Collecting straw

masterplan

Collecting straw

Post by masterplan »

Why does collecting straw count towards harvested hectares and why on earth does collenting 50 000 L of straw (one Strautman loader wagon) count as 5,21 harvested ha?

FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Re: Collecting straw

Post by RODHA »

Jeez... And I thought you first harvest then collect the straw :biggrin2:
Well may be because straw is a harvest product.
Now I wonder what happens if I dump a harvester load of grain onto the ground and then collect it with a loading wagon :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 am Jeez... And I thought you first harvest then collect the straw :biggrin2:
Well may be because straw is a harvest product.
Now I wonder what happens if I dump a harvester load of grain onto the ground and then collect it with a loading wagon :hmm:
Harvest --> save --> quit --> load --> collect straw. 5,21 ha as of one loader wagon.
That wouldn't work. Loader wagon doesn't react to heaps. It can, however, collect grass spilled by cows.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yes you are right. Totally missed that one. What I really meant was if I collect the grain from the ground, would it also count as harvested ha? I should try that.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Perhaps you could fill straw to a tipper with grain door and try to create a row similar to the one from harvester. This could work... If you have nothing better to do. You should own a huge farm, then you wouldn't have time for such experiments. :-P
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Got the message. But I don't think time issue is related to the size of the farm. It is more related to a 4 legged fat creature I guess :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
STL

Post by STL »

To harvest is to collect. When you harvest wheat for example, you are collecting the wheat seed. When you collect the straw you are harvesting the straw. Same as with logging, it's called harvesting wood. I would guess the field you harvested the straw from was a 5.21 ha. field. Remember the straw didn't just come from the rows left behind the harvester. It was standing in the whole field prior to harvesting the wheat.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

STL wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:58 pm To harvest is to collect. When you harvest wheat for example, you are collecting the wheat seed. When you collect the straw you are harvesting the straw. Same as with logging, it's called harvesting wood. I would guess the field you harvested the straw from was a 5.21 ha. field. Remember the straw didn't just come from the rows left behind the harvester. It was standing in the whole field prior to harvesting the wheat.
I know that, but believe me, that 50 000 L of straw is now from 5,21 ha of wheat / barley. IIRC in-game we get 75k L of straw from 1 ha. So 50k L of straw comes from roughly 0,7 ha. ;-)
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

So, Why is bailing it not harvesting it? Or is it and am I missing something? Baling does everything that STL said harvesting is so am I getting something wrong?
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Questionnaire wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm So, Why is bailing it not harvesting it? Or is it and am I missing something? Baling does everything that STL said harvesting is so am I getting something wrong?
It definitely is. My dad & I do "custom harvesting" with our equipment & thats the literal definition for swathing & baling. Also "bailing" is what happens after you harvest a field that isn't yours. :biggrin2:
I make jokes that others don't get.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Questionnaire wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm So, Why is bailing it not harvesting it? Or is it and am I missing something? Baling does everything that STL said harvesting is so am I getting something wrong?
I'm afraid you are. I'm not arguing that collecting / baling straw is not harvesting. It might be, why not. What I argue with and see as a bug, is that collecting 50 000 L of straw registeres as if I harvested 5,21 ha. This is non-sense. Those 50 000 L of straw come from 0,7 ha of harvested wheat / barley.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Just a second. It seems I also completely got it wrong.
You are saying it was actually 0,7 ha of harvested crop that gave you 50k straw but the game shows it like it was a 5,21ha harvest. Is that the case?
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 am Just a second. It seems I also completely got it wrong.
You are saying it was actually 0,7 ha of harvested crop that gave you 50k straw but the game shows it like it was a 5,21ha harvest. Is that the case?
Yes! That's the point! The yield of straw, IIRC and as mentioned before, is approx. 75 000 L from 1 ha.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Wow... Thats a bad bug. Not that I really check those numbers regularly but if I'm to get those numbers for planning my next year in seasons I would just end up with a stupid amount of straw instead of what I actually needed. I think you should file a bug report.
PS5 / FS22