Issues planting grass with seasons.

Twisted1851

Issues planting grass with seasons.

Post by Twisted1851 »

So I’m not sure exactly what is going on, I’ve tried planting grass 4-5 different times in different seasons and everything, but almost every time they immediately change to ‘harvested’, with the exception of once, they grew all through summer, then the first midnight of autumn and they are reset again. Grass is the only crop I’m having issues with.
empato

Re: Issues planting grass with seasons.

Post by empato »

To help, more informations are needed. Are you playing on PC or console? Do you use any Geo Mod? Which seasons exactly did you try to plant the grass? Ar you using any other mod beside seasons that is changing the growth system?
Twisted1851

Post by Twisted1851 »

Sorry it’s on console, I’ve tried with and without geo mod. Tried planting in all seasons except winter. No additional growth mods.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Are you saying that the grass doesn't grow if you leave it in the field? The first stage after sowing is harvested (weird I know) and grass doesn't grow every transition like other crops, just certain times of year.
These factors could make it seem like the grass isn't growing, but given enough time, it should do.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Twisted1851

Post by Twisted1851 »

Okay maybe I’m just not giving it enough time. It is showing harvested immediately following planting. I’ll give it awhile longer and see what happens.
empato

Post by empato »

The first green stage should be visible two transitions after you planted the grass.
So for example if you plant in mid spring, it will show "harvested"at end of spring but will change to green in beginning summer.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

When you plant grass it is at growth state 1. Then once it's able to germinate and grow it will go to state 2, as per the growth pattern. State 2 for grass is the same state that grass goes to when it's harvested. So your grass is growing, but the Esc menu overview registers this state as "harvested". Growth states 3 and 4 are harvestable and your grass that is showing as "harvested" will go to state 3 after the next possible growth transition. That's just how grass works

Do bear in mind that grass does not grow every transition as well.

Edit to add: Grass does get reset to 2 at the beginning of winter, but Seasons will never "kill" grass, so it does not matter when you plant it. It will always eventually germinate and grow.