am UK time. And typically my internet decided to die. Now I can't touch the game because I can't use games with no Internet *shakes fist at xbox*. Got to wait until at least 6am for Internet to be sorted
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

markare wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:40 am I was able to get my hands on it at 1am UK time. And typically my internet decided to die. Now I can't touch the game because I can't use games with no Internet *shakes fist at xbox*. Got to wait until at least 6am for Internet to be sorted
lol bad timing i would say on the internet at least you got to download it it's still not on the store on the xb1 here but yet they have it listed on the xbox web site under season pass to buy it. i looked under mange game for fs 17 and it was there in ready to install yay
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I feel it was kind of meh honestly. No hate but I dont really see the added gameplay elements from them and we already had the tiger 6 and panther 2 by chrisu70 on the modhub and to me it doesnt feel like anything besides a gimmick was added with the maus. I mean its neat but its not something I was looking for in a DLC, especially when you have the 2 eco in vanilla. They also share what looks like a lot of the same assests.

TLDR: I think some people will love them, while i find it to be lack luster.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 am I feel it was kind of meh honestly. No hate but I dont really see the added gameplay elements from them and we already had the tiger 6 and panther 2 by chrisu70 on the modhub and to me it doesnt feel like anything besides a gimmick was added with the maus. I mean its neat but its not something I was looking for in a DLC, especially when you have the 2 eco in vanilla. They also share what looks like a lot of the same assests.

TLDR: I think some people will love them, while i find it to be lack luster.
The reason they share a lot of the same assets as the Holmer equipment is simply because the guy who started up Ropa used to work for Holmer. I guess why fix something which wasn't broken. I am looking forward to testing it later this evening after work. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Dieseltje78

Post by Dieseltje78 »

I have the season pass of FS17, then the DLCs are 'free'. So maybe I can not answer completely honestly about whether or not to take this dlc. but I think it's cool. the mod of Ropa is of course just a yellow Holmer. This is really different, really Ropa, you see the differences when you put them side by side. I am a real sugar beet and potato fan, so variety is welcome
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

The Nawaro Maus is a god send. The rest of the pack I could honestly take or leave given that we pretty much have the same equipment in the base game as Holmer/Grimme. It's nice to have an option, however...
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

It's yellow.... That's all
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

And I was just wondering who is going to say that :biggrin2:
No, it is not just yellow.
Every tire is round, does that make them identical? :mrgreen:
If you say that for the Fendt and MF combines, even for the new ideal combine, yes you are right.
They are just marvelous products of badge engineering.
But not Holmer and Ropa.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Can anyone confirm the potato harvester makes a different sound to the Grimme one?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

In the real world I'm sure there are key differences between Holmer and Ropa but in game if the key stats are identical or almost identical the new DLC equipment is just duplication of what we had and matters little to the simulator farmer. I really couldn't care less whether my beet harvester is red or yellow.

There possibly isn't anything in real life to put in the game for this but I'd have liked to see a potato harvester with a larger working width or capacity or a Terra Felis equivalent that could work with potatoes or smaller, cheaper harvesters to give an option between the trailed equipment and the Holmer harvesters.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Only had the time for a quick squint at it, but I will say it's good to have options and regardless of what some say, the Ropa gear is not identical to it's Holmer or Grimme equivalents, even if the differences are subtle.

That said I had looked forward to the Nawaro Maus more than the other content, but I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't handle the pellets from the Straw Harvest Add-on...nor will it handle additional fill types from mods, like oats, rye and what have you.

I think this is because of the way in which mods add fill type in a blanket fashion as bulk, but the Nawaro Maus is not set up for bulk as it would then handle beets, which would defeat the point of the other Maus...I think

It would be cool if someone handy with scripting could come up with a simple scrip to add straw & hay pellets plus other stuff like oat and rye to the Nawaro Maus as being a DLC we can't just tweek it's xml file.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm In the real world I'm sure there are key differences between Holmer and Ropa but in game if the key stats are identical or almost identical the new DLC equipment is just duplication of what we had and matters little to the simulator farmer. I really couldn't care less whether my beet harvester is red or yellow.

There possibly isn't anything in real life to put in the game for this but I'd have liked to see a potato harvester with a larger working width or capacity or a Terra Felis equivalent that could work with potatoes or smaller, cheaper harvesters to give an option between the trailed equipment and the Holmer harvesters.
Admittedly true. But after a couple thousand hours on the game even the yellow version of the red thing becomes a change. At least for me.
But I also think that this much change doesn't suffice the price tag of a DLC. I'm also with you on the potato harvester but I think Giants depend on the Grimme DLC for sorting out the potato issue. I hope those machines would be good enough to make me take on the potatoes.
PS5 / FS22