Pacific Northwest map

epideath

Re: Pacific Northwest map

Post by epideath »

The map doesn't support sugar cane or pellets right now, I was looking into adding sugar cane not sure how difficult this would be as I started this map before sugar cane DLC was out, I still need to buy the DLC so I can test it. As far as pellets go, I haven't looked in to that at all, I don't have the DLC so I might be able to examine another map that has it and see what it takes. But I would have no means of testing it right now.

@Metal Moss I may be confused but as far as sell points at sawmill and Bio Plant goes they have wood chips only.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

Thank you for the update! I like the changes you made just enough to make it a bit easier and still feel like small time farmer working his way up.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

epideath wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:34 pm The map doesn't support sugar cane or pellets right now, I was looking into adding sugar cane not sure how difficult this would be as I started this map before sugar cane DLC was out, I still need to buy the DLC so I can test it. As far as pellets go, I haven't looked in to that at all, I don't have the DLC so I might be able to examine another map that has it and see what it takes. But I would have no means of testing it right now.

@Metal Moss I may be confused but as far as sell points at sawmill and Bio Plant goes they have wood chips only.
Is there a way to make fertilizer and seed on the map. I see all kinds of storage points but I feel like I am missing the thing that makes it
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
epideath

Post by epideath »

No way to make fertilizer but there is a seed master at the storage hub across from the cow farm. next to the forage and pig food mixers.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Anyone else have a issue with hired workers after merging fields with the removable hedges? I combined feilds 29-35 but when i hire a worker they stop where hedges were and work the fields like the hedges are still there
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

P.S merging fields without hedges and just trees for a border works fine. I combined 18 and 19 and its no problem for hired workers, they treat it like 1 field as they should
epideath

Post by epideath »

I just did some test merges of fields 34 with 35 and 29 with 31. Hired workers seem to be working OK for me. I will continue testing to try and duplicate what you are have.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Only spot the hired worker stops is where the hedges used to be. Anywhere i joined fields without the hedges works fine. Its odd. I even tried plowing the whole field myself with create a field active and when i tried to hire a worker to fertilize they still stop and turn around where the hedges used to be
epideath

Post by epideath »

I've tried everything I can think of to try and recreate this problem. I loaded version 1.0 and cut hedges and trees and then merged the fields. That worked, I then installed version 1.1 without deleting the splitshapes file. and re-cut the hedges and trees, that worked. I then deleted the splitshapes file as I suggested and that is working. Now I haven't done the entire area of fields that you did, but I merged 4 of them together and It works with fertilizer, seed, and cultivator. I would really like to know if anyone else is having this issue. I don't think there is anything special about my computer setup, its actually fairly old. Now I'm not running any other mods except the money tool and tardis, so I don't know if there is another mod that might be conflicting with something. I'll keep diggin.

On a side note this did bring to my attention that there is a part of a removable hedge foliage in the field 32. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. There is also one gold nugget that is inaccessible although it can be collected by parking a vehicle real close to the bridge and exiting the vehicle into the bridge. I will be doing a minor update soon to fix these two little issues.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Removing mods is my next step. Though i dont really have any mods other tractors and equipment but u never know. If it is mods ill probly just open GE and delete the hedges i need removed. I actually just tried to remove that small piece of hedge while i had GE open but no luck i couldnt select it. Great map though i havent played in awhile but decided to check out some of the new maps and your is my favorite hands down. Just wish the cows and mixers were up top buy sheep or farm. All well. Great job
epideath

Post by epideath »

Thanks for the kind words.

That's odd that you can't select a hedge in GE. I know you can't select the 'hedge_oak' part directly but the main hedge you should be able to click on and select. is there just one piece of hedge that is giving you a problem? or the whole length of the field?
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

I can select the hedges ok. Theres just that 1 lil peice that you were talking about thats i believe in feild 32. Its not actually in the hedge row its in the feild a few meters.
epideath

Post by epideath »

Yes that one you have to select the hedge that is pretty much straight west of it and that will select the piece in the field. You can then select the hedge_oak under that hedge and delete it.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Got the hedges i wanted removed in GE no problem. Come across an issue at the snake oil delivery point though. I was using the man dump truck and trailer and when i pulled the truck ahead to dump the trailer the doors closed and sent truck and trailer flying then lodged it into the lightpost and barries. Anuway to maybe turn off the auto doors?
epideath

Post by epideath »

That's odd, I tested with truck and Krampe 59000 liter tipper. I went through both ways and there wasn't a problem. even went right to the edges of the trigger. Drove through real slow as it dumped and they never closed. The only simple thing that you could do is just delete them with giants editor.

What tipper were you using, I tried to use the largest vanilla game items when testing, are you using a mod tipper?