Wow

j_maybury

Re: Wow

Post by j_maybury »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 am Topic that does not say anything, I need to tell my moderators to change thi... oh.. it's them... wow......

:D

If you like what you see in FS17.. wait till end of the year dude :D
I have pretty high expectations, do you think you can match them?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

redglasses wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:44 am ^^Why do you need to overclock to play fs :lol:
I don't really need it for FS but for games like Watch Dogs and some other stuff I could get a steadier frame rate
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^I see
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Or a whole lot of stuttering if you overdo it, My GTX1050ti can be overclocked using the Asus GPUtweak app but I'd say the increase is minimal and if you try go too high you could make it terribly unstable and possibly damage the card.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ya thats the risk of overclocking
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

redglasses wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:44 am ^^Why do you need to overclock to play fs :lol:
There's still plenty in FS17 that's CPU limited, even on a high end CPU (I've got a 4790K). Some scripts murder CPU performance.

That said it's much better than FS15, which was CPU limited.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Guil wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 pm Or a whole lot of stuttering if you overdo it, My GTX1050ti can be overclocked using the Asus GPUtweak app but I'd say the increase is minimal and if you try go too high you could make it terribly unstable and possibly damage the card.
I got a reasonable overclock without any negative side effects, unless the game itself didn't accept any overclocking, like Fortnite. I do plan on upgrading my motherboard and case at some point so I can put my old GPU (a GTX 730) in with my 1050ti and using the 730 for Phsyx and other small settings I can control in Nvidia control panel to get some better performance. Ill probably overclock it a tiny bit too
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 am What's your overclocking settings at?
My CPU is overclocked to 4.2GHz (from 3.8GHz stock), and the GPU is just done via the Asus GPU tweak app Guil mentioned. Can't remember what it was off the top of my head. But it's always on the Overclocked setting.

Overkill for FS, but definitely helps with PUBG and BF1.

CPU is very stable at 4.2GHz. Under full load, getting temps of around 85-90°c across all cores running prime 95.
Tried getting a bit higher but it either started crashing or failed to boot.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I use MSI Afterburner for my GPU but I don't have an overclockable CPU. I have my core voltage +70 and my core clock +200
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Guil

Post by Guil »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm
I got a reasonable overclock without any negative side effects, unless the game itself didn't accept any overclocking, like Fortnite. I do plan on upgrading my motherboard and case at some point so I can put my old GPU (a GTX 730) in with my 1050ti and using the 730 for Phsyx and other small settings I can control in Nvidia control panel to get some better performance. Ill probably overclock it a tiny bit too
That's all well and good but on a budget card I'd say there is a very very negligible increase if any other than a placebo affect.

This is the one I have. https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/CER ... 050TI-A4G/
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:31 am There's still plenty in FS17 that's CPU limited, even on a high end CPU (I've got a 4790K). Some scripts murder CPU performance.
Could you elaborate on that? I have quite a similar CPU and have yet to witness FS load more than 15% of my CPU (basically 1 core). So while there might be CPU intensive scripts, they are not multithreaded (separate from main engine) and that's what FS could use. For example: run random environmental changes (birds, animals, wind), or use runtime pathfinding for every vehicle (this would also allow for "use helper to drive the tractor from field N to shop M").
Guil

Post by Guil »

It isn't as simple as that, bassaddict posted this in another thread.
There was already multicore support in FS11. Even have a screenshot as prove at home.

I guess what you mean if there will be support for a better distribution of the load on multiple cores.
Well, that's not all as simple as it might sound to others. You simply can't parallelize every task. And for those you can, you have some management overhead to put the final result computed on the multiple cores/threads together to one final result. The amount of overhead depends on the exact task. And in some cases, it doesn't make any sense, because the overhead would be so much, that the result doesn't justify the amount of time required to implement.

So short answer: The engine will be improved, but most likely not as much as you would want to see.
For a more detailed answer, you'd have to ask one of our engine programmers. They know way more about that stuff than me 
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=124442&p=979034#p979034
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Guil wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:52 pm
Smith Modding wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm
That's all well and good but on a budget card I'd say there is a very very negligible increase if any other than a placebo affect.

This is the one I have. https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/CER ... 050TI-A4G/
No I can notice a difference, unlocked FS gets to a higher frame rate with the overclock and i got about 20 FPS better on the bench marking software that comes with Afterburner. I have this version of the card https://www.evga.com/products/product.a ... P4-6253-KR
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

redglasses wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 pm ^^Exactly why bitcoin needs to die
Nope, bitcoin won't die. Cryptocurrency is here to stay forever. Bitcoin is more popular than ever, and is relevant enough. With that being the case, it's much better to start sooner rather than later, especially noting that the trend is pretty much always upward. Just read Bitcoin Wiki to keep youself informed.
Last edited by Dweller on Thu May 09, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
W1der

Post by W1der »

If I let "Geforce experience" change my settings I am getting a lot of lag on savegames with plenty of hours of progress (in areas with lots of "stuff") ...
I try my best to avoid fiddling with the settings to much ones I found a level without performance issues ...
The game looks really amazing with everything set on max though!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5