Property Maintenance in FS17

dah.jr

Property Maintenance in FS17

Post by dah.jr »

Hi. How is property maintenance calculated in FS17? Since day one it has been slowly ticking up and as of now has passed over $2,000 a day. All I have/had (I just sold off EVERYTHING - including 5 wind energy converters) was a brand new truck and all the buildings/structures on the farm. Like I said, I sold everything off and now own nothing...just to test. But minus the new truck I had bought, I can’t see where that cost is coming from. I used the train silos a couple times and read somewhere that you’re charged a fee in maintenance for using them but that was a long time ago and they are empty, so I can’t see this as the issue. I’m just stumped. What gives? Is this a bug? This is being played on the PS4. UPDATE - after selling off everything and letting one day pass it seems the property maintenance has zeroed out. Letting another day pass to check before I reload the game with all I had. Now I’m confused. There is no in-game data showing any costs in maintenance for these structures. That needs to be fixed. Will these costs keep rising out of control leaving me to forever work to keep ahead? Not that I’m hurting with 5 wind converters. Hardly. Just a number I’d like to understand fully. One final thing if this has to do with aging structures on my farm, you SHOULD have the ability to repair these structures to fix this IMO.
redglasses

Re: Property Maintenance in FS17

Post by redglasses »

I think its based on fields you own, not off of vehicles, that's its own category
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
dah.jr

Post by dah.jr »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 am
redglasses wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 am I think its based on fields you own, not off of vehicles, that's its own category
Its based on placeables, not fields. I think the OP gets that but his question is how do they actually get the cost.
Yea, I get it’s based on the placeables, I already tested that. Just confusing a bit as I fail to see any in-game data for it. For vehicles you at least see where it costs you per hour. Or day. For everything else it’s just not there and like I said, would be nice to be able to repair these structures without having to sell and rebuy, assuming this will work.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ok then whats the cost for land maintenance?
My Discord
dah.jr

Post by dah.jr »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 pm Doesnt it give you the cost of the daily maintenance in the shop when you buy it?
They do have how much it will cost you per day, if there is a cost but the property maintenance keeps ticking higher with each passing day and I haven’t added anything new. So that’s telling me the cost of maintenance for these structures increase with age but there’s no in-game data that I can see and unfortunately no way to make any repairs to negate this cost other than selling and just rebuying and replacing which can get to be a royal...pain in the
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:57 pm there is no cost for land maintenance
you have vehicle running costs, animal upkeep, and property maintenance (which applies to placeables)
oh ok, I always thought there was land upkeep
My Discord
Guil

Post by Guil »

What map is it on? If you are storing crops at a train station or rented storage you get charged property maintenance for that too.
dah.jr

Post by dah.jr »

Guil wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 am What map is it on? If you are storing crops at a train station or rented storage you get charged property maintenance for that too.
No crops are stored. Goldcrest Valley. Level - hard. If that helps any.