Pacific Northwest map

Greymantle1

Re: Pacific Northwest map

Post by Greymantle1 »

What Geo mod should you use if any with your map?
epideath

Post by epideath »

There is a custom geo that is built into this map. But you can choose any other geo that you may like and it will override the settings.
Juiceua83

Post by Juiceua83 »

Probably the best map in this game great job..
I have almost 100 hours into the map I found a few thing’s I figured out let you know hopefully you can get it fixed I looked through the forms and didn’t see anything about it but it is a beta and problems will always arise. Since your last update it has been freezing my PC when I go from the The town up the hill to the farm I have removed all mods and tried it that way and still has the same issue it also happens when you’re in the pause menu for too long I’ve been talking with Giants about it the last two days and that’s the conclusion. Also minor in comparison the manure in the cow area there about 10,000 L is underneath the map I have found no way to fix it. Again great map I am planning playing only on it until 19 comes out. Sorry to talk to your off. Thank’s *thumbsup*
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

I'm not sure if anyone is having this issue but I can't get seasons to skip the night anymore. I'm using your custom geo and no time mods.
Juiceua83

Post by Juiceua83 »

Auto save mod and real time mod seem to be giving this map problems. I would try not using any time mod at all
epideath

Post by epideath »

@Juiceua83 thanks for your input, I am aware of these issues and working on a fix for them, priority has been and remains the freeze issue. I don't know when I will have an update for this issue.

@Greymantle1 I have not seen this yet, I use seasons and map auto save and fast forward mod. I use the fast forward mod to get to 20:00 or later then use skip night before midnight, and I haven't had any problems so far. I will keep an eye out for this. Seasons skip night will only work from 20:00 to 23:59.

And I do appreciate your feedback good or bad.
Greymantle1

Post by Greymantle1 »

epideath wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm @Juiceua83 thanks for your input, I am aware of these issues and working on a fix for them, priority has been and remains the freeze issue. I don't know when I will have an update for this issue.

@Greymantle1 I have not seen this yet, I use seasons and map auto save and fast forward mod. I use the fast forward mod to get to 20:00 or later then use skip night before midnight, and I haven't had any problems so far. I will keep an eye out for this. Seasons skip night will only work from 20:00 to 23:59.

And I do appreciate your feedback good or bad.
The issue is it hangs with skip night and I have to close down the game. I can load other maps with the same mods with no issues.
Last edited by Greymantle1 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juiceua83

Post by Juiceua83 »

Thank you for paying attention to the feedback from people playing your map. I’m glad you know about the freezing issue I thought it was the hard drive in my PC big relief I just wanted to let you know that it was occurring.... Along with the Manure being under the map in the cow area.. If there is snow on the ground the cleanliness area Of The pigs cows and sheep doesn’t stay contained in front of the feeding trough it spread’s everywhere as if it is the snow.. keep up the good work man this map is going to be great when it’s finished. BTW What part of the north west is it kind of looks like Lewiston id Clarkston wa area Where the Clearwater and snake River meet
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Hi there
I saw you have the digitalamnountmover install (no guarantee for the correct name) were can you buy seeds and fertiliser in bulk on the map?
kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
epideath

Post by epideath »

bulk can be bought at the garden center in town
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I dont know about the bugs yet, but this is one of the most complete and detailed maps that i ever seen. Plenty of rubbish stuff, old and broken vehicles on your main farm, i even found an abandoned truck. In other words the map looks so natural and genuine unlike other maps, that are just too beautiful and perfect.

I dont mind, if this map become one of fs 19 official maps.
RabidDawg

Post by RabidDawg »

Very excited that you are talking about porting this map to console. I grew up about 45 minutes east of Lewiston. So this is a +1 asking kindly. *thumbsup*
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Skip the night feature doesnt working on this map.
epideath

Post by epideath »

@RabidDawg
I would love to get it on console someday. I think it won't happen until FS19 if then. It is up to Giants to decide which mods will get converted to console. It requires a lot of work on their side as well as the modders side. I'm willing to jump through the hoops. But as we are getting close to FS19 release I doubt they will have time to convert. Also because I'm a new map maker, this is my first. I'm not sure when Giants would be willing to convert. The map has to be put in non-beta first. Which I will request after the next update, but it is entirely up to Giants. That being said, if after the next release I find that there are no more issues cropping up I may just request it, all they can say is no. I don't know how long it takes to convert a map to console, and what has to be given up due to the consoles limitations. I know no scripts are allowed, which is easy especially after this update.

@1992Tadej1992
Thanks for the kind words about the map. It has been a long journey of learning and creating. About a year in development so far, with over 1000 hours of time in learning Giants editor and restarting the map several times until I was happy with the basic layout. then it was just spending tons of time doing detail work, which I'm finding has no end, you just have to call it at some point :)

As far as skipping night, although I have never seen this happen, there has been an issue with the game randomly freezing, and this may be related. This has been my priority to fix, and I believe that it has been fixed. I have ran over 12 hours straight, playing, doing missions and in pause mode, with no issues. I plan to do a more complete and lengthy test to make sure that it isn't happening any more. The next update will require a new game start, unfortunately :(

There are only a few scripts that i'm leaving on the map, I'm following in BulletBill's thoughts that scripts are hard to make sure they are up to date, and they could have unknown conflicts, etc. Also most of the scripts I removed can be replaced with placeable items so gameplay won't change that drastically if the placeables are placed on the map.

Also I have been finalizing the map as far as final visual details and a bunch of other stuff I hope to make the map even better. I would like to thank the you-tubers that did gameplay videos as I was able to see how they played and it helped in fixing a few issues or making thing a bit better. Do to the game freeze I was forced to remove the additional fruit and some other scripts that were causing these issues.

Also I'm still testing but I believe I will have sugar cane working in seasons. I had this working on an update based on the previous release but due to the drastic changes from the game freezes I will need to test again, I believe that it will work tough. Also the previous release the sugar cane didn't regrow properly, I believe this will work on this release, but still needs testing.

Thanks to all for the good reviews even with the previous map freeze issues, I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the map, sets a high bar for my next map lol.

Not sure when the update will happen. I hope to get it sent off to modhub this week sometime. And if it goes through without errors it normally takes modhub about a week to finalize.
This is the planned final release of the map, barring any bugs that crop up, hopefully none.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to respond to the comments here the best I can and give a detailed state of the map.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just to clarify something, Giants don't decide if a mod gets converted or not, that's down to the modder and if they want to spend the time doing it.