Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters

redglasses

Re: Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters

Post by redglasses »

I mean it could be done, but just like "big roy" it would be to large to be useful
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well ... the OP does not care for realism!
When it comes to mods you do not have to make anything bigger to be able to hold more ... just change the values ... :gamer: :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

What’s the point in a harvester holding 100000l if the largest trailer by BSM only and I say only holds 700000l
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

This is a game and everyone has his own way to play it, one plays only vanilla,the other with mods only onewith mroerealistic and the other with a Potatoes, Sugar Beets & Sugar Cane Harvesters with a 100k l tank. Don't take your playstyle and force it onto others.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

There are mod trailers available which hold ridiculous amounts, and it's quite easy to modify the capacity of a trailer to hold as much as you like, if that's your play style.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

OP stated that it needs to be for consoles...
My Discord
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:46 pm driving this point a little further.. just because something hasn't been done doesn't mean it cant be.. they r called innovations for a reason.. lets say lizard brand were to make some major advancements in grain harvesters.. say they managed to find a way to make the combine lighter while maintaining stability.. and then lets say the following year they take the same harvester model and manage to find a way to distribute the weight better.. so now u might have a harvester that holds considerably more than any model that has ever existed and can do so without compacting the soil.. then they hire a new engineer fresh out of school with ideas just as fresh.. after taking a long close look at the current header designs he creates a special carbide toothed header with a new belt design so suddenly u might be able to harvest at 12mph or more effectively with no crop loss or damage.. I think realistic modding is the same way.. so what if a mod pushes the envelope a little?! just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it falls out of the realm of realistic.. its called innovation for a reason
This is one of the most intelligent things ever wrote on these forums.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

redglasses wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:12 pm OP stated that it needs to be for consoles...
Oops, didn't check the op before posting, I must have misremembered it, sorry.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Ah no need to say sorry, I do it sometimes too :lol:
My Discord
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

There are a couple things to consider...first of all, in real life, it can't be done. It's not a matter of pushing the envelope or being innovative...there are just limits to what can be done. A harvester with 100k liter capacity is the equivalent of two semi haulers. As it was mentioned earlier, there are several factors that need to be considered...including road height and width clearances and weight limits. This doesn't even take into consideration the ability to transport. Heavy construction equipment that falls into this category is typically sent to a site, assembled and then stays on site...it doesn't move from location to location.

Right now, combines are pushing the limits of capacity whilst still being able to fit within road limitations. There's a reason those machines are built in the profile of a box.

Back to simulation or game playing...yes, I'm aware that some like to stretch the limits of reality. Personally, I don't see the point of eliminating even more challenging aspects of a game that is already overly simplified and repetitive. It would be reduced to the equivalent of watching paint dry. But, again, that's my personal opinion.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

maybe they will make harvesters that can **** wings and fly from field to field.. I mean honestly.. who cares.. in the end its up to giants as to what they will allow on console should a modder decide to attempt an upload like the OP was asking.. not us
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

juf.de wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:58 pm Oh that's easy if you need some dollars just do a visit to zimbabwe, there you can buy a lot of them for nearly nothing.

ok, back to topic: i doubt Giants would reject an unrealistic mod, if the mod is well made: as few as possible polygons, proper textures, no errors ofcourse and not made by JD :D
The problem is, that most modders don't want to do that, because vehicles like the holmer or grimme harvester are a lot of work and why build a new one for only a few players, if you could just do a small change for yourself in the xml files.

So you can change the capacity of harvesters etc in the xml files?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

On Pc, yes, however, you can't submit such a simple mod zu Giants for release on the Modhub, so it's for your own use only.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just as a reference ... (anything is possible in the world of FS17)

https://youtu.be/-Dash7B9igY?t=15m52s

BTW ... this actually can fly!
(Look at the entire clip to be amazed.)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

DeereJason wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:00 pm Back to simulation or game playing...yes, I'm aware that some like to stretch the limits of reality. Personally, I don't see the point of eliminating even more challenging aspects of a game that is already overly simplified and repetitive. It would be reduced to the equivalent of watching paint dry. But, again, that's my personal opinion.
Have to agree. I like using mods, but I'm always careful to make sure that its something that exists IRL or, in a few cases, its something that could exist. The way I see it, if you're using some of these impossible mods to simplify the gameplay, you might as well eliminate it entirely and use the money cube mod. Having said that, its great that everyone can enjoy FS in their own way for their own reasons.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1