FS and the modding community.

BreadedVirus

FS and the modding community.

Post by BreadedVirus »

With a few more farming games on the market, I'm curious to know what will happen with regards to modders and choosing which farm game they will mod for?

What would GIANTS do, if anything to make FS19 more attractive to the modding community?

I will say that I am very grateful for all the fantastic mods that have helped make FS17 what it is today.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
RODHA

Re: FS and the modding community.

Post by RODHA »

Do the other farming sims support mods?
PS5 / FS22
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Aperently in pure farming its quite easy to make mods I've heard.
markare

Post by markare »

One of them is picking the best mods and releasing them as dlc for console that's as far as i know. Forget what one it is though. And to the OP I'm pretty sure the Modders for fs will still be working on mods for the future releases. They have been doing it for so long i doubt any will just leave fs at the side and concentrate in the others, they may well mod for both but doubt they will throw fs to the side, also other than offering financial rewards there is nothing really giants can do to keep Modders, they are not employed or anyway affiliated with Giants so they don't really have a say in what game they mod for.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I believe Giants would do what is necessary in order to keep the modding community motivated.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

markare wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm also other than offering financial rewards there is nothing really giants can do to keep Modders,
We already do that anyway ;)

I believe that providing a great game wil go a long way here. If modders love our game, then they will create things for our game. That's the plan.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
smokin88

Post by smokin88 »

Hope they continue nodding f's is the best virtual farming game money can buy.. Giants and people making moods keep up the great work