What difficulty ya'll playing on?

gamertag Jeff Z7

What difficulty ya'll playing on?

Post by gamertag Jeff Z7 »

Hard for me. Only because there's a money cheat & I don't want to be accused of using it lol. I tried playing on a normal map once but my will power is low & I used the downloaded the money cheat.

Hard for me. Not because I'm hardcore but because I get a better sense of appreciation once I've purchased all fields & my preferred rigs knowing that I earned them.

If you play on easy & use the money cheat, that's great. Play how you want & enjoy it to the max. Just curious about the general consensus.
hoop17

Re: What difficulty ya'll playing on?

Post by hoop17 »

Hard. Not sure why, lol.
FarmerGerz18

Post by FarmerGerz18 »

I play Normal and have never used and don't intend in using the Money cheat.
Xbox One
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Play hard or go home for me.
PS4
PS5
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I wish the cheated money showed on the stats screen.

I have 1 save on hard, but it takes so much grinding to get started.
Its a careful balance of what you need vs money. Instead of what you want to play with.
I find myself only growing soybeans, because they pay the most.
I've got 60 hours on that save and still do not own a harvester, just one small tractor.
If you like to use helpers (I do), it will cripple your ability to advance.
I started it for the same reason as you. I want a save that cannot be accused of cheating.
I tend to get bored with it, as it is very tedious.

However, most of my maps are played on Normal. I like using the helpers, they are more affordable this way. I can grow a variety of crops instead of only the most profitable ones.
I can more quickly afford the decorative mods. (fences, trees, etc) On hard, I don't decorate.
I do not enable the money cheat when I load the game, that way I don't ever have the option while playing.

I have the cheat mod. I limit its usage to one map. I call it "Cheaty McTestmap".
I use this map to test tools. All new DLC is used on this map before I buy it on my Legit maps.

My first map ever was started on Easy, I never used the money cheat.
I've "won" the map so to speak. Meaning, I own all fields and a ton of equipment.
I've also got millions of dollars leftover. The one time I had guests, they accused me of cheating.
They did not seem to understand that if you play 734 hours, legit, on easy; 5 million dollars on-hand is not unreasonable.
I have 10 Windmills, Solar panels, beehives. I make money everyday even without farming.
Daily:
-34,566 Vehicle running costs
-1,615 Property maintain
+402,000 Property income

I wish the cheated money showed on the stats screen, so I could rub it in their faces. :)
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I play on normal. I don't use the money cheat either as I think it takes a lot of the fun and realism out of the game.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

im sorry, I play on easy. Im not as harcore as some
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I play on hard in any game. The reason is any game can be " gamed" after awhile and I need to balance the gameplay some how. It's not about a epeen. I have a year 6 play through on seasons. It's a balance of dairy, greenhouse operation, and crops. I feel it's a legit foundation to break the money ceiling.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

As my goal on any map is to own all fields, my playing difficulty depends on the fieldprices. If they're low, I'll play on hard. If they're high, I'll play on normal. I don't use money cheat, don't collect nuggets.
Playing on PS4
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

I play on normal , why , so that I can indulge myself , new combine , buy it , don't like it ,sell it , buy another one , big field ready to harvest , don't have enough cash , mod in a million dollars and bam! it's yours. Why play like this ? 50 years farming on hard and have never been able to justify buying a new harvester irl , or been able to mod in the odd million bucks , the only map I have played on hard is Old Streams ,I have over 900 hrs invested in this game I own all the fields ,150 cows ,300 Sheep , 75 pigs and 170,000 in the bank , wouldn't have been so well off if it hadn't been for placeable sell points . Luv this game man :biggrin2:
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Played GCV on hard, first game. Put a lot of hours into it, own just about all fields and did every kind of farming activity in the game (except sugarcane). When I eventually tried a new map I went for normal as I didn't want that level of grind but still didn't use the money cheat. Did a few more maps, mostly on normal but some on easy if multiplayer or I didn't want to spend ages on that map.

My typical game start now is normal or easy (again depending how committed I want to be to the map) with seasons and I use the money cheat to start up with a level of investment 'earned' from selling off one of the other farms I'm done with.

The grind of hard was fine as a one off but all it really means is it takes a lot longer to do anything, I only felt the need to have that challenge once with FS17 especially with the number of maps available to play on.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

gamertag Jeff Z7 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:45 amHard for me. Only because there's a money cheat & I don't want to be accused of using it lol.
It does also work on hard.
I know it says it doesn't in the description but it does.

I always played on easy before seasons but now I always play on normal with seasons because in easy animals wouldn't die.
I don't even bother playing without seasons anymore.
PS5 / FS22
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I always play on hard. Once my farms get rolling on medium, they grow too fast and I don’t like that. I lose connection with my farm!

On hard every purchase has to be very thought out and it feels more like a business for me. I enjoy that part.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

@RODHA ~
I just tested it. Positive that you were wrong.

lol

Apparently, it DOES work. But you only get 100/hr.
I'm kinda bummed it makes money on hard.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ :lol: :lol:
Interesting. I remember getting the same amount (10.000/hrs).
Did you try it with seasons? Because in seasons it gives 7000/hrs or something like that even on normal.
I had tried it before seasons.

Actually I think may be it wasn't working on hard originally but one of the game updates massed that up and made it useable on hard too.
Thats just a wild guess though.
PS5 / FS22