Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters

Attack Wave

Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters

Post by Attack Wave »

This may come across as a crazy offer, however I would happily fund a talented modder ANY amount to produce a new harvester with a 100k capacity for the above 3 Crop types, and it needs to be for Consoles. If that's doable, please message me direct.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
DeereJason

Re: Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters

Post by DeereJason »

Might as well just use the money cheat box and not plant anything.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Sugarcane harvesters don't have tanks and I don't think there are 100k sugarbeats or potato harvesters with that huge storage. Could you post a link?
markare

Post by markare »

Why do you always do that Eric. They are called mods for a reason. Just because they don't exist IRL doesn't mean they can't be done. Stop debunking people's ideas. You do know the meaning of of the word mod don't you???
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I mean generally un-realistic mods wont make it to consoles
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

driving this point a little further.. just because something hasn't been done doesn't mean it cant be.. they r called innovations for a reason.. lets say lizard brand were to make some major advancements in grain harvesters.. say they managed to find a way to make the combine lighter while maintaining stability.. and then lets say the following year they take the same harvester model and manage to find a way to distribute the weight better.. so now u might have a harvester that holds considerably more than any model that has ever existed and can do so without compacting the soil.. then they hire a new engineer fresh out of school with ideas just as fresh.. after taking a long close look at the current header designs he creates a special carbide toothed header with a new belt design so suddenly u might be able to harvest at 12mph or more effectively with no crop loss or damage.. I think realistic modding is the same way.. so what if a mod pushes the envelope a little?! just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it falls out of the realm of realistic.. its called innovation for a reason
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

redglasses wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 am I mean generally un-realistic mods wont make it to consoles
So, a money cheat box is realistic? Where did you buy yours? I'd like to get one. :-P
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Oh that's easy if you need some dollars just do a visit to zimbabwe, there you can buy a lot of them for nearly nothing.

ok, back to topic: i doubt Giants would reject an unrealistic mod, if the mod is well made: as few as possible polygons, proper textures, no errors ofcourse and not made by JD :D
The problem is, that most modders don't want to do that, because vehicles like the holmer or grimme harvester are a lot of work and why build a new one for only a few players, if you could just do a small change for yourself in the xml files.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Changing the storage capacity isn´t that hard ... adding a container to a vehicle that has none is a bit more work.

The hard part for you is that you would have to have it published on the mod hub to be able to use it on your console?
If you are ready to pay "any amount" for this mod ... maybe invest in a PC instead and it would be a lot easier to get a hold of this kind of mods ... ;)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Root crops are heavy. That's why the capacity is low on the harvesters.

This game is an attempt at simulation. So unrealistic mods are not really within the scope of that idea.

If money is no object, get a PC. There are lots of unrealistic mods available. You could even create your own.

@jbordelon ~ Red said "generally". You realize that word implies exceptions, right?
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
jbordelon

Post by jbordelon »

Don't interfere with my sass.

I still want a 100 meter cultivator, that has to be moved from field to field by helicopter.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

markare wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:54 pm Why do you always do that Eric. They are called mods for a reason. Just because they don't exist IRL doesn't mean they can't be done. Stop debunking people's ideas. You do know the meaning of of the word mod don't you???
Because case I or whoever can make a complaint
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

jbordelon wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm
redglasses wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:36 am I mean generally un-realistic mods wont make it to consoles
So, a money cheat box is realistic? Where did you buy yours? I'd like to get one. :-P
"Generally meaning there were some exceptions, I knew someone would say this :neutralnew:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:46 pm driving this point a little further.. just because something hasn't been done doesn't mean it cant be.. they r called innovations for a reason.. lets say lizard brand were to make some major advancements in grain harvesters.. say they managed to find a way to make the combine lighter while maintaining stability.. and then lets say the following year they take the same harvester model and manage to find a way to distribute the weight better.. so now u might have a harvester that holds considerably more than any model that has ever existed and can do so without compacting the soil.. then they hire a new engineer fresh out of school with ideas just as fresh.. after taking a long close look at the current header designs he creates a special carbide toothed header with a new belt design so suddenly u might be able to harvest at 12mph or more effectively with no crop loss or damage.. I think realistic modding is the same way.. so what if a mod pushes the envelope a little?! just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it falls out of the realm of realistic.. its called innovation for a reason
True enough, but only to an extent.

