REQUEST FOR GIANTS

RODHA

Re: REQUEST FOR GIANTS

Post by RODHA »

Tazman1983 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:36 pmYup, still have to sit tapping A for as long as it takes lol
Your pain is our pain bro :biggrin2: Shooting myself feels much easier than selling/buying animals :biggrin2: :biggrin2: I hope this torture may come to an end in FS19.
Tazman1983 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:46 pmAll that's used is barley and pig food silo lol
I thought all crops are fed seperately. So, it is barley straw and pig food. Still 3 ingeredients. But at least making the entire map barley could give enough crop along with the help of pig food. Straw is the bonus. Now, I'm starting to wonder if he can manage 1M :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

On line now for anyone who wants a look. Uses barely and the waste corn that is spat out by pigs along with the pig food silos. Not sure if the game could handle 1M pigs lol
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

If it can handle 200k I bet the engine is not limited to a number and probably set to some sort of max operation mode after a certain amount.
PS5 / FS22
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:46 pm If it can handle 200k I bet the engine is not limited to a number and probably set to some sort of max operation mode after a certain amount.
Oh i dunno, even loading his farm sometimes crashes the game :lol:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Wow... Thats a bit of an issue. A permanent save crash would be devostating for him. Hope that never happens. But if the game limits are being pushed a disaster scenario might be on its way.
PS5 / FS22
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Vicarofdeeath is streaming right now on mixer
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

Good morning farm fans. the farm is progressing well we are now in a hold phase which means we are capping the farm at 200k while we build straw stocks again. the end totall is going to be around 500k we hope. if any of you want to join the stream im going to be live from around 12 noon GMT today feel free to come along and have a chat. i look forward to your company.

MAY THE FONZIE BE WITH YOU ALL. aaaaayyyyyyyy
reider

Post by reider »

The doubters are just like sheep following each other ;-)

Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaa
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

And fans are different? Sure...
PS5 / FS22
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Vicarofdeeath is streaming right now
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I'm not really impressed by this.
Yes it is a lot of pigs, but it doesn't seem like it was that hard.

You aren't growing the food, you're buying "pig feed". If you were growing it that would be impressive. You're growing straw, but they can survive without that.

I don't think the animals will die if you fail to feed them, so there is no risk of loss.

Infinite food, infinite water, automatic cleanup. Where is the difficulty? Letting time roll?

At least you're loading up the animals in a trailer and driving them to sell point. Wait, you're not? Where exactly is the difficulty?

I'm glad you're having fun. But I don't see how this is a "world record".
Still waiting on a link to anything "official".
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Bladerunner92

Post by Bladerunner92 »

"Giants" thanks for allowing the MF sprayer on console mods.
vicarofdeeath

Post by vicarofdeeath »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:10 am I'm not really impressed by this.

You aren't growing the food, you're buying "pig feed". If you were growing it that would be impressive. You're growing straw, but they can survive without that.

I don't think the animals will die if you fail to feed them, so there is no risk of loss.

Infinite food, infinite water, automatic cleanup. Where is the difficulty? Letting time roll?

At least you're loading up the animals in a trailer and driving them to sell point. Wait, you're not? Where exactly is the difficulty?

it is VERY VERY HARD !! took 500 hours to do i had this farm going way before placeable silos and sell points came along ! why dont you try to make a farm like this on your xbox ?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:10 amI'm not really impressed by this.
I think that was harsh :confusednew:
At first I didn't believe it was legit. But then I watched his videos and convinced that it is.
If you see the videos and the setup, you should appreciate the work and planning that has gotten into that.
One ou should literally execute some industrial engineering to plan that setup and make it work continuously.
That farm is an achievement.

On the other hand you are right that it doesn't have that manual pig farm effect.
I mean feeding them with crops separately.
But for that you need at least a 10 times bigger map to provide the crops.Which is impossible on a 2x or a 4x map.

So, on it's own level, that farm is actually quite an impressive achievement imho.

The biggest manual pig farm as far as I know is masterplan's lawfolds pig farm.

At the moment, something close to 20k. He never uses pig food. Only crops.

And until recently he was even rejecting using conveyors to clean the trough.
PS5 / FS22
Tazman1983

Post by Tazman1983 »

Farmer216 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:10 am I'm not really impressed by this.

Until such time as we on console have the ability to make our own pig food then feeding them manually on this scale is impossible due to rate of consumption and growth rates