Ropa DLC what's everyone's thoughts

fenixguy

Re: Ropa DLC what's everyone's thoughts

Post by fenixguy »

Love the NAWARO MAUS. Seriously cool piece of equipment. Yeah, yeah, it's an overpriced conveyor belt but man will it look cool unloading a silage bunker!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

My thought is where the hello is it on PS4?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:53 pm My thought is where the hello is it on PS4?
The PS4 store in the USofA is always a bit behind. Should be there, soon(ish) Same for the Steam version.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thanks.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm Love the NAWARO MAUS. Seriously cool piece of equipment. Yeah, yeah, it's an overpriced conveyor belt but man will it look cool unloading a silage bunker!
It wont look cool unloading silage bunkers on GCV.Its too wide for them.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm There possibly isn't anything in real life to put in the game for this but I'd have liked to see a potato harvester with a larger working width or capacity or a Terra Felis equivalent that could work with potatoes or smaller, cheaper harvesters to give an option between the trailed equipment and the Holmer harvesters.
There are wider options that would be nice to have in the game:

6 row harverster - Airhead Potato Harvester

16 row harvester - 16 row Spudnik potato harverster video
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 pm It wont look cool unloading silage bunkers on GCV.Its too wide for them.
Thats a blow - most of the maps I play use GCV style BGAs. *thumbsdown*
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

That was the only one of the machines I was interested in from this pack. Glad I have the Season pass and didn't buy the DLC I'd be pi**. Still love the game.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

The maus isn't that great on the closed end bunkers either, counterweight and conveyor stick out to the side and hit the walls. I'm thinking of parking it on the end of a gcv bunker and pushing silage towards it. Hopefully I can try that out tonight
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Well shoot... that was literally the only thing that I would've used it for. I guess I'll have to make a big pile of woodchips to load or something.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

It probably would be better with a full bunker, the one I tried it out on was almost empty and I had to keep switching between the maus and tipper to keep everything lined up
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

gearhed502 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 pm The maus isn't that great on the closed end bunkers either, counterweight and conveyor stick out to the side and hit the walls.
Can't you swing the conveyor (and thus the counterweight as well) toward the back? I don't think it has to stick out the side.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

^ That's what I was thinking. Then you just park the trailer at the back of it and drive forward.

From the 5-10 mins just spent having a first play with the pack I'm really happy. The both the loaders are awesome, just the little things like being able to rotate the seat makes them better than the Holmer one in my view. And I can't wait for some huge silage sales with the Nawaro. I did find they seem to conflict with the better fuel usage mod (quite badly it was an LUA running error) just the loaders though. And if it's fixed then awesome, if not its not the end of the world.

As for the Tiger and the Keiler I'm really happy with them as well. Tiger is different enough from the Terra-dos to feel like a change, and in my books the more options we've got the better.

And I'm really excited that the Keiler doesn't need a topper before hand. Makes using a trailed harvester take half the time which is a godsend (considering its *slow* work).

Can't wait to use them properly. I'm in mid spring on oakfield currently (second year) but planted some beets in field 5 last night so should be harvesting them in a week or two.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
eric21

Post by eric21 »

U can use the topper as well as the trailed harvester and set it as an worker
gearhed502

Post by gearhed502 »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:11 pm
gearhed502 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 pm The maus isn't that great on the closed end bunkers either, counterweight and conveyor stick out to the side and hit the walls.
Can't you swing the conveyor (and thus the counterweight as well) toward the back? I don't think it has to stick out the side.
yeah, I'll probably end up doing it the way you described. I was hopeing that it would be able to fill a trailer from the side so I wouldn't have to move the trailer as much