What difficulty ya'll playing on?

fenixguy

Re: What difficulty ya'll playing on?

Post by fenixguy »

Easy for me. I don't do money cheat and don't collect nuggets. The only difference is how long it takes to progress. I don't have 100's of hours to put into gaming (well, this game anyway) so easy difficulty lets me see some progress in the limited time I get to play.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ very well explained.
that was exactly why I always played on easy before seasons.
PS5 / FS22
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

^^same reason I'm on easy. Otherwise I'd still have the starting equipment.....
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

On all the maps I've played on I have always gone with hard mode. When I see the difference in crop prices etc on normal, I do get tempted to downgrade but so far I keep resisting.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
empato

Post by empato »

I`m always on hard, because the progress on easy is too fast for me. I like to play savegames for more than 100-200 hours. On easy I would reach my own goals to quickly.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I play on normal chest to a million dollars sell the starting equipment and get two tractors a combine and a ripper along with equipment usually no bigger than 6 meters because I just can’t atand using anything smaller than that and then work my way up legit from there until I’ve got larger stuff and usually at least one class 9 combine one seasons of regular mode it usually takes me 120-140 hours depending on what equipment and fields I buy
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I play on medium because sometimes I dont like the equipment you start with, thats when I use the money cheat, then replace the equipment.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

Farmer216 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:28 am I wish the cheated money showed on the stats screen.

I have 1 save on hard, but it takes so much grinding to get started.
Its a careful balance of what you need vs money. Instead of what you want to play with.
I find myself only growing soybeans, because they pay the most.
I've got 60 hours on that save and still do not own a harvester, just one small tractor.
If you like to use helpers (I do), it will cripple your ability to advance.
I started it for the same reason as you. I want a save that cannot be accused of cheating.
I tend to get bored with it, as it is very tedious.

However, most of my maps are played on Normal. I like using the helpers, they are more affordable this way. I can grow a variety of crops instead of only the most profitable ones.
I can more quickly afford the decorative mods. (fences, trees, etc) On hard, I don't decorate.
I do not enable the money cheat when I load the game, that way I don't ever have the option while playing.

I have the cheat mod. I limit its usage to one map. I call it "Cheaty McTestmap".
I use this map to test tools. All new DLC is used on this map before I buy it on my Legit maps.

My first map ever was started on Easy, I never used the money cheat.
I've "won" the map so to speak. Meaning, I own all fields and a ton of equipment.
I've also got millions of dollars leftover. The one time I had guests, they accused me of cheating.
They did not seem to understand that if you play 734 hours, legit, on easy; 5 million dollars on-hand is not unreasonable.
I have 10 Windmills, Solar panels, beehives. I make money everyday even without farming.
Daily:
-34,566 Vehicle running costs
-1,615 Property maintain
+402,000 Property income

I wish the cheated money showed on the stats screen, so I could rub it in their faces. :)
I have news for you, you can still cheat while playing on Hard, just thought you would like to know.

W1der

Post by W1der »

Just a question to all of yous who play on "hard" ... are you also doing the three stages of fertilizing, the "plowing", plant withering enabled and the plant growth set to slow?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^plant withering and growth dont really matter when play with seasons, and I imagine if your playing on "hard" you would be using seasons
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

I'm playing on hard, with seasons, and the more realistic mod. 3 stage fertilizing with periodic ploughing enabled.

On Oakfield it's a struggle on some of the hills! But boy does more realistic make it challenging. :smileynew:

Slowly setting up courseplay just how I want it. Mostly for carting crops and ploughing. Don't want to become too dependent on the farm becoming automated.
But not having to cart anymore is absolutely amazing! :coolnew:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

W1der wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:58 pm Just a question to all of yous who play on "hard" ... are you also doing the three stages of fertilizing, the "plowing", plant withering enabled and the plant growth set to slow?
Nope, I'm always on 1 fert stage and no periodic plowing. As I said, my goal on any map is owning and working all fields. And I do all work myself. I do not use hire workers. So, it would get very tedious to have to do 3 fert stages and periodic plowing on a complete map :)
Playing on PS4
W1der

Post by W1der »

I was just asking as the easy, normal and hard modes comes with predefined settings for these things (the settings change depending on what mode you select) ...
If you change these settings manually you are no longer playing on "hard" (the way it was meant to be).

I really hope GIANTS will change this for FS19 so it makes more sense ... :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

W1der wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:58 pm Just a question to all of yous who play on "hard" ... are you also doing the three stages of fertilizing, the "plowing", plant withering enabled and the plant growth set to slow?

I love thevplowing function so I leave that on and also the 3x plowing.

I like the struggle!
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I love thevplowing function so I leave that on and also the 3x plowing.

I like the struggle!