Please do NOT go to 60fps on Xbox One for FS19

Airborne82nd

Please do NOT go to 60fps on Xbox One for FS19

Post by Airborne82nd »

I have to say, owning both Xbox One and PS4 (not X or Pro), and owning FS17 on Xbox One, and just buying it now on sale on PS4, this is one of the first and only games i've personally played, where the graphics are FAR worse on PS4.

I don't regret the buy, in that 15 dollars is not going to break my bank. However, it's pretty ugly as compared to Xbox. The only rationale i can see for that, is that it's obvious given the gameplay they were going for 60fps on PS, as compared to Xbox which seems at about 30 frames.

Now, on Xbox, it's just more, well, visibly appealing. The game has much better color, and contrast, and seems more cinematic, where as on PS it look like i'm playing DOOM simulator. There are people who like these 60fps like graphics, but i have a feeling, if they go for 60fps on the generic Xbox One on their next title, there may be a lot of backlash.

Personally, if i hear they're going for that, i'm going to have to pass on the next title. Please just keep as is on the generic Xbox.

60fps is for PC or maybe Pro and X with different graphical settings built in to help out, or otherwise maybe someone on a monitor, but on a big tv, it's looking fugly lol. Thanks for hearing me out.
Lostfarmer6474

Re: Please do NOT go to 60fps on Xbox One for FS19

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

You are wellcome. It is only YOUR opinion. Most of players wont agree with you.
Can we lock this useless tread?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Who says FS17 on regular PS4 runs at 60 fps?
PS5 / FS22
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

That is really weird. The PS4 and the XboxOne use almost the exact same settings, expect for the PS4 to use slightly longer draw distances and a higher resolution, while running mostly at 60fps. So the PS4 should definitely look at least as good as the XboxOne version (if not better).
The contrast and color might come from the general settings of the console to output this differently on your TV. Also you should check that your TV has the gaming mode enabled, otherwise it might try to do some adjustments which might not work properly.
Can you maybe post images comparing the two images?
mrprez

Post by mrprez »

FS17 on my standard PS4 looks great. There must be something else going on at the OPs house.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Sometime there's nothing for a little old mod like me to say other than.

What the...
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Stegei wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 am That is really weird. The PS4 and the XboxOne use almost the exact same settings, expect for the PS4 to use slightly longer draw distances and a higher resolution, while running mostly at 60fps. So the PS4 should definitely look at least as good as the XboxOne version (if not better).
The contrast and color might come from the general settings of the console to output this differently on your TV. Also you should check that your TV has the gaming mode enabled, otherwise it might try to do some adjustments which might not work properly.
Can you maybe post images comparing the two images?
Well, you're saying PS4 is at 60 fps. And Xbox is obviously not at 60 frames? That's the issue certainly imo.

I mean, to get quicker framerates, you almost always have to to dumb down graphics to get to that rate, particularly on certain machines. And it's not at all my TV, between PS4 and Xbox i must have 200 games that play fine, and this plays fine, it's just that the graphics aren't near as good as Xbox.

I could always tell right when i put the game on, is that it's a 60fps game, and that tends to mean bad graphics. It's a choice between definition and quicker rates, and with these consoles, you can't have both. Many developers like Ubisoft and others struggle with these issues, and in their case, they go for graphics over framerates.

For FS, i feel great, or at least decent graphics are needed, where as 60fps is supposed to be for competitive games like shooters where graphics may take a back seat to competitive play. It's not at all needed on this game, where 30 or 40 frames are fine on generic consoles. So, if PS folks like it, keep it as is for them, but don't change something that's not broken in regards to Xbox is all i'm saying.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's strange, people before you had problems with Xbox version saying different things to what yr saying
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I run a keyboard with my Xbox, and if I hit F3 it takes it to 60. But it isn't steady, it drops and rises. Xbox seems to run fine with it
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

eric21 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:37 pm That's strange, people before you had problems with Xbox version saying different things to what yr saying
Well what were they saying? To see the difference, you'd have to play on both systems.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

You should post pics of each one.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Skullblits wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm You should post pics of each one.
Well i don't have the means to do that. But video itself runs at 30 frames for many, so you're not going to see it thru video. In fact there's games look gorgeous on video, but when you put the game in, it's like blah. Been like that as long as i remember with certain games. But the developer did come on here, and admit PS4 runs at 60 frames, and certainly Xbox does not, and that's the likely matter.

Don't get me wrong, i've loved the game, but it's preferable on Xbox for me.

The caution comes when they go to the next game, and try and make the machine perform in ways it's just not meant too. Xbox generic is made for 30 or 40 frames for decent graphic rates, and on this particular game, with generic PS4 as well from what i can tell.

X and maybe PS Pro have settings, where as you can change the framerates biased to graphics, or higher frames, but with consoles you can't have both at the same qualities. which is why games there give you the choice in the settings.

So, this is just a thread about the next game. Personally, idt there's much to worry about, being if the game wasn't at 60 frames for Xbox this time, it won't be next time, being the hardware didn't improve for the generic Xbox as time went on.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Unless, for some reason, you prefer 30fps over 60fps, there really isn't any setting that would make the XboxOne version better than the PS4 version. The only reason why the PS4 version runs at 60fps and the XboxOne is locked at 30fps is because we found that the PS4 can achieve 60fps more often than the XboxOne.
If you have many vehicles running, the PS4 version will run at 30fps too.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Stegei wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 amThe contrast and color might come from the general settings of the console to output this differently on your TV. Also you should check that your TV has the gaming mode enabled, otherwise it might try to do some adjustments which might not work properly.
Hi Stegei. First of all thank you for this detailed explanation :hi:
As you mentioned TV's in your post I'm a bit surprised. I use an ASUS gaming monitor instead of a TV panel. Would that affect my FS17 experience graphics wise? And if it would, would it be on the bad side or on the good side?
PS5 / FS22
RickyT

Post by RickyT »

To cut short story long, I own both Xbox One and Ps4 (not the pro or Xbox One X) and I have to say I prefer the PS4 version of FS. I scored the Platinum edition for £20 and was blown away by it Oakfield farm is a huge difference but Estancia Lapacho just gobsmacked me.
FS17 - XBOX1 / Drumard, Sandy bay