As an engineer (who’s day job is literally to push the realm of what’s supposed to be “possible”), there are very real, practical limits, particularly when it comes to the size of things. Generally speaking, for any given material, things get heavier much faster than they get bigger. This is simply because the “thing” must, in addition to containing everything you might like to put in it, must also support itself. If you want it to also move, that makes it even heavier to deal with dynamic loads, etc. Also want it to last? It just got heavier again. This holds true for any given material, so even “light” materials can get (relatively) heavy rather quickly when pushed to extremes. (Don’t get me started on “Pacific Rim”, for instance. The physics problems there are almost enough to keep me from enjoying giant robots. Almost.)

Plus, there is the simple fact that the machines being asked for don’t exist. I suspect, from playing FS and having similar frustrations to the OP, that there is almost certainly a market for higher capacity machines. But, they don’t exist. That tells me that either they can’t make it work within the constraints required, maybe because the materials aren’t there, or because the materials required would make the machines so absurdly expensive that no one could afford them. Or, maybe, it is simply because they couldn’t put them on the road, due to the dimensions required for the volume you are talking about, or because they would sink through the pavement due to weight.

Take the Ropa Tiger 6: To achieve a capacity of “only” 43 cubic meters or so (that’s well over 1500 cubic feet to us Americans), the machine’s weight starts at roughly 73500 pounds, is over 13 ft tall (that’s folded for transport), is roughly 10 feet wide, and is over 49 feet long.

Obviously, to reach the requested 100 cubic meter capacity, it has to get bigger. But, we can’t easily make it taller because, well, trees, buildings, overpasses, etc. We can’t make it wider and still get down a road. So, it can only get longer. I’m guess-timating that the “tank” is (very) roughly 9m x 2.1m x 2.3m, and the only variable we have is length. So, we need to increase that 9m to over 20m to get the volume, and that’s ignoring space needed to reinforce the structure. That would then make the thing something like (at least) 85 ft long! Oh, and remember that you can’t make it articulate (bend) in the middle, so turns will be interesting.

So, even if you made it of “unobtanium” so that it was strong and light, it’s going to be so large you probably can’t maneuver it on a street (or even many fields), simply to contain the crop. That designing it for disassembling and reassembling between fields (which adds weight), plus requires transport vehicles, tools, etc. In that case, I can’t imagine that having to say, “Some assembly required, at every field, every year” would help sales much! :shock:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i completely understand the practical or in some cases impractical implications of what u r saying paradox.. having been around heavy equipment my whole life ive seen the scale that these things must be in to support any weight.. at a mill one time they were moving slabs of steel.. not sheet or coils but slabs.. just an estimate i would say these slabs were probably 10 ft long by a couple feet thick and several feet wide.. honestly its hard to say because as they were fresh out of the mold the only thing more notable than the heat radiating off of them was the size of the machine moving them.. my rig came up to just under mid height of the wheel.. these machines were MASSIVE.. they would drive over the slab and with what i can only describe as a huge clamp would put the squeeze on the slab and lift it a couple inches off the ground at best.. to date they were the biggest land machines ive been within close proximity to and ive seen some big ones.. my response was to eric.. he implied that simply cause it doesn't exist, that it couldn't exist.. but yea that's y i used a grain harvester as my example.. with a machine like that its a matter of reducing weight while maintaining stability.. yea maybe we don't have the tech yet to produce a machine like this on a mass scale but in the future which may or may not be too far off who is to say.. cheaper production methods r discovered every day.. heck it wasn't too many years ago mass producing solar panels for electricity wasn't practical for your average consumer but look where we r today.. u can outfit your entire house with sustainable renewable electricity for less than $10k here in the US and produce enough to get paid to pump back into the grid.. i didn't mean to make it seem like we could or should defy the laws of physics.. srry for the misunderstanding
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick