If seasons are on FS 19

Addictedtofs

Re: If seasons are on FS 19

Post by Addictedtofs »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm I play on normal speed small equipment just base seasons and when I get everything done I speed up to 120X and skip night.
This is me exactly. It doesn't take long to skip either. I just play on my iPad untill morning.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya it only takes like 5 minutes to skip 10 hours anyways, but it still is a nice feature to have lets be honest
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I like seasons, but I generally don't use it as I jump in and out of the game too much. Between family life and work sometimes I don't have the xbox on for days at a time, so for me to turn on and have nothing to do but forestry? No thanks!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:38 pm I guess I play completely different then most players with seasons I guess. I play on normal speed small equipment just base seasons and when I get everything done I speed up to 120X and skip night.
That's pretty much how I play. I find it works pretty well. I'm at a point now where I always play with Seasons. Running with Seasons feels more like the real thing. I can certainly understand how some wouldn't find it appealing, though.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I love seasons. Getting your first snow mid winter is divine. I even put the Christmas tree up. Fall is hands down my favorite though as the tree colors and harvesting are my fav things to see and do.

Since I do not like cutting down the base map trees as the map on Lone Oak looks too beautiful. I end up planting a few small fields of trees. That way in the coming winters I will have more to do.

But this winter I still had a lot to do. I basically had to process out and sell and silo over 1.8 million liters of silage I had made mowing over the summer. It brought it almost 400k on hard. That took an entire day.

Also I found out with the silo mod that lets you store grass, hay, chips, etc to help with grass rot on seasons. I then was able to empty out that out of its straw and hay. Then dump it on the ground, and then proceeded to make bales with it and sell those off for a nice profit.

Plus moving slurry and manure around. I had enough to do during winter 80 percent of the time on my first year. Next year will be better as I will have more of that above to work with and trees after those grow in game, a few years.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Weasle wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 am Also I found out with the silo mod that lets you store grass, hay, chips, etc to help with grass rot on seasons. I then was able to empty out that out of its straw and hay. Then dump it on the ground, and then proceeded to make bales with it and sell those off for a nice profit.
That my friend... is where the Goweil LT Master comes in very handy! *thumbsup*
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I don't follow? Explain please.

Oh, its a large capacity baler for a lot of different types of material.

Nice,

I am on console though.
BigDaddyMac

Post by BigDaddyMac »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:09 pm We know. You can do forestry during winter. In real life, arable farmers take a holiday in the winter. You still need to care for your animals.

If we could have added more activities for the winter, we likely would have. But we didn't.
Just wanted to take the opportunity to say THANKS to Realismus for Seasons! I don't think I can go back to playing without it. I will stick with FS17 and Seasons until/unless Realismus or Giants can figure out how to get it into FS19.
BigDaddyMac

Post by BigDaddyMac »

GothicKing13 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:32 am
Weasle wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 am Also I found out with the silo mod that lets you store grass, hay, chips, etc to help with grass rot on seasons. I then was able to empty out that out of its straw and hay. Then dump it on the ground, and then proceeded to make bales with it and sell those off for a nice profit.
That my friend... is where the Goweil LT Master comes in very handy! *thumbsup*
Excellent idea making bales. Never thought of it. I will have to give it a go with the Goweil LT Master.
Zelyth

Post by Zelyth »

I think I'm in the boat where I'll be staying with FS17 until Seasons for 19 comes around. I don't think I can ever go back to non-Seasons. It's so incredibly integral and it feels like what Farming Simulator was always meant to be. All of the flashy new features of FS19 could not begin to outweigh the importance of Seasons (even John Deere). However, I don't think I'll be waiting long as I'm fairly positive Realismus has been working with Giants to get Seasons with 19 very close to release.
BigDaddyMac

Post by BigDaddyMac »

Zelyth wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:48 am ... However, I don't think I'll be waiting long as I'm fairly positive Realismus has been working with Giants to get Seasons with 19 very close to release.
One can only hope. I was telling my 11 year old son not to worry, "SURELY Giants will make sure that FS19 has Seasons because they know that in addition to competing with other startups, they will have to compete with FS17". I was really shocked to find out that they didn't have seasons integrated with FS17. I am shocked that it took modders to add such a fundamental element to a farming simulation game. I wonder how Realismus is compensated for their efforts.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

BigDaddyMac wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:44 am I wonder how Realismus is compensated for their efforts.
They won grand prize in the mod contest (€50,000 if I remember correctly among a few other prizes) and one of the members now works for Giants.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Perhaps a job that could be added during the winter in Seasons would be paid to clear the snow from the roads on the map?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:54 pm Perhaps a job that could be added during the winter in Seasons would be paid to clear the snow from the roads on the map?
Brings something to mind. With a different type of mission structure now I wonder if modders will be able to create missions. Probably not but would be interesting.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
rockyglass

Post by rockyglass »

gordon861 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:54 pm Perhaps a job that could be added during the winter in Seasons would be paid to clear the snow from the roads on the map?
That would be cool.