Turning grass into hay on 4x maps?

StoneC0ld

Turning grass into hay on 4x maps?

Post by StoneC0ld »

Is there any other way to turn grass into hay without using tedders?

I know there's not going to be any other updates/bugfixes to FS17, so I know that the bug will not be fixed in FS17 that results in tedders not working on 4x maps while running in any direction but true north. I just finished with my first round of mowing grass on UMRV, and like RSV before it, I can't do every last bit of tedding (teddering?) going from south to north....
So, now I'm stuck with the hay collection I need.... Is there a mod or anything available that can turn grass into hay without a tedder, or do I need to "cheat" with a placeable silo and savegame editing?
juf.de

Re: Turning grass into hay on 4x maps?

Post by juf.de »

I do not know of any mod, which does that, but as a workaround you could pick up the remaining grass with a loading waggon /foragewaggon or whatever it is called, move it to another location and do the dtedding there.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Wait was it ever decided if it was a map issue or a game issue with 4x maps
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Alright thanks, cause I know rattle snake valley has the tedding problem
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Loess Hill Country is a 4x map which I played for a bit, I made over 1000 hay bales and never had any issues with tedders.
I'd say the issue is caused by the map.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

It's a map issue. It happens when the map maker doesn't resize all the files. I'm at work so I don't have a map file to look at but I think they're called grle files or something.

I'm currently playing on Tazewell County and tedding hay works perfect on it.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

If I were to figure out how to resize these grle files, would that destroy or otherwise screw up my current savegame?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Collect the grass with a baler ... but before it is full ... collect some hay ... ta daa ... hay bale comes out!
But this only works for bales ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

StoneC0ld wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:47 pm If I were to figure out how to resize these grle files, would that destroy or otherwise screw up my current savegame?
The 2 files are fruit_density.gdm and terrainDetailHeight_density.gdm and are located in the map01 folder usually. It's not super hard to do, but kinda confusing. Yes I assume it would mess up a save game and it actually messes up the map. When I resized them on a 4x map it put grass everywhere so you'd have to spend hours redoing every bit of the maps foliage. But, I cleaned up a few fields and tested it and grass worked perfect.

I followed instructions I found somewhere, but I can't seem to find them now. :sadnew: Basically you use the GRLE Converter from Giants GDN site to make png files, resize them to 8192x8192 I believe for a 4x map, and replace them in map01 folder (remove .gdm and leave .png there), then open the map in Giants Editor and save the map and close.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Thanks

For now, I just baled up the grass as quickly as I could (I'm using Seasons) to minimize the deterioration, saved and quit, and used Find&Replace in Notepad++ to change all the grass bales to hay bales. But, once I finish the fall harvest (or over the winter, whichever is more practical), I may look into fixing the GRLE files... Or may change maps to one that already has properly-sized files...
empato

Post by empato »

You can also use placeables like this one.

https://forbidden-mods.de/filebase/file ... atzierbar/

Fill grass in and also some straw or wood chips as combustible material and get out hay.