What difficulty ya'll playing on?

Gimli54

Re: What difficulty ya'll playing on?

Post by Gimli54 »

I like both the required plowing and the three fertilizer stage which brings lot more purpose to both those areas but I also like the ability to be able to switch them on and off at will and stuff so you can better tailor the game to how your feeling like playing like I want giants to include season in the bass game of 19 but with the option to turn it on or off or choose before you start the save game if you have it on or off
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

I play using all three modes about evenly with 7-9 farms running. All are different with different scenarios I create and stick to. Also use a "wiz" wheel that allows a random aspects like HP limits or brand types or sizes etc. Also I try to have a "win" goal established, this helps to drive what you do and how. Like owning all fields or so many of each animal

To me the scenario you create for your farm before you start is the most important. Key is sticking to it.
neverusedaweeder

Post by neverusedaweeder »

I play on easy but I do enable 3 stage fert and periodic plowing along with seasons. I also simulate that I’m an organic farmer so I don’t use any sprayers or fertilizer spreaders. I also use bank of hagensted temporarily to sell most of the fields and start with 1 or 2 small fields. Then I get rid of most of the money from selling the fields so that I only have about 50,000 on hand. Doing it this way slows down my progress because I have very few fields and because I don’t t get max yields because I don’t have any animals to get slurry or manure. So the progression becomes steady and not too quick. So for me role playing the organic farmer justifies the higher crop prices since it does require more effort to fertilize my fields.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

neverusedaweeder wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:11 pm I play on easy but I do enable 3 stage fert and periodic plowing along with seasons. I also simulate that I’m an organic farmer so I don’t use any sprayers or fertilizer spreaders. I also use bank of hagensted temporarily to sell most of the fields and start with 1 or 2 small fields. Then I get rid of most of the money from selling the fields so that I only have about 50,000 on hand. Doing it this way slows down my progress because I have very few fields and because I don’t t get max yields because I don’t have any animals to get slurry or manure. So the progression becomes steady and not too quick. So for me role playing the organic farmer justifies the higher crop prices since it does require more effort to fertilize my fields.
That's a interesting twist on how to play.
gamertag Jeff Z7

Post by gamertag Jeff Z7 »

W1der wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:58 pm Just a question to all of yous who play on "hard" ... are you also doing the three stages of fertilizing, the "plowing", plant withering enabled and the plant growth set to slow?
Normal growth. 1 stage fert, no plowing, no withering. I play around sheep, mainly farm grass. When I do plant crops it's for the straw or something to do between loading wool pallets.

Side note. I do have a hard seasons map on Oregon springs, no hired help, 3 stage fert & plowing. Only about 10 hrs in it so far. It's cool but rough to play.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

"I always played on easy before seasons but now I always play on normal with seasons because in easy animals wouldn't die."

[/quote]

I play on easy to test only give them water and 1 sheap and 1 cow die !?
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: