GIANTS I can't say this enough...

TacoFarmer

GIANTS I can't say this enough...

Post by TacoFarmer »

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Guitarman

Re: GIANTS I can't say this enough...

Post by Guitarman »

I can't agree more. I may 'dabble' in other games (and sims), but I have never found any other game that makes me as happy as this.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Me too
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Me too,who would’ve thought stacking 3 trailer loads of straw could be relaxing and satisfying? But it is!
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Totally agree.
Bought the other game that came out today from steam. Played for an hour and refunded.
Nowhere near FS.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

I think it is great to have such a non-competitive game that we can discuss rather than compete over. It makes the whole experience so much happier! And Giants have done a wonderful job with how they have developed the game, and kept going. Hopefully more to come.
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I was a logger for many years, I play the logging part of the game, and it seems so close to the real thing. I feel like I'm really working, and I always loved working in the woods logging. The machines might be a little quirky though, but heck sometimes our logging equipment wasn't quite working right and we used it anyway.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Me too. Combined with FS13 and 15, I probably have close to 2000 hours total in all three games. I just can't stop playing it!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

ClassicTractors wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 am Me too. Combined with FS13 and 15, I probably have close to 2000 hours total in all three games. I just can't stop playing it!
Thanks for that. I don’t feel quite so bad about my 800+ hours between the three games, on both console and PC. *thumbsup*

(Fortunately, my young son likes “playing tractors with Daddy”, so I’m not ignoring him and my wife hasn’t used it as an excuse to divorce me. Yet.) :hmm:
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Giants has a great well rounded simulator I purchased pure farming simulator today and it became apparent very rapidly that fs was a much better, well rounded farming game i want giants to keep their edge in the farming simulator genre and not let the games that are beginning to enter the genre around then catch up
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I agree. I think Giants has balanced all the activities of real life farming perfectly in the game so that there is not one that you do too much.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

GIANTS rule as far as I'm concerned , nothing out there to touch FS , luv this game man *thumbsup*
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Played 4650 hours so far. My friends think I'm weird but they just dont get it :)
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

It's a good weird though , just like everyone else on here :biggrin2:
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Came expecting another "WAAAGH! GIANTS *censored* because they didn't tailor the game to my personal playstyle/preference" whine-post. Am happily disappointed!

All said and done, I think Giants has found a nice niche in the world of modern video games. I refer to FS as my "meditation" time to my wife. So much choice/diversity, you never really have to do the same thing over and over again. Want to mow some grass? Go ahead. Want to plow some fields? Sure thing! Care for some animals? Have at it! Clear cut a forest? Why not? Replant the aforementioned forest? You can do that too!

My only regret is that I have so few upvotes/+1s to give this franchise, which I extend to the real modders (vice the "repost thiefs") and rational/mature portion of the community as well :)

Happy Farming!

edit - the "censored" wasn't anything too harsh