Steering sensitivity

Guil

Re: Steering sensitivity

Post by Guil »

It's €150 here for one. Anyone have the steam controller? Few lads I know have them and say they are great but none play fs.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Guil wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 am I can't bear the thought of spending that money on a controller but stranger things have happened haha.
Do it!!! :biggrin2: it is worth the money! But I agree that 100£ is a bit much for a controller :mrgreen:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Let's see what happens (usually I buy it either way) :blushnew:
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Guil wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 pm Let's see what happens (usually I buy it either way) :blushnew:
It’s funny how that tends to work, isn’t it!

I feel the same way about the Elite controller with regard to price. I certainly understand the appeal of higher precision potentiometers and/or A-to-D. But, the price is hard to swallow with it “just” being a general purpose gamepad.

Now, hundreds of dollars for wheels, pedals, throttles, yolks, shifters, eye trackers, and other things that are essentially single-purpose, that’s completely different...right? :blushnew:
Guil

Post by Guil »

I play ETS and ATS too so a wheel may not be a bad investment but kinda stuck for space at the moment.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Back to this again, I was sure I had keyboard steer but checked and I had uninstalled it. I installed it again and used CTRL + C to increase sensitivity and it works a charm. I don't like the reverse camera and I know I can just disable it once for each vehicle but it gets annoying with new vehicles.

I edited the XML but now the game keeps saying there's an update for the mod, any way around this or is it possible to disable the reverse camera globally without editing the XML.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Giving the mod a new name should solve the "update prompt".

Ones you saved your game with the mod using the new name it should stop prompting for the update or missing mod ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Samira

Post by Samira »

I edited the XML as well changed the Sensitivity in the Lua to fit for me to 1% on keyboard (love it !) but also it showed up that there is a Update. I renamed and solved it ^^

edit: also changed the Camera stuff cuz it was anoying me a lot. on every new vehicle its set to disabled and 1% sensitivity for me <3
Guil

Post by Guil »

I just updated it and left it at that. I may do as you say and rename it. Thanks for the tip.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Guil wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm I play ETS and ATS too so a wheel may not be a bad investment but kinda stuck for space at the moment.
A wheel is a fantastic investment. I've got the T150 and use the T3PA Pro Pedal set and the THA8 Shifter for my racing, farming and truck SIM games. *thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

There are three things I'd change: less deflection as the vehicle's speed increases, less deflection near the dead zone at all speeds, and do not self-center when a tractor is stopped.

So it works like this: when the tractor is sitting still, tipping the joystick causes the steering wheel to turn and keep turning until the player releases the stick. Tipping the stick further increases the rate the wheel is turning. A stop-to-stop turn of the wheel should take 3-4 seconds. (Time it on a real tractor and go with that.)

Then roll in self-centering as the tractor speeds up. At 5MPH, steering works largely like it does right now.

And all of the time, the cliff on the dead zone needs to go away. Instead of going straight to something like 5° deflection, the wheel should barely move a fraction of a degree on the edge of the dead zone. It's really hard to set a straight line on the road, right now, and that just should not be.

Obviously, for people with racing wheels, don't do any of that: just make the dead zone changes. Allow the non-centering and progressive steering to be turned on and off so people can customize their experience.

Finally... give Steam Controller users something no other game has: allow them to steer with the game pad. I don't mean "steer like a joystick", but actually revolve their thumb around the outside of the left pad to steer the tractor. That would be amazing.
PC | XBox One | American Outback, Westbridge
3leggeddog

Post by 3leggeddog »

Something I have always used. copy and pasted from elsewhere :gamer:

On the CONTROLS 2 page you can adjust controller sensitivity. First thing, don't adjust your sensitivity below 100% for anything other than camera control. Below 100% you can't hit full speed or a full turn radius :( The next problem is that it doesn't tell you what the axis are bound to... it also doesn't map to traditional names on the 360 controller(that I'm aware of). Here is the mapping as I found it through trial an error:

• Axis 1: Left Joystick Y (I don't have any equipment that uses this yet, but it maps to forward/back while walking)
• Axis 2: Left Joystick X (Controls turning. I had to increase my deadzone to 18 to get it just right.)
• Axis 3: Right Joystick Y (Look up/down. Increase sensitivity to 200% and profit.)
• Axis 4: Right Joystick X (Look left/right. Increase sensitivity to 200% and profit.)
• Axis 5: Left Trigger (Reverse. I was able to drop deadzone to 2% safely.)
• Axis 6: Right Trigger (Forward speed. I was able to drop deadzone to 2% safely.)
W1der

Post by W1der »

There are different ways to go about this ...

I have the Logitech G920.
For steering sensitivity I am using the settings for the wheel in the software that comes with it ... I have mine set to 40% sensitivity and this seems to be the sweet spot for me.
I can now make precise corrections for the steering and I really have to slow down taking corners, as I need to move the wheel quite a bit to make the wheels turn enough.

The settings in game are linear and I really miss the possibility to set a curb to them!
This would be awesome for the gas and break pedal!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5