Favourite map contest

Mobias

Re: Favourite map contest

Post by Mobias »

Oakfield, Coldborough Park Farm and The West Coast are my top 3.

Incidentally I'm in the early stages of making my first ever map at the moment and your appreciation for how other maps are designed and put together totally changes once you see what goes on behind the scenes. I have huge amounts of admiration for the Frontier Design guys and anyone else who makes great maps. Its a huge technical and creative challenge.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wow. Thats cool. You plan on starting a WIP thread about your map?
PS5 / FS22
anakai

Post by anakai »

DolnośląskaWieś this is the map i played the most
Old Streams Farm
The West Coast, after I edit the sheep farm a little.
stickanw

Post by stickanw »

Oakfield, Chellington, Coldborough, Thornton and I must take one from FS 15 to. I realy like the Schizofrenic gameplay in the Lakeside map with all different animals, seeds, fruits and more to do.
empato

Post by empato »

Best maps for me are Great Country and Northfrisian Marsh
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

RODHA wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 am Wow. Thats cool. You plan on starting a WIP thread about your map?
Hi Rodha. I might start a WIP thread over on FS-UK if things work out and I decide to keep going with it. I'm enjoying doing it at the moment, its really rewarding, but I need to be certain I can get it beyond a certain point before showing it off.

If people here are interested in seeing how map is made from a beginners point of view then I could start a thread here for sure.
hoop17

Post by hoop17 »

West Coast
rwilltexas

Post by rwilltexas »

Oregon Springs....so far..
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Mobias wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 pmIf people here are interested in seeing how map is made from a beginners point of view then I could start a thread here for sure.
Well, I for one am interested. It always feels like I'm more involved when I watch someone I know to create a mod and be able to use that mod on my game *thumbsup*
Hope everything goes as you planned :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

RODHA wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 am
Mobias wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 pmIf people here are interested in seeing how map is made from a beginners point of view then I could start a thread here for sure.
Well, I for one am interested. It always feels like I'm more involved when I watch someone I know to create a mod and be able to use that mod on my game *thumbsup*
Hope everything goes as you planned :hi:
Thanks RODHA. If the map gets beyond a certain point and I feel like I'm definitely going to see it through to completion then I'll make a thread here for it so you can take a look.
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

The West Coast is the best map of this game! Still can't get enough of it even now.
So far between console and pc I have over 500 hours on just this map alone.

Oakfield farm is a very close 2nd place in terms of greatness! Just finished my first year on seasons and definitely enjoying it.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

I got to go with WestCoast, other than the fact that not all the not owned fields, get planted, except for the few which have missions on them, Id have to say West Coast is the one, that I have spent the most time on. I do wish the gates were wider in many of the fields, as you cant really use bigger equipment due to not being able to get them in the fields, but as far as the looks and feel of the map. And for the most part, fairly realistic, other than a few things.

I just download Oakfield, and it looks impressive, and well done. I know he says its best on a real life area, so thats nice feature. Other than some of the sell points for crops, is unrealistic, with just a dump and building, with no grain bins, ruins some of the realism, as there is only one place, to sell crops, that looks like a grain elevator. Also the electric poles, not having collisions, kind of bugs me, but I can live with that. I do wish that land where the windmill is, was usuable space, but again, not a deal breaker. The unrealistic grain sell points is my biggest grip, and the fact that Im not a fan of the hens laying their eggs all over the place, as thats unrealistic, as hens dont lay eggs all over the place, they prefer a closed dark space, to lay eggs, this is one thing I hope Giants get right in FS19.

As of now since there isnt any good big USA maps in the ingame mod hub, that have been tested and arent beta's, as I wont play download a beta map, Id have to say West Coast gets the top map spot for me. However If I can overlook the unrealistic grain sell points, Im probably going to start a Oakfield map, as I d like how its a little more open, and bigger fields. Plus I like how the map maker, did the dairy barns. As Oakfield is a beautiful map, as is West Coast map, as both BulletBill, and OxygenDave, do have quite the talent for map making. 2 of the very best map makers this game has.

Oregon springs looks nice, but with it not being designed for seasons, makes is a no play for me, as I wont play any map, that isnt set up for seasons.