Hints on how to use the hose system

kahfs

Hints on how to use the hose system

Post by kahfs »

I've been wanting to use the hose system for a long time, but always failed to make it work. I've downloaded the latest version from Modhub as well as the Zunhammer slurry sprayer by Wopster. I buy both, and the hose is lying on the ground next to the Zunhammer. I grab the hose by left clicking with the mouse. The hose follows me around, but when I try to approach the loading pipe on the Zunhammer, I expect to get another message about clicking the left mouse button to attach the hose to the pipe, - that seems to be what happends in the Youtube videos. But, nothing happens. I try adjusting my position, yet nothing happens. The hose end is out of sight, so I can't really aim the hose at anything, wonder why. On the Youtube videos, you can see the hose end when attaching. Apparently you can also place the hose in a hose rack on the slurry tanker. I fail. I walk up to the side of the sprayer with the hose "in my hand" and then what?

Have searched the forum, but found no clues. Are there any known conflicting mods? No errors in my log. Based on the videos promoting the mod, it seems to work well, so I would really welcome a description of how to use this mod, or a pointer to where to find such a description.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Wopster

Re: Hints on how to use the hose system

Post by Wopster »

Hey, yeah that's caused by a conflicting mod called Ground Modification.

Read the readme on github:
https://github.com/stijnwop/hoseSystem/ ... /README.md

Hope it works after this! :)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Thank you for the hint. Removed Ground Modification and it works. Great mod. I do some times use the Ground Modification mod in the start of a new map. Can I modify the ground, deinstall Ground Modification, remove it from the mod folder and then use the Hose system on such a Save game, or will prior use of Ground modification prevent later use of Hose System on that map?
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I think if you remove the ground modification, it will remove what you did with the ground modification
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Azfoor wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 am I think if you remove the ground modification, it will remove what you did with the ground modification
You may be right. I will give it a test.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Azfoor, you are spot on. I removed the Ground Modification mod from the mod folder, and opened up Chellington Farm. All my ground modifications were gone. So, it is either ground Modification or Hose System. Too bad. They are both wonderful mods.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Yea its a shame.. maby there will be a fix soon!