If seasons are on FS 19

fenixguy

Re: If seasons are on FS 19

Post by fenixguy »

redglasses wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am I have heard something about this issue but I don’t think I’m allowed to share it here...
Insert my standard statement here: If seasons are not a part of FS19 (base game or mod) I will not be purchasing it. I refuse to play without it anymore.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
empato

Post by empato »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:40 pm
redglasses wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am I have heard something about this issue but I don’t think I’m allowed to share it here...
Insert my standard statement here: If seasons are not a part of FS19 (base game or mod) I will not be purchasing it. I refuse to play without it anymore.
Same with me. And there are a few other mods as well (like courseplay & GPS)
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Krd1749 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:23 pm I would like to be able to have snow without stuff rotting or animals dying.
If you play on Easy animals can't die. If you play on a non-Seasons-masked map nothing will rot except grass (but everything still works). And you will still have snow.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

empato wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 pm Same with me. And there are a few other mods as well (like courseplay & GPS)
GPS is highly unlikely. I may be wrong about this, but I believe the developer (upsideDown) has gone off to that other WIP farming game. If true that also means that Drive Control is equally unlikely.

Perhaps he'll give people permission to convert them, but even with permission I doubt that will be an easy job, even for experienced scripters.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

GPS wouldn't be too hard for Giants to implement. It could just use the same "drive in a straight line" function that the hired worker uses except you have to stay in the machine as the driver. Have a toggle between the standard directions the worker uses or set off in a "free" direction (like FS2011 hired worker).

But the entire GPS mod in all it's glory would be difficult to map to a controller. And it's already been confirmed that it won't be included. I just use the worker for straight lines when I want to control the headland turns and what not.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

GothicKing13 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am Oh, how I wish I didn't read through this page... now, every time I see his name. Rankies is going to come to mind. LOL
Hmmmmmmmm
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 pm
GothicKing13 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am Oh, how I wish I didn't read through this page... now, every time I see his name. Rankies is going to come to mind. LOL
Hmmmmmmmm
Well, it helps... I can pronounce Rankies without second guessing what I just said. LOL - I really do love the Seasons mod, though. It's hard playing without it!
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I love seasons, idk if I could play without it
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I can play without it, but... only with an exception. My fiance is still learning the game, getting used to everything. So, we have our own little save file that we run together in a private server. I don't run seasons with her, yet. Trying to let her get more used to the game first. Also, letting her see and work with each and every crop. Without seasons, she gets to work with Sugarcane. I know, Estancia has it's own GEO to allow sugarcane, but... then it's either potatoes or sugar beets that get removed. lol
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

The only thing about seasons i dont like is, you plant fertilize and harvest every field, then what? Forestry, well you run otta trees, then what? Im not gonnq buy a boat load of trees.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Lisertan wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am
Tstan wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 pm If seasons are on FS 19 should the be choice selected or just permanently on the in the game
If Seasons ever makes it into the base game, then it will be a choice for sure. A lot of people dislike playing with Seaons and we will most likely not force them to use it.
Why does that sound like a vague politician response... "We will most likely not force them!!!" Something to read into or not ??
Quite frankly: because I don't know. As there is no seasons for FS19, we don't have any plans here so I have to go with my guts feeling. As the Community Manager, I see A LOT of feedback regarding Seasons and not everyone likes it, so that's the feedback our developers get as well.

As they are listening to our community, I'd assume they will build in a toggle Seasons yes/no or something (or a gamemode with seasons or god knows how they would do it), but as there are no plans, we don't know. That's why I've posted my guts feeling and that is: They will (because of the feedback) most likely give players the choice.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 am
TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Lisertan wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am

If Seasons ever makes it into the base game, then it will be a choice for sure. A lot of people dislike playing with Seaons and we will most likely not force them to use it.
Why does that sound like a vague politician response... "We will most likely not force them!!!" Something to read into or not ??
Quite frankly: because I don't know. As there is no seasons for FS19, we don't have any plans here so I have to go with my guts feeling. As the Community Manager, I see A LOT of feedback regarding Seasons and not everyone likes it, so that's the feedback our developers get as well.

As they are listening to our community, I'd assume they will build in a toggle Seasons yes/no or something (or a gamemode with seasons or god knows how they would do it), but as there are no plans, we don't know. That's why I've posted my guts feeling and that is: They will (because of the feedback) most likely give players the choice.
Top man, I've got visions of a massive whiteboard in your office with a tally on "what the community wants"- and then developers coming in and ticking what they like/can do and wiping off what they don't/can't !
FS17 on XBone
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Sorry, I know this is off topic... But, I don't think I have ever seen Lis post something this early. Hope you have a good day at work, Lis.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

A couple times he has, but Lis is doing his best to give us information on pretty much everything, and like Lis said, not everyone likes seasons. Lis do you know anything about the other 4real modules? They in the base game?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Ah, I haven't noticed it personally. 1st time I've seen him post this early. I agree, he is doing his best. Staying on top of everything, shedding light on what he can/allowed to share. I personally love Seasons, but... I can play without it for a while, and patiently wait on the updated mod to come back around. Didn't Rahkiin already say somewhere that it wasn't apart of the base game, but... realismus (sorry if I spelt that wrong) is already working on the updated version for the new game? All in all, the ability to build our farm from the ground up already has me excited and I can't wait to play!