Sosnovka silage issue

Jlf85

Sosnovka silage issue

Post by Jlf85 »

Okay,

I shall try and explain this one as simply as possible. I have a ton of silage near the back of the bunkers (further away from sell point), and rather than using like 6 or 7 conveyors, I thought I would use a snow blower to place it in a tipper to make a pile near my conveyer feeding into the sell point. However, I have since found that the game will not let me dump silage from a tipper or a bucket out onto the pavement.. Is there a way around this, or something I am missing?

Many thanks for a solution!
Jlf85

Re: Sosnovka silage issue

Post by Jlf85 »

Nobody else has dealt with this? How is one to empty the bunkers and still get a good price.. 100 buckets from the frontloader takes a long, long time.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can tip it on the ground, you may not be able to tip a trailer of silage inside the bunker though. What I have done before is use a wheelloader to move the silage up to the conveyers.
markare

Post by markare »

You can't tip silage into the bunker only chaff to turn it into silage. You can however tip the silage anywhere else. And if you have the silage at the bank of the bunker you wouldn't need 6 or 7 conveyors. You would only need 2, the small loader one that goes to the ground and then a longer one to reach up into your tipper. Same setup at BGA to sell it. Tip the silage on the ground run time at x5 and keep an eye on it to get the exact same price for the whole length of sale.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

When I get to the back I sometimes load from a conveyor into a semi trailer, then drive it over to another conveyor and dump those into the digester.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

I didn't take a screen cap, but i tried about a dozen times.. It would not let me tip onto the ground in the BGA plant area. Once I left the concrete and went to a nearby field for instance, I could tip... As soon as I went back, it would start the sound of the tipper then stop. I took the excavator with a bucket of silage and tried to drop that onto the ground in the BGA area, and it wouldn't empty.. It was like anti gravity.. I couldn't understand it.

I know the solution is to dump a large amount around the conveyer, as this is what I do on other maps.. But sosnovka wouldn't let me...
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

I think you can drop silage into bunker that already has some silage.
In Sosnovka I just tipped behind the BGA wall (on west side?) and then used conveyors to bring silage over the wall and into the bin.
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Use conveyors my friend, it's not hard. I once filled all 5 of those BGA bunkers and had about 11.2 mil pounds as I remember. Used 5 separate conveyor systems running all at the same time and emptied them all fairly quickly. You'll have to advance your time a bit so the processor can keep up with the dumping.

Made about 6.1 M
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

I know I can do that.. I just think it must be a bug... unless it's just my game.. you simply cannot dump silage out on the ground (outside the bunkers) in the BGA plant area... it can't be done and is super frustrating...
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Jlf85 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 pm I know I can do that.. I just think it must be a bug... unless it's just my game.. you simply cannot dump silage out on the ground (outside the bunkers) in the BGA plant area... it can't be done and is super frustrating...
Every map I’ve played you can dump silage on the floor outside the bunkers,chellington,sandy bay,old stream farm,the west coast,the valley the old farm,CPF...haven’t done silage on sovnoska but surely that can’t be the only map where you can’t? So you have my sympathy if it is
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

The only map I've tried to use BGA was Sosnovka. I created the silage at home and trucked it to the BGA. I was unable to dump it anywhere on BGA property.
To sell it I ended up dumping it in the field nearby and running conveyors down the road and into the BGA. (Had to turn off traffic)
It took forever. I was very annoying. Your pay will drop whenever the conveyors stop.

I read on the forums that silage / BGA was the get rich quick thing in previous FS games.
I imagine they purposefully made it hard to use in FS17. I don't know for sure as this is my first FS game.

It was such a pain I never tried again.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

Yep.. I have the same problem..u love sosnovka as a map and have a ton of equipment.. But this silage issue drives me nuts.. Was going to use the Ropa to pick up extra silage.. But again, can't put it on the ground of the bga...
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Can dump on the grass area next to the sell point.
PS4
PS5