FS19 we need this

Bhcc

Re: FS19 we need this

Post by Bhcc »

gamertag Jeff Z7 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm Console. We need the ability to turn on/off switch-able vehicles, sort of like trains but a bit more detailed. Like, I want to make my combine non switch-able during winter & spring. Turn off my wood chipper until I need it.

Also, Power grids; placeable power lines, generators that use fuel, ect.
Love the lawnmower. We are on our 2nd. They last forever. With our older one, I have free reign to ride around the neighborhood (in the country and not a subdivision also) and dad mows with the newer one. :mrgreen:
gamertag Jeff Z7

Post by gamertag Jeff Z7 »

Thank you. Love my little 68' JD 110. Traded an 86 Chevy C10 for it already restored. We've had some good times together.
hoop17

Post by hoop17 »

Back to the original post about placeable placing. Just a grid square overlay would help immensely.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Oh ya, especially when placing garages over other placeables like shelves and pressure washers
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

hoop17 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 am Back to the original post about placeable placing. Just a grid square overlay would help immensely.
this is a good idea
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

gamertag Jeff Z7 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm Console. We need the ability to turn on/off switch-able vehicles, sort of like trains but a bit more detailed. Like, I want to make my combine non switch-able during winter & spring. Turn off my wood chipper until I need it
I always wanted a dead zone building. A machine shed that once you parked your combine or tractor or any switchable thing inside. It would no longer be in the switching lineup. You would switch to the entrance of the building so you would have access to your parked machinery. But the actual vehicle inside would be invisible to your switching. Right now i have so many machines that going through them all is a chore (and i always seem to go the wrong direction) being able to park the combine in a building and not have to cycle through it when its not the season for it would be very nice. With a building like that i could actually have a use for the machine shed .
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

^^^ This is an excellent idea. I am starting to run into the same problem on my big farm.

I have seen some PC mods for grouping vehicles into tabbable arrangements, but I have never tried one. Of course on console that does you little good anyway.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Jagtractor wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:18 pm
gamertag Jeff Z7 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm Console. We need the ability to turn on/off switch-able vehicles, sort of like trains but a bit more detailed. Like, I want to make my combine non switch-able during winter & spring. Turn off my wood chipper until I need it
I always wanted a dead zone building. A machine shed that once you parked your combine or tractor or any switchable thing inside. It would no longer be in the switching lineup. You would switch to the entrance of the building so you would have access to your parked machinery. But the actual vehicle inside would be invisible to your switching. Right now i have so many machines that going through them all is a chore (and i always seem to go the wrong direction) being able to park the combine in a building and not have to cycle through it when its not the season for it would be very nice. With a building like that i could actually have a use for the machine shed .
Ya that would be super cool, I agree running into a combine when its the middle of winter is annoying
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
W1der

Post by W1der »

Jagtractor wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:18 pm
BUMP ...

Also include a MP feature, that only the admin can start the engine or attach an implement on a vehicle/tool parked inside this building ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Or add an owner to each implement and let the owner decide how he handle his equipment
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
fhinze

Post by fhinze »

If there is one thing that annoys me, it's the fact that the shrubs etc. protrude through the equipment, including cabins of Vehicles and trailers. If Giants could somehow make the grass, shrubs, etc. pass 'underneath' the vehicles instead of through them, as you drive a long; That would be a real improvement! This is 2018 (going on 2019) after all. I imagine this could mean a fundamental change in the Giants Engine. In order to prevent certain objects\items\textures from being 'painted' on top of other objects. Perhaps layer the objects in priorities. Meaning that higher Priority Objects don't get painted over with lower priority objects. Meaning Vehicle objects would have a higher priority than grass and shrub objects and therefore the Grass and shrubs cannot be painted 'on top' of the vehicle objects as you pass through them? But in all honesty, I actually have no idea how to best achieve this. I just know that if it would be achieved it would be really awesome and make an already great game, even better. Here's to hoping...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Thats annoying esp with tall crops
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I agree that would be a nice change to not vacation crops coming in the cab with me and also to not have rain coming through the roof of my buildings but i trust giants in what they’ll bring to the game every two years
darnit696

Post by darnit696 »

I hope someone from Giants is reading this.

Wish list
- All the eye candy you are already working on. Then...
- Ability to decide where you want to build your Cow shed, pig yard, Sheep pen.
- Ability to assign pastures to animal types. A pasture will have a capacity to carry animals depending on type. THEN depending on complexity desired - animals will need to be moved to the the appropriate building to be milked/shorn/turned into bacon. Perhaps create "herds". A herd occupies a field. Selecting "move to Shed" will initiate a timer variable on how far from the shed the field is. Same timer could work if you moved animals between fields. Extra activities/options around this could be :- yield per animal changing based on pasture type or state. EG Animals grazing recently harvested fields.
- Each pasture will have a growth rate and then a grazing rate determined by the number of animals. Over grazing will result in the pasture having to be resown.

All this because currently the animals don't feel right to me. It feels too locked in. Currently its a case of "There is the cow shed". Go buy cows. Feed x plus y. Keep it clean and your'e a winner. This could be so much more engaging with more options to challenge the farmer in each on of us to get the best yield and profit out of our animals.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

And the ability to paint your barns/buildings
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .