FS19 we need this

W1der

Re: FS19 we need this

Post by W1der »

But we already have it (sort of) ... if you have not noticed ... :lol:

But after playing 10 hours you are "maxed out" and you forget about it ... :mrgreen:

Mainly I had "Multi Player" in mind for this ... as this game mode is to messy (open games).
This needs a complete over haul anyways, so maybe GIANTS has a better idea for it ... who knows.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

W1der wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:14 pm But we already have it (sort of) ... if you have not noticed ... :lol:

But after playing 10 hours you are "maxed out" and you forget about it ... :mrgreen:

Mainly I had "Multi Player" in mind for this ... as this game mode is to messy (open games).
This needs a complete over haul anyways, so maybe GIANTS has a better idea for it ... who knows.
W1der I like your idea and I've thought a lot about it myself. Likewise I agree the existing achievements mechanic is very underwhelming. I was picturing XP as a sort of indicator of skill/progress/achievement/effort spent as you are describing (not as a traditional "level up - power up" mechanic like it is often used in other genres of games). Almost more of a "score".

You could be awarded XP for some combination and permuation of total time played, net worth of the farm, total crop and animal sales, area worked, value of machinery owned, total hours on tractors... there are a host of variables that could apply so that many different playstyles would still accumulate valid XP. Maybe it could unlock different small features of the game, maybe it could give access to some limited-edition DLC, maybe it gives you a neat little badge in the corner of the screen that labels your experience level "Neophyte", "Plough Hand", "Super Farmer", "Master Farmer" etc :lol: or maybe it does nothing at all and just gives people another little thing to talk about. There was a whole thread on this forum about people's random statistical achievements, so there is definitely some interest in those types of things.
Vdubbin

Post by Vdubbin »

I agree to an extent the item locking idea. Moreso would push for that being optional ('Realistic' vs 'Casual').
Farmer Ranking algorithm example:
Total Ha planted and harvested (if one of these is not completed then the crop is not rendered in the rank). I don't think it needs over complication, but you can add other contributions to the ranking such as:
New animals bred ( __xp per new animal)
Successful setup for animals (base XP rate)
Animal happiness (___xp per hour of 95%+ happiness)
Fertilization bonus (extra process can add 50% of a
Ha to your ranking)
Purchases (5% of items bought contribute to ranking - disabled by the money mods)
Seasons mod -
Snow cleanup (__xp per 1000L moved)

Ranking can automatically lock items at their pricing point or category (no need for modders to add this trait). And can be disabled by the game functions.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Using helper should not add anything to your "rank" ... (this could motivate players to do more things "manually").

It would be nice to have a "GIANTS account" to go with this ... (especially for MP reasons).
This would be a way to help sort out the trolls from the game. (I heard a rumor that GIANTS competitors are paying trolls to mess the MP servers up.) ... :hmm:

If someone with a low "rank" joins you would know that this person might need some extra guidance or possibly someone looking to cause trouble.
If this was implemented it would also be able to ban someone more permanently ... or to keep track of your friends.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Sawing technique also need to be revamped. Nobody saw the tree like that. You need to saw a little piece(V shape) from the side that you want that tree fall.
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Imagine if the chainsaw mechanism was swapped for a flamethrower for burning weeds out of the ditches/besides roads..

Edit: or the handwasher.. Click to activate flamethrower :coolnew: *thumbsup*
I make jokes that others don't get.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No no no on xp points thing
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I haven’t done much multiplayer but I’ve heard enough to know that trolls can cause terrible things to a farm so I think the idea of a kinda level to represent how much people play and how much of the game they try to do right is interesting and could possibly help but under no conditions should equipment ever need to be unlocked I think if you have the money you should be able to buy it
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Would like to have something like a spool backwards feature until I plow parts of the scenery I shouldn't have done ...
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
beanie_D3

Post by beanie_D3 »

We need 3d textures in the fields, console needs hazard lights and beacon reflections and we need a better admin system
beanie_D3

Post by beanie_D3 »

diar1410 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:39 pm FS19: It would be interesting for Giants to develop an Android app that can be synchronized with the console game and can manage some simple things like see prices of products, offers, growth are just examples.

Edit don_apple: moved to FS19 feature request topic.
Not just Android - please just an app, don't start this argument.
beanie_D3

Post by beanie_D3 »

Natural growth of weeds Nd grass in fields. Also the choice between pesticide and herbicide. Mixing your own seed/fertilizer, seed brand choices. The ability to lock down vehicles to trailers. More business opportunities like restoring and selling machinery. The ability to buy used machinery. All these would add to the realism. Also for the hardcore mode, you start from nothing. You have to buy land and a farm. You have to contract until you have enough. The ability to sell farms etc would be nice too. :biggrin2:
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

^^some of that could be touched on in FS19, some maybe in the future. Name brand seed is doubtful. Reason being is that most are owned by major corporations that are tied to chemicals. Martin Rabl, head of Giants, has already publicly stated that he won't make a deal with a chemical company...and has already told Monsanto "no".

My personal take on this is two fold. One, if Giants doesn't want to take on contriversy by associating with a specific chemical company, i can indersramd that because it could bring unwanted attention..and actually hurt the company.

The other aspect is herbicides, pesticides , fungicides and fertilizer in general. We've always had fertilizers and it appears that herbicides are coming. A company tie-in is one thing, but there are aspects of farming that shouldn't be ignored for moral reasons...because that would be a disservice to farming in general.

Instead, show the alternatives and let the player decide their course. Offer both organic and non-organic options. Organic crops can make a premium at sale time, but cost more to produce as well.

I'm not that concerned with seed brands or chemical brands. Giants isn't going to give one seed company a better yield anyway. It's not like equipment branding. Most people (farmers or not) could identify a John Deere combine or tractor while driving down the road. Even the best seed developers couldn't tell you what brand of seed is planted in your field (unless a sign is posted by it).
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

beanie_D3 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:25 am We need 3d textures in the fields, console needs hazard lights and beacon reflections and we need a better admin system
Do console users have enough controller combinations left to use beacons and indicators?

I only ask as I know indicators/hazards are already implemented on consoles but you need a keyboard to activate them.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

R1 and down button are free