Farming Classics

Dusty1424

Re: Farming Classics

Post by Dusty1424 »

The Legend that is DOGFACE :biggrin2: Have to agree with everything said previously though , you have done a great job bringing this pack over to fs17 , and the updates add to the enjoyment of using them , a big thanks from me also *thumbsup*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Kudos for the pack, but its not the same without the bale loader.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I guess I'm the one voice of dissension here... I don't really like the pack.

I know shoot me. The tractors are a nightmare to work with. It seems like it takes a full minute to get going after you back up. The seeder and fert spreader need refilled like a million times, even on a smaller field. Well not that many, but they sure don't hold much.

The bales wouldn't work with a bale fork for some reason, so it seems like they gotta be stacked by hand. And you get like 500 of em on a decent field. I don't know this for sure, but I don't think you could wrap them.

There is no harvester that I know of, so if you are role-playing an all old equipment play through, you are stuck using new combines. It's the same with the sprayer. There is an olderish combine in the modhub, but no sprayer to match.

Sorry to rain on the parade, just giving my opinion.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Bison combine is ideal to use , there are drawbacks to this mod but with a little imagination and the right map it lets you play at a different pace ,you have to go with the flow and regress 60 years :biggrin2:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

The bizon combine is from the eighties, I think. It might even be from the nineties. It's not quite old enough to mesh well with the pack.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

I know but it's got that old look and feel to it
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Great Job Dogface on this pack. I Love It. And you can't make everyone happy,, especially the ones that put down everything............. 5 out of 5 *thumbsup* ................. Again Thank You :hi:
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

It is a valid point that these tractors and tools are more difficult to use than most equipment. For a lot of us that is actually the attraction of the Giants Classic Farming DLC. But not everyone is going to enjoy that element.

I assume that any comment that a mod does not include an additional piece of equipment, is a statement of desire, and not a criticism.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

It is indeed :biggrin2: go on mod us a combine *thumbsup*
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Dogface wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:54 pm I assume that any comment that a mod does not include an additional piece of equipment, is a statement of desire, and not a criticism.
This is exactly what I was feeling, without realizing it until I read it. You're a smart cookie.

I too often speak my mind, I wasn't critiquing the mod or the modder, I was sharing my experience playing with it. It works like it should, it looks good, I just didn't enjoy it.

Fred53-ITA

Post by Fred53-ITA »

Today i've started a gameplay on De Terra Italica and i selled all the tractors and changed them with a Deutz D80, a Lindner BF450 and a Massey Ferguson 600 2WD from the BSM pack, plus i selled all the equipment for 3 cultivators, 3 plows, 2 balers, (one from the classic pack and the other from the MF pack) 2 fertilizer spreaders (the classic one and the MF model) a Poettinger rake, a Fahr tedder and some more equipment. And i still have more than 500k!

This pack is great and i really enjoy playing with it.

Last thing: can someone create a weight mod for all the tractors of the pack? I had some issues with the Huerlimann and a Ransomes plow on another save game because the tractor is too light on the front. Thanks for reading.
Probably playing FS17 on De Terra Italica or Estancia Lapacho, with a MF 600 by BlackSheep-Modding or one of the tractors from the Farming Classics' pack by Dogface.
Or maybe i'm playing FS19 on Campaign of France or ItalianRiceXL with a FIAT 1300 and a Fiatagri 180-90 by Peppe978.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Dogface wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:54 pm It is a valid point that these tractors and tools are more difficult to use than most equipment. For a lot of us that is actually the attraction of the Giants Classic Farming DLC. But not everyone is going to enjoy that element.

I assume that any comment that a mod does not include an additional piece of equipment, is a statement of desire, and not a criticism.
can we get a loading wagon with no net on top to haul bales in.
handloaded of course
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
MF10

Post by MF10 »

The best combine to match this pack is the Fortschritt E515-E517 as that is a German Combine from the 60's and 70's. Also what I do with bales is toss them into a tall 14000-21000 liter wagon or forage wagon. The unload them to same way. As compressed conventional bales are the hardest packed bales in real life. As for the brakes and maneuverability of this equipment. You are looking at 50's and 60's era equipment with old spring strap brakes or old mechanical brakes. Not much life in them in real life. If we had a correct transmission system in the game. Then the slightest decrease of the throttle will drop your speed very quickly. As tractors and cars don't use the same driving physics.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

PS4
GCV
The loading wagon has issues dumping grass into silage bunker by cows.Does like 100l and stops.It will unload it all if I keep pressing unload here.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

MF10 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:32 pm The best combine to match this pack is the Fortschritt E515-E517 as that is a German Combine from the 60's and 70's.
Good suggestion. The E512 is on the ModHub (beta).
"The Fortschritt E 512 is a grain harvester made by VEB Kombinat Fortschritt Landmaschinen in the German Democratic Republic between 1967 and 1988. Its successor was type E 514."
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017

I like to use a tow-behind 1959 John Deere 30 combine by KaosKnite. Full retro.
http://modcentral.co.uk/resources/1959- ... mbine.138/

MF10 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:32 pm As for the brakes and maneuverability of this equipment. You are looking at 50's and 60's era equipment with old spring strap brakes or old mechanical brakes. Not much life in them in real life. If we had a correct transmission system in the game. Then the slightest decrease of the throttle will drop your speed very quickly. As tractors and cars don't use the same driving physics.
Exactly. Most people don't realize how far brake technology has come since the 60's. I have never driven those tractors in real life, but their performance in-game seems well modeled.
Last edited by Dogface on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